Kids programs that adults should watch

MarkN

It got one mention already but it really needs to be seen by more people, the new (2015) Danger Mouse stuff is fantastic. Kevin Eldon as Penfold and a host of other starry names doing a great job, genuinely funny script and narrator too. My kid laughs a lot during it but so do my wife and I, albeit admittedly not always at the same time. Something for everyone!

A few honourable mentions already but The Amazing World Of Gumball is absolutely the best animated comedy show, ever.

I've watched all of it countless times and it still manages to make me laugh. It knew when to bow out too, the final series was brilliant.

It left me wanting lots more and that's always a sign of a very good TV show. Everybody needs to watch it, from start to finish. In order too.

I'd love a box set of all of Gumball. DVD releases are up to ... S2.

Must have been really expensive:

“What type of animation are you going to use?”

”Every type of animation. In one scene”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Man I love the time travel episode of Hilda (series 2 episode 8 ) a lovely bittersweet tale that puts a lot of “adult” sci-fi to shame. 

Hilda in general is brilliant, trolls, adventure, fantastic story lines and some amazing synth music. I love that my kids love it.

It’s on Netflix, get cosy and get lost in Trollberg. 

137F95F6-7ECE-4B42-BAAA-78CCF389F6C4.jpeg

I've watched a *lot* of Bluey over the last few months, frequently in the middle of the night thanks to our four year old having regular sleep troubles, and it's without a shadow of a doubt the best "kids" show out of all the stuff her and her older sister have ever been into.

The episode where Bingo is struggling to sleep was like a punch in the heart at 4am though.

Can't wait for series 3 to be easily available.

Oh and I wish I was a quarter of the dad Bandit is.

On 21/07/2021 at 08:31, K said:

It’s too loud and manic to watch too much of, but I’ve quite enjoyed watching Teen Titans Go with my son. It’s like South Park for primary school children, and is obviously made with a fair degree of care.

I watched a couple of episodes with him the other day, and the first one revolved around pyramid schemes, and the second one was focused on buy-to-let mortgages. 

Yep. It’s probably in my top five favourite shows of all time and top three reasons I’m glad I have a child.

I wish Bluey had been around when our 8 year old was younger. I spent hours watching Peppa Pig with her, which has its moments but isn't a patch on Bluey.

Felt a bit sad yesterday as she came back from school and someone had told her that "Bluey was for babies!"

Pah! It's way better than the likes of Miraculous and Glitterforce!

On 04/02/2022 at 20:08, Paulando said:

The episode where the mole puts on his glasses and sees Duggee as a real dog absolutely slayed me.

Which episode is this? I thought I had seen them all 20 times over and can't remember seeing this. 

12 hours ago, El Pibe said:

I wish Bluey had been around when our 8 year old was younger. I spent hours watching Peppa Pig with her, which has its moments but isn't a patch on Bluey.

Felt a bit sad yesterday as she came back from school and someone had told her that "Bluey was for babies!"

Pah! It's way better than the likes of Miraculous and Glitterforce!

Bluey is legit incredible. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2022 at 17:06, Dr Nookie said:

Don’t know if it’s been said - must have been - but Morph. Any Morph at all. 

Currently the Epic Adventures are on Sky at least and still so watchable. 

I’ll say it again……Morph. 

I'll have to look it up. I remember enoying it as a kid, but Chas annoyed me. But then as a young kid I tended to dislike people/characters who were spiky and noisy and disruptive (I preferred Morecambe to Wise FFS). I changed massively at some point (I'd love to remember when) - I'm now completely the opposite. I'm guessing Chas would be my hero now.