IGNORED

Steam Deck (handheld from Valve)

QuackQuack

45 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Apart from the performance and stuff, any word on how much noise it produces running games? I hope the Deck is silent and doesn't make more noise than heavy metal.

I was reading a Q&A with a developer who had received one, he compared the noise to a switch. 

He also said that the Final Fantasy pixel remasters have text so small they are horrible to play on the Deck. Which sucks as I was planning to play them when I get my deck. 

14 hours ago, Sane said:

Ok guys I'm going to do you all a favour and cancel my Q1 256GB order. I already bought a Series X last month and I just can't afford both :(

your sacrifice will be remembered 

Already I see a ton of games on that list which I want to play and will work fantasticly well on a hand held. 

Interesting to see the Final Fantasy pixel remaster as being verified. I had read an interview with a developer who has a Steam deck that the text in the game was too small. I guess Square Enix must have patched it which bodes well for other games. 

Personally I'm still very excited about this product and I'm really looking forward to getting mine. 

I predict the community that grows around the steam deck will be amazing. The hacking, modding, add ons and emulators are going to be epic. 

I shall be furiously resfreshing my email inbox at 10am...  

Pretty cool that the embargo is lifted on the 25th as well, but more interesting is previews will come out before that.  I wonder who has the exclusives (if it's not Valve driven content)?  IGN?  DF maybe?

5 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

You have 3 days to pay and you can order from the 25th, I get paid on the 28th…..I’m all good aren’t I? I’m even panicking about simple Maths 🤦‍♂️

"The first units will be on their way to customers starting the 28th..."

I mean, nobody knows for sure and I don't want to worry you, but...wouldn't the above mean that they will ship to people that pay straight away?  Also, does the 3 days include the 25th!?

:omg:

5 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

"The first units will be on their way to customers starting the 28th..."

I mean, nobody knows for sure and I don't want to worry you, but...wouldn't the above mean that they will ship to people that pay straight away?  Also, does the 3 days include the 25th!?

:omg:

Bugger it the credit card is getting a pounding, I’m not missing out on this 😂

Unless you were one of the lucky few who momentarily had a December 2021 availability, which then changed to Q1 2022, I doubt you’ll be getting the purchase email in February. I can imagine it’s something of a soft launch.

I went Q1 to Q2, and expect it will be June before I get the option to pay. I just want to see proper impressions and a fuckton of footage.

Just now, Mitchell said:

I was lucky enough to order at 6pm, Steam invoice was issued/is timestamped 6.00pm...so I am hopeful.  🤞

Everyone else ordered the week before, at 5pm.

You'll be doing well to get it before Steamdeck 2 comes along.

The way Valve has set up the order system for the Steam Deck is really nice I think. Sure I'm slated for Q2 so I have some time to wait. 

However I do know that I am guaranteed to get one. I don't have to sign up for stock alerts and then be available exactly when stock comes in along with having the reflexes of a bot. I simply have to wait. 

Compare that to trying to get a PS5 or a 30 series card. 

I thought I'd ordered the 256Gb version, but checked and it's actually the 512Gb with the etched screen, which is annoying as I don't think I want the etched screen :( #firstworldproblems 

Still very excited for it though and if it even half works I'll be overjoyed.