IGNORED

Stream Deck

Halo

At an event of Elgato products, I see a major revision of arguably their biggest product the Elgato Stream Deck v2 has been announced today:

Introducing Stream Deck MK.2. Interchangeable faceplates Removable USB-C cable Detachable stand Available now: http://e.lga.to/StreamDeckMK2

Does anyone use one of these? I don’t stream but I’ve always liked the idea of one of these for general work stuff and people seem to like them - £140 is a lot of money for something I might not use.

I do like the idea of a second device if you’re streaming and you don’t want to faff around and alt-tab between things on your desktop or deal with having web apps open on your mobile, but I keep my streams pretty simple so it’s probably not for me.

Dock the Stream Deck with the Steam Deck by connecting the Steam Deck dock to the Steam Deck and the Stream Deck to the Steam Deck dock.

Edit - These remind me of the Optimus Maximus keyboard, which is part of the long history of items which were invented 15 years before they would become commercially viable. There was even a mini, few-button version.

I've got the original version - it's a great little device. Admittedly I do stream and it's perfect for that, especially if you're streaming direct from PC as you can use it to control stuff in OBS without needing to Alt+Tab out of a game, but I also use mine to control my Hue lights and Spotify. You can set it up for all kinds of stuff now - I also previously had it setup to move windows around into pre-set positions and stuff like that, but they've also got a little store now for downloading all kinds of integrations.

• 6 months later...

Elgato has announced Stream Deck Pedal:

I know these are aimed at streaming but I really like the idea of these as general purpose PC input devices. £80 takes it out of impulse purchase territory, though.

• 2 months later...
On 25/01/2022 at 18:59, CheekyLee said:

Surely there are other ways of achieving this? As a quick example - https://www.amazon.co.uk/DecentGadget®-Control-Keyboard-Action-Fußpedal/dp/B00O055QB4/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B00O055QB4&psc=1

£80 is taking the piss!

I own those pedals, and they don't at all achieve what the Streamdeck pedal does; which is to provide every Streamdeck function in pedal form.