Nickelodeon All Star Brawl - Smashing! (Previously Braw)

Retroid

Genuinely looks ace and comes from the Devs who did Slap City which was a lot of fun. Rumors Ren and Stimpy may be in it.

This might actually be a Smash-beater! Releases this fall.

2 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Ren & Stimpy creator John K wound up being a paedo, right? Big Smash energy right enough.

WTF, I didn't know that!

I'm looking forward to seeing a pricing for the game etc as time goes on, I really enjoyed my free weekend play of Nick Kart or whatever it was called. 

If the Master Hand equivalent isn't Face from Nick Jr., I'm not fucking interested.

(But seriously, Powdered Toast Man is very much cash money, and the Slap City devs did good. Just needs a bit more representation from Rocko and Doug. Maybe a Nickelodeon Guts styled stage)

2 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Ren & Stimpy creator John K wound up being a paedo, right? Big Smash energy right enough.

I believe he's a malignant workplace abuser and misogynist, haven't heard child abuse allegations.

I might be interested if i knew who the characters are. Clearly its for kids and not old bastards. 

Although i remember Doug and rugrats from back in the day. 

Fucks sake what is it with people. 

Every time I remember something nostalgic I'm fond of I end up finding out its created by some evil cunt or another. 

See now I don't want to buy the game because he's a scumbag and I don't want him to have my money, but I'm still curious about it.

36 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Fucks sake what is it with people. 

Every time I remember something nostalgic I'm fond of I end up finding out its created by some evil cunt or another. 

See now I don't want to buy the game because he's a scumbag and I don't want him to have my money, but I'm still curious about it.

I don’t think he’s made money from Ren & Stimpy since being fired by Nickelodeon, many years before these allegations even came out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Retroid changed the title to Nickelodeon All Star Brawl - Smashing! (Previously Braw)
6 hours ago, schmojo said:

Looks like Ren and Stimpy are in. Hopefully there won't be any money making it to Jon K...

I tried to look this up and the only thing I could find was that he wouldn't get anything from a Ren and Stimpy reboot so maybe after X point he doesn't get Jack from the license? I hope that's the case. Because fuck that guy.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked this up on launch yesterday while it had a few quid off. 

I think it's alright, I'm not a Smash player by any means, but I can see why this would appeal to people who do play Smash as the formula is pretty much the same. 

As is with the one Smash game i own i still spend 99% of the time eliminating myself by mistiming moves thinking im going to do something spectacular looking and overshooting the ledge. 

I know some characters and i can recognize some levels, but it does feel as if i'm the wrong generation for the game characters wise. 

The level design is pretty ace and a bit tricky in places too, one level which is on a breakfast table (gave me that Micro Machines vibe) has a couple of spots in the bowls and between the bowls that are actually ring out spots which tricked me until i worked out the exact spots. 

And there's another level i dread which is all floating tables, where you feel you spend more time trying to out last your opponent by just staying on the objects rather than fighting. 

Overall not the best purchase ive made but certainly not the worst and i can imagine this is going to be quite fun couch co-up with the nephews at some point. 

The consensus among smash players is that the game is fun but very mashy and will need a lot of work put into it. It’s like smash 64 turned up to 11 for how easy it is to touch of death people.