Nickelodeon All Star Brawl - Smashing! (Previously Braw)

Retroid

I had a bunch of MS Reward points so cashed them in to get this for the kids.

They have a Series S so I imagine it’ll be fine, but the screen tearing on my OneX is awful! 
Definitely needs more polish. But hey, Garfield is rumoured to be coming soon so that’ll make up for it 😉

1 hour ago, StoooTube said:

I had a bunch of MS Reward points so cashed them in to get this for the kids.

They have a Series S so I imagine it’ll be fine, but the screen tearing on my OneX is awful! 
Definitely needs more polish. But hey, Garfield is rumoured to be coming soon so that’ll make up for it 😉

Im still playing it and enjoying it. 

The mini games are fun and I think they’d be even better if you play with other players opposed to the CPU.

Runs fine on my Series S. 

Been playing it with the kids on their Series S. Screen tearing in that too.

It’s a shame there’s no character voices either, that would add some extra personality to it. 

It’s still fun though, although it’s definitely not a £40 game. 

On 10/10/2021 at 21:41, StoooTube said:

Been playing it with the kids on their Series S. Screen tearing in that too.

It’s a shame there’s no character voices either, that would add some extra personality to it. 

It’s still fun though, although it’s definitely not a £40 game. 

I think it's more than Nick didn't have the confidence to put a load of money into it.. BUT it has apparently sold decently - enough that the devs are taking suggestions to improve it.. more characters and voice packs definitely being up high on most people's lists (except on PC where of course someone has already patched in voice clips from the various shows!)

Though that itself is awkward, and may be subject to licensing and not all the actors are still available/alive/young enough to voice the characters.. (e.g. the actor for Aang from Avatar is nearly 30 now..)

I'm surprised Sega have never attempted a Smash clone - they're one of only a few companies that could genuinely fill a huge roster from their back catalogue alone..