IGNORED

Steam Deck (handheld from Valve)

QuackQuack

5 hours ago, Big Swifty said:

It seems to depend a lot on the version you have ordered. I was within the first 2 mins (18:01) of preording a 512 and was in the last batch of March emails. It's now on it's way but been sat with Parcel Force "Your parcel has been sorted at our hub and is on its way to our delivery depot." since Friday, it's already taken longer there than it did to move from the Netherlands 😟

Oh, that sounds grim. Wonder if I’ll get mine (ordered Monday) before I go on holiday about 10 days from now...

I fucking despise Parcel Farce. I’d have happily bunged Valve £20 to go with DPD.

E-Mail with tracking has just come through the inbox for me. I'm guessing the tracking will be live in a couple of hours.

At least I'm only a half hour drive from the depot when a red slip comes through the letter box. PF are usually alright here, but there's been cock-ups before when a new driver can't find our place so I'd rather get it myself. Hopefully there's an option in the tracking to do that, might as well if I'm not working.

12 minutes ago, Siri said:

At least I'm only a half hour drive from the depot when a red slip comes through the letter box. PF are usually alright here, but there's been cock-ups before when a new driver can't find our place so I'd rather get it myself. Hopefully there's an option in the tracking to do that, might as well if I'm not working.

No option to pick up for me*, but I don't think it has got to the local distribution centre yet.

"Your parcel from VALVE CORPORATION B2C is due to be delivered on Monday 4 April 2022. If you wish to choose an alternative delivery please select from the options below:

•Deliver to a neighbour

•Deliver to a local Post Office for me to collect

•Deliver on Tuesday 5 April 2022

•Deliver on Wednesday 6 April 2022"

*EDIT well not to pick up from the depot.

Bah. I contacted Parcel Force and they came back with this:

"Our tracking confirms your parcel is currently awaiting Customs clearance.

On occasions, due to the complexities of the customs processes, delays may occur. Where possible we try to minimise the length of time that it will take for your parcel to be processed through the import customs. The delivery speed guarantee does cease when the item has been presented to Customs and restarts once the item has been released.

Regretfully, I'm unable to give you a date of when your parcel will be released back into the Parcelforce network for delivery.

If your parcel is released with no charges we will attempt delivery the first possible working day.

If your parcel is released with charges a letter regarding this will be sent to you, this includes a 17 digit reference number that you will need to pay the amount required. The parcel will be held in your local depot pending payment.

When your parcel is released from Customs, if you haven't received your letter within 7 days of release, please email us again and we'll be happy to help you with this."

At least it's not gone missing (yet!). Anyone else had their deck end up in customs? I'm likely to get a charge now aren't I...😞

You shouldn't get charged. Valve have covered all of that from their end to my understanding. It's probably held because of all the red tape we don't have now following brexit ehhhh. Mine took a full week to arrive. 

Guys am I going to have a much worse experience playing Elden Ring via the Steam Deck? I’ve not got a Series X or PS5 anymore (sold them as I only ever play my Switch) 

Just wondered if it’s perfectly playable on Steam Deck or if I should wait until I pick up another Series X / PS5 in a couple of months time?

You'll get the best portable experience possible. Game runs at 30fps, no stutters like the PC version. 

I'd argue its a game you should play on a big screen because of how immense and dense it is with detail and using the screen space to help with combat visuals but it plays well on the steamdeck from the 1-2 hours I messed around with it. I'd personally rather play at 60fps and on a tv. 

God, the Steam Deck has completely replaced the Switch over here. So much old and new stuff to play through. And it all runs nicely. 

FFVI Pixel Remaster is just perfect on this device. Trying out Dishonored and Portal 2 as well. Such a lovely handheld. And that d-pad… :wub: 

Not an inch of regret in getting this thing. 

I'm unseasonably excited to fuck around with old games that I didn't have the gumption to sit at a desk and play back when I first built a proper PC, honestly.

I saw someone on another forum post a choice screencap from Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden. My train of thought was directly:

'Man, I never got around to playing it'

'...oh shit, the deck can probably play it'

Providing text scaling doesn't take the piss, visual novels will be fantastic on this thing too, just from the combination of being able to sleep/resume and customising the controls to just tap on the touch pads to scroll through.

No word from GLS or Parcelforce after it left the depot, mind. Best not think about it until I get the PF email to send it to the post office!

10 minutes ago, Siri said:

I'm unseasonably excited to fuck around with old games that I didn't have the gumption to sit at a desk and play back when I first built a proper PC, honestly.

I saw someone on another forum post a choice screencap from Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden. My train of thought was directly:

'Man, I never got around to playing it'

'...oh shit, the deck can probably play it'

Providing text scaling doesn't take the piss, visual novels will be fantastic on this thing too, just from the combination of being able to sleep/resume and customising the controls to just tap on the touch pads to scroll through.

No word from GLS or Parcelforce after it left the depot, mind. Best not think about it until I get the PF email to send it to the post office!

I keep thinking of games that will be great on this, Ive bought the first two Broken Sword games as I’ve never completed them. Think I’m more excited to play some older games that have sat in my Steam library for years than I am new stuff 

13 hours ago, Siri said:

Fingers crossed for you it dodges the customs pit, I got my Parcel Force despatch email on the Friday after I paid.

3 hours ago, jonamok said:

No updates from GLS or PF for 2 days now. GLS just says on way to final parcel centre, PF just says GLS has it. 😬

It won't update until it lands in the UK at a parcelforce depot. 

Typically 1 week+ from dispatch to delivery

4 hours ago, Big Swifty said:

Fingers crossed for you it dodges the customs pit, I got my Parcel Force despatch email on the Friday after I paid.

You had to pay customs tax?

4 minutes ago, Big Swifty said:

Not yet, just still stuck there with no update.

Ah misread your post, I thought parcel force held it hostage until you paid them!