IGNORED

Lost Ark - Even the queues have queues

Flub

I'm having a blast on my sorceress. It's a very fun game indeed.

Just finished the first area at about level 18. Moving onto the next biome now. It's very pretty.

image.thumb.png.f977552af5a4aedbeff0c08c1bfc08ed.png

I've put in 7 hours on my sorceress so far. Here's my initial thoughts.

It's a little bit weird at first. The blurb says you pick an advanced class at level 10. What actually happens is you start at level 10 and pick an advanced class there and then. It's like there's a 10 level prologue that's been stripped out. You get to spawn some enemies and a boss and test the skills for the classes before you lock it in.

Plot

It's there. It's bollocks you'll tune out. Only FF14 and GW2 have managed to keep me interested in a plot.

Combat

Fun. It doesn't seem challenging while levelling (I'm 21 so far) but it's solid and meaty. People say it's not like Diablo but it kinda is. You get huge packs swarming you and you make them all explode. Not a super amount of loot but that's to its credit. Skill system seems to have plenty of flexibility for how you want to build

UI and graphics

The UI is solid and good. There's a storage system, inventory sorting. It works and is good. Graphics are lovely. It's a real looker. Environments are attractive, monster designs are interesting and varied. Cutscenes can be pretty cinematic and often very anime.

Classes

There's plenty of them. Shame about the gender locking but that a Korean MMO for you.

Grind

None so far. Only doing the main quest and ignoring all side quests will apparently drop you right at level 50.

It also seems very alt friendly.

I'm on the EU server called Slen and haven't had a queue yet. Even last night. Might be worth considering although I expect every server is going to get the shit kicked out of it on Friday

Holy shit. The moment to moment questing is nothing to speak of but there are some amazing set pieces. So far I've taken part in two absolutely amazing sieges. One attacking and one defending. Game is really fun so far.

According to steam I'm 18 hours in, level 38 (I think I'm about 4 levels ahead of the curve) and no end to the first part of the story in sight. I'm told we should consider the level 1-50 plot a bit like ARR. Not that great but stick at it. Apparently a load of stuff opens up after that including 97 islands to explore and stuff so we shall see.

What server are people playing on, I made the mistake of Zinnervale, so long queues? Though I wouldn't be surprised if queues will be an issue for most servers at the moment.

I think everything is going to have long queues. I'm guessing they might have had a panic attack at the last minute and decided to set up a shit load of new servers

Also from what I'm reading a lot of people compare the level 1-50 story as being like ARR in FFF14. A bit of a relic with much better (And harder) stuff to come. That shall be interesting to see. I'm level 40 now and already trying to decide if I want to go straight back and level a gunblade.

Created three different classes and got them through the tutorial. Sorceress, bard and berzerker. Not sure which I should continue with, I always find ranged classes easier in these Diablo type games.

This doesn't work very well on my PC.  I'm getting around 11fps.  My GPU usage is at 5%.

PC gaming at it's finest. 😭

Edit: /sigh.  Seems like my GPU has decided to stay at low power clocks not matter what the game.  Time for some poking around....

25 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

This doesn't work very well on my PC.  I'm getting around 11fps.  My GPU usage is at 5%.

PC gaming at it's finest. 😭

Edit: /sigh.  Seems like my GPU has decided to stay at low power clocks not matter what the game.  Time for some poking around....

Must be something with the setup. I play, only the the first hour so far, in 4k on an old 970 GPU.