Jump to content
IGNORED

Steam Deck (handheld from Valve)


QuackQuack
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've never had much luck with PS3 emulation, so time to try again I suppose. 

 

Is there a good idiots guide for setting up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, there's not a lot to set up when it comes to RPCS3, because it's a whole lot simpler than most other emulators - when I first tried it, this was what I did in the literal sense:

 

- Installed RPCS3 from the Discover store, or via Emudeck

- Downloaded the PS3UPDATE.PUP from Sony's website, after searching for PS3 firmware on Google

- Open up RPCS3, and follow the instructions which should include installing that firmware file. If it doesn't, there's an option to do it next to the option to install games.

- Install/Play games.

-  (optional) Add RPCS3 as a shortcut on Steam, without forcing compatibility, so I can access it in Gaming Mode.

 

The biggest complication is games - if it's a PKG file, you need to install the game, in addition to 'installing' a matching RAP file (which is the matching DRM license). If it's a folder, you just need to point RPCS3 to a file that says 'eboot'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woo, found a folder version. 

 

As an aside, trying to remember how BIOS files worked with emu deck. Did they all go direct in the bios folder, or should they stilol have their sub-folders?

Eg:

just

.../bios/

 

or

.../bios/pcsx2/

.../bios/dc

etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also got the email last night! I'm very excited!

 

How long does it usually take from payment to delivery in the UK out of interest?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zio said:

I also got the email last night! I'm very excited!

 

How long does it usually take from payment to delivery in the UK out of interest?

 

About a week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Woo, found a folder version. 

 

As an aside, trying to remember how BIOS files worked with emu deck. Did they all go direct in the bios folder, or should they stilol have their sub-folders?

Eg:

just

.../bios/

 

or

.../bios/pcsx2/

.../bios/dc

etc

 

I think it's supposed to be the former, but I think with Retroarch it was expecting /bios/system/.

 

In the end I dumped my bios files into both places to be doubly sure because my folder is already a mess :facepalm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Siri said:

 

I think it's supposed to be the former, but I think with Retroarch it was expecting /bios/system/.

 

In the end I dumped my bios files into both places to be doubly sure because my folder is already a mess :facepalm:

 

I mean yeah... my actual in-use bios folder on the PC has repeated files all over the shop. Just threw them everywhere until it worked :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good fucking god, Powerwash Simulator is a fucking problem in a portable handheld format.

 

Bought it on whim while watching someone stream it, and five hours have just evaporated from my existence.

 

My only assumption why it's not on consoles yet is because of the collective damage it will do to civilization. Although it's in such a polished state that I'm kind of expecting an announcement at some point this year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Siri said:

Good fucking god, Powerwash Simulator is a fucking problem in a portable handheld format.

 

Bought it on whim while watching someone stream it, and five hours have just evaporated from my existence.

 

My only assumption why it's not on consoles yet is because of the collective damage it will do to civilization. Although it's in such a polished state that I'm kind of expecting an announcement at some point this year

 

I've been avoiding installing for precisely this reason

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Emudeck and Cloud Gaming all working. 

 

Can't work out how to change settings for PSX/PS2 yet. 

 

Tomorrow I'll get RPCS3 running. Do I use the iso or flatpak version when activating in Steam Rom manager?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm guessing flatpak is best - the only difference between running Emudeck on the SD card or SSD is where the games and BIOS are ultimately located and the emulators themselves are always on the SSD, so there's no real reason to go with a standalone to make it portable.

 

 

In other fucking around news, I decided to try out PolyMC, as I found out about the new Wild Update in Minecraft is out today. Was very easy to just log into my java account and get a new instance of 1.19 up and running within minutes - and adding PolyMC to Steam comes up with a pile of Steam Input settings, too.

 

You know, just in case I need a change from Dysmantle and Powerwash, which has already robbed enough of my holiday time :coffee:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great thanks. Just converting all my psx bin/cues to chd on the PC. Hoping it can read the m3u for multi disc games, just for organisation purposes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Siri said:

I mean, there's not a lot to set up when it comes to RPCS3, because it's a whole lot simpler than most other emulators - when I first tried it, this was what I did in the literal sense:

 

- Installed RPCS3 from the Discover store, or via Emudeck

- Downloaded the PS3UPDATE.PUP from Sony's website, after searching for PS3 firmware on Google

- Open up RPCS3, and follow the instructions which should include installing that firmware file. If it doesn't, there's an option to do it next to the option to install games.

- Install/Play games.

-  (optional) Add RPCS3 as a shortcut on Steam, without forcing compatibility, so I can access it in Gaming Mode.

 

The biggest complication is games - if it's a PKG file, you need to install the game, in addition to 'installing' a matching RAP file (which is the matching DRM license). If it's a folder, you just need to point RPCS3 to a file that says 'eboot'.

 

Also, before I get ahead of myself. Looking at the opened folder for Lollipop Chainsaw, does this structure look right for placing into the correct place on my SD Card (in the correct ps3 folder emudeck setup)

ignore the This PC>Downloads>Compressed part

 

 

 

image.thumb.png.7bdf4f9f8dee6e5c55af9b6d80feb991.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Siri said:

Good fucking god, Powerwash Simulator is a fucking problem in a portable handheld format.

 

If you've not tried it, enabling gyro controls works well for Powerwash Simulator. I have it set to enable the gyro just when R2 is held down, so you can use it to adjust your aim while washing stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should probably mention by problem, I did mean it from an addiction standpoint as Bradigor understood it as. There's no actual problems playing the game.

 

I did map gyro to the right stick touch ala quake, but I'll give R2 a go - mapping gyro motion to analogue movement felt a little slow, but mapping to mouse meant it swapped between Xinput and KBM and broke momentum slightly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone whose garden flags are pretty much black with moss and mould, I expect the missus would kill me if I started putting hours into Powerwash Simulator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to sell it, not sure what price though. Its a 256GB model with a screen protector & 512GB SD card. Also has a DBrand skin on the front (red) & back (black) & a USB C hub. Any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope everyone who has had their email are looking forward to getting it. Personally, I’ll never forget the pop up message I got once I’d logged into my steam account after receiving my deck.

 

 

CF79A032-9E8C-402D-9D69-4A671CBE0F39.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Dazzx said:

I'm going to sell it, not sure what price though. Its a 256GB model with a screen protector & 512GB SD card. Also has a DBrand skin on the front (red) & back (black) & a USB C hub. Any ideas?


Take the skins off, remove the SD card and sell it to CEX for an easy profit, or sell it on the forum for what you paid for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The biggest shame is Steam ROM Manager not picking up the cover art for a few games. So will need to do that manually. At least for posters, hero and banners 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, my copy of VF2 has that problem because SRM reads the eboot as the serial code.

 

SGDBoop would probably fix that right up, but because it will still be a ballache every time I want to run SRM and it resets, so I just have RPCS3 as the one thing I have in SteamOS, same with Emulation Station for.. well, everything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Siri said:

Yeah, my copy of VF2 has that problem because SRM reads the eboot as the serial code.

 

SGDBoop would probably fix that right up, but because it will still be a ballache every time I want to run SRM and it resets, so I just have RPCS3 as the one thing I have in SteamOS, same with Emulation Station for.. well, everything else.

 

I'm currently making posters/hero images and adding them to SteamGridDB... Any you want let me know

 

https://www.steamgriddb.com/profile/76561198021891465

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, booted up PREY for the first time and that is a cool game. Plays really well on the deck, I think it is the one that will force me to get used to trackpad mouse control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gamepass on Deck

 

I can’t get this to work. I’ve followed this guys steps but the pop up window that appears doesn’t appear for me (and I’ve tried uninstalling ms edge and reinstalling and repeating and it just doesn’t happen).

 

I’m able to do the other things and input commands but the best I get is gamepass launching in full screen but the controller doesn’t work (I’ve tried changing the controller profile options too)

 

The pop up window I’m referring to is at about 1:10 in this video, just after ‘add to steam’. That window doesn’t pop up for me.

 

Any advice?!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.