Steam Deck (handheld from Valve) - shipping is 4-8 days from NL to UK

QuackQuack

11 hours ago, bradigor said:

I have this one. 

Anker PowerCore Essential 20,000 PD Power Bank, External USB-C Battery with 20,000mAh 20W Power Delivery, Compatible with iPhone 12/12 Pro / 12 Pro Max / 8 / X/XR, Samsung, iPad Pro 2018, and More https://amzn.eu/d/dP6pMDY

INIU are much better value than Anker these days - their equivalent to the one above with 22.5W output rather than 20W is £30:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/INIU-20000mAh-Portable-High-speed-Compatible/dp/B07YPS5JC5/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=XT3OIAB2AN4S&keywords=iniu+power+bank+20000mah&qid=1654976478&sprefix=iniu%2Caps%2C69&sr=8-4#

INIU Power Bank, 22.5W Fast Charging 20000mAh Powerbank, PD3.0 QC4.0 Portable Charger, 3A (USB C Input&Output) with Flashlight LED Display Battery Pack for iPhone 13 12 X Samsung S21 S20 iPad Huawei.

Anyone have any ideas what would be the best version of Sensible Soccer to run on the Steam Deck? I have the Mega Drive port via emulation at the moment.

I'm taking a wild guess - maybe the SWOS 2020 update to the PC version of 97/98? it recommends to install via Wine according to this, although I would have thought you could do some shenanigans with Proton if you keep an eye out on where it's installing.

It's either that, or the Amiga version.

Wouldn't know personally, never touched an Amiga game in my life to my knowledge 🤷‍♂️ is an emulator core part of Retroarch?

Meanwhile, Metal Hellsinger works on Deck now - someone said it was a good demo on the Steam Deck reddit, so I figured they did something to it since I attempted running it. Suppose that's the good thing about indie games, they see the feedback and have a crack at fixing it!

I might fiddle later and see what is what with SWOS. 

Installed a bunch of demos from the weekend reveals. Spirit Swap remains top of list. (Second only to Sam Barlow's latest)

I have changed the logos and banners in steam on desktop, the logos in my library (not desktop) are still just grey with writing...what have I done wrong?

Edit.. right clicked, opened terminal, typed. /steamgrid and getting permission denied.

16 hours ago, Bonzai1888 said:

I have changed the logos and banners in steam on desktop, the logos in my library (not desktop) are still just grey with writing...what have I done wrong?

Edit.. right clicked, opened terminal, typed. /steamgrid and getting permission denied.

No idea. I had that with a couple of games (BLUR, the poster would show, but the banner wouldn't if most recent game) but on the whole it is fine. 

Edit: Will anything in this thread work for you?

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure either. The only logo I've changed was for PSO: Blue Burst (it's on my deck's SSD as a permanent thing, at my discretion), and I was able to add a logo via the desktop client just fine without fucking around with Terminal bullshit.

Steam Next Fest today :omg: a lot of demos are already up, but expect a bunch of time limited demos this evening to fuck around with. Exciting!

6 minutes ago, Siri said:

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure either. The only logo I've changed was for PSO: Blue Burst (it's on my deck's SSD as a permanent thing, at my discretion), and I was able to add a logo via the desktop client just fine without fucking around with Terminal bullshit.

Steam Next Fest today :omg: a lot of demos are already up, but expect a bunch of time limited demos this evening to fuck around with. Exciting!

I added logos for Xbox Clkoud Gaming and that was all done int he Steam UI and no terminal involved. For my emulated games, I used Steam ROM Manager. 

4 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Any guidance on how long to wait after ordering to get the deck? I paid on Saturday and I've been sitting by the letterbox ever since.

Lol at least one full week normally

37 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Any guidance on how long to wait after ordering to get the deck? I paid on Saturday and I've been sitting by the letterbox ever since.

I paid for mine on May 27th (Friday AM) and it arrived June 2nd (Thu). I had a tracking from GLS that gave me a Royal Mail tracking number but that didn't update until it was actually out for delivery on the Thursday

12 hours ago, bradigor said:

No idea. I had that with a couple of games (BLUR, the poster would show, but the banner wouldn't if most recent game) but on the whole it is fine. 

Edit: Will anything in this thread work for you?

Think thats the guide I was following, will check it over again tomorrow, cheers.

On 13/06/2022 at 12:38, Zio said:

I paid for mine on a Monday night and received it Friday morning.

On this subject, my dream of no longer letting toilet breaks stop me grinding internet spaceships can finally be a reality!

IMG_5664.thumb.jpg.cd9a4e8c70f71a3252d5fded283b3d79.jpg

Nice how much code did you use to get it working? I had to do a mix of about 45 lines of C++ and 23 sonnets of java. 

*I'm trolling the lurkers who read this thread thinking we are fiddling with our steam decks all day like hackers from 90's hollywood

1 minute ago, Uzi said:

Nice how much code did you use to get it working? I had to do a mix of about 45 lines of C++ and 23 sonnets of java. 

To be fair, Elite Dangerous is an unsupported game and did require some faff...

Spoiler

...which means I had to use the touch screen to tap 'Play" in the games launcher, then turn off FSR in the graphics settings. It worked fine with that setting on, but looked shitter than it needed to.

Valve's rating system for this is super strict. "Verified" means you're getting the full console, Switch-style, zero fucking about silky experience. "Playable" means you're almost getting that, but might have to use the on-screen keyboard, or trackpad, or the text might be a wee bit small on the Steam Deck's screen. "Unknown" is obviously just that and "Unsupported"... well, I mentioned Elite Dangerous there. Resident Evil 3 Remake is also Unsupported and not only am I playing it just fine, it also runs a treat on this thing. I don't think I had to do any messing about for this one either. Quite how it got rated as Unsupported is anyone's guess.

56 minutes ago, Uzi said:

*I'm trolling the lurkers who read this thread thinking we are fiddling with our steam decks all day like hackers from 90's hollywood

Fuck man, I just wanted to play Winnie The Pooh's Home Run Derby

As for RE3 - it should still work. IIRC, the main thing they changed was the generation of cards to guarantee compatibility with a certain DirectX version, not necessarily the relative performance.

Steam Deck matches the latest APU tech, and obviously doesn't give a shit about DirectX because it's Linux. 

Worse case scenario, despite what Capcom says, Steam has a built-in method that allows you to force a certain version of the game to be downloaded and installed. You can read about it here.

Resident Evil 3 Remake is fine - I was playing it this morning post-update on my Steam deck. Like I mentioned, it's listed as Unsupported, but it plays at Native resolution with High settings and FSR set to Ultra Quality at a smooth and steady 60 FPS for me.

I can't believe I had to mess around with effort to get the unlisted and no longer on sale PS3 version of Droplitz to actually work on the Steam Deck. It should have just been there. 

Also... fuck this right... PURE is a game that says it requires a disk to play, so I had to get two files to make it work. I'd have to do that on my main Windows PC too like, but that's not the point. 

On a more serious note. I got early code for Grindstone and it runs wonderfully on Steam Deck, the extra screen size really helps it compared to the Switch version with my visual impairment. 

1 hour ago, Zio said:

To be fair, Elite Dangerous is an unsupported game and did require some faff...

Reveal hidden contents

...which means I had to use the touch screen to tap 'Play" in the games launcher, then turn off FSR in the graphics settings. It worked fine with that setting on, but looked shitter than it needed to.

Valve's rating system for this is super strict. "Verified" means you're getting the full console, Switch-style, zero fucking about silky experience. "Playable" means you're almost getting that, but might have to use the on-screen keyboard, or trackpad, or the text might be a wee bit small on the Steam Deck's screen. "Unknown" is obviously just that and "Unsupported"... well, I mentioned Elite Dangerous there. Resident Evil 3 Remake is also Unsupported and not only am I playing it just fine, it also runs a treat on this thing. I don't think I had to do any messing about for this one either. Quite how it got rated as Unsupported is anyone's guess.

Argh... Please don't. I really shouldn't start ED again.

4 hours ago, Zio said:

Resident Evil 3 Remake is fine - I was playing it this morning post-update on my Steam deck. Like I mentioned, it's listed as Unsupported, but it plays at Native resolution with High settings and FSR set to Ultra Quality at a smooth and steady 60 FPS for me.

Yep, I’m playing it now. I didn’t have to force it to use a different version of proton either.

What does the FSR do, exactly? I haven’t seen it so much on a couple of games I tried. 

• Kryptonian changed the title to Steam Deck (handheld from Valve) - shipping is 4-8 days from NL to UK