IGNORED

Steam Deck (handheld from Valve)

QuackQuack

15 minutes ago, yashiro said:

That you've already played or sent to backlog heaven.

Oh totally. No one on the switch is being games for the second time or ones that have been released before repackaged by nintendo for another £40! 

I'll make sure to play games on the deck after Friday.

HEY LOOK I'M PLAYING ELDEN RING ON THE TOILET!

19 minutes ago, yashiro said:

That you've already played or sent to backlog heaven.

But sometimes they're in the backlog because you've had time to give them the attention they deserve. The Deck should alleviate some of that by giving you the chance to play on planes, trains and shitters etc.

18 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Given I am a Q1 order I'm gonna get a lot of angry people jelly of my deck. Come at me ladz.

I've said it before, just being on a deposit-driven waiting list that's not operated by shyster GPU manufacturers or retailers malnourished by covid is a vast improvement for waiting on a new bit of kit. It's hard to be mad over such a thing.

I'll probably attempt to shoehorn SteamOS 3.0 onto the mini pc as soon as it's out, mind, if only to fuck about with the new Proton version (if it's any different to what's being labelled as experimental right now, that is).

52 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

But sometimes they're in the backlog because you've had time to give them the attention they deserve. The Deck should alleviate some of that by giving you the chance to play on planes, trains and shitters etc.

Jokes aside this is basically it. I've said in this thread multiple times before that I find it difficult to play games in short bursts at my desk/couch with a big tv and thus I end up just investing my time in my backlog of single player epics and my indies/more unique experiences tend to get ignored. I'm game rich but time poor.

When I get 20/30 mins free I tend to be on my phone instead and would like to spend that time playing stuff like Slay the Spire (owned it forever but not played out it outside of 10 mins because I got distracted by something more involving). The Steam Deck is the solution. Press a button. Turn it on. Boots into game. Click one button to knock it into rest mode if I need to go do something. Come back and pick right where I left off. 

Looks like the most anticipated game is verified for Deck.

mdickie's Wrestling Empire. Fantastic news, every time I've seen people play it, it's been a right laugh. Takes me back to the bad old days of Acclaim wrestling games, but with some real spirit behind it.

Spoiler

Some other game as well:

image.png.79305a6a75c6ec786b002bae1c57513c.png

Not Metal Wolf Chaos though, so who gives a shit

16 hours ago, Dukesy said:

I’m Q1 and my order time was within 1 minute of the orders going live. I think I got very lucky. 

I’m assuming that will be the first batch but who knows. 

Same....my reciept is timed at 6.00pm, email came through at 6.01pm, so I would like to think I'm in Q1?!  Who knows though...

46 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

Same....my reciept is timed at 6.00pm, email came through at 6.01pm, so I would like to think I'm in Q1?!  Who knows though...

You can see if you are Q1 on Steam page for the deck.while logged in. You're prob launch batch too 

25 minutes ago, Uzi said:

My purchase was originally Dec 21 even though my order was timestamped 6.07pm so very much doubt I will be getting an email today with 6 mins ahead of me

For what it's worth my 1807 order is listed as Q2. 

19 minutes ago, bear said:

For what it's worth my 1807 order is listed as Q2. 

My mistake mine was 18.06 email received 

16 Jul, 2021 @ 6:06pm

Looks like I just got in by the skin of my teeth

I regret not placing an earlier pre-order - mine is from August 10th.

I probably have an earlier one as my family got me it for my 40th, though it's still after Q2. I knew this was happening, hence my own dilly-dallying before I figured a deposit of my own would be handy in the event they decided otherwise.

It's going to be a fairly long wait. Luckily I'll have my thesis to keep me busy.

Edit: the family ordered on July 16th, so that's much better.