IGNORED

Marvel's Hawkeye

JohnC

35 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

Says someone who hasn’t read any of the awesome comics featuring Kate Bishop.

Don't worry he'll be back in a mo to tell us all comics are grimdark edgelord shit as well like it's still the 90's

You are right though Pizza Dog for the win. 

3 hours ago, cassidy said:

Don't worry he'll be back in a mo to tell us all comics are grimdark edgelord shit as well like it's still the 90's

You are right though Pizza Dog for the win. 

I wish comics were still like they were in the 90s aka the last golden age of comics!

2 minutes ago, Death's Head said:

The Invisibles, Transmetropolitan, Sandman, proper Hellblazer... sounds great! 

Vertigo titles during the 90s are pretty much the greatest comics of all-time, sadly  most of the output from Marvel and DC was utter dreck, and don’t even get me started on the shite Image were publishing then.

I'm actually more interested in this than I thought I'd be.  I think it's down to me thinking Hawkeye would work better in a TV mini series then he does when he's next to OP Super Heroes and Villains.

The “bet you didn’t see that coming” gag from Age of Ultron is still the best laugh from the MCU. In his own words “it should have been me!” We were all ready then, but you had a to go and grab some character development.

So is this doing the whole Hawkeye owns some flats? Complete with the dog, tracksuit mafia and Carl from ATHF?

I've seen a couple of photos so i know Kate Bishop is in it, getting us set up for what i expect is Young Avengers (Imagine if they got the original OC writers in for that) but i know nothing else about the show. 

When the trailer comes out i will either be put off and just read the damning muk commentary or give it ago. I never gave two shits about Hawkeye in comics (except for killing The Hulk) but that series was awesome and would convert really well to the MCU.

On 02/08/2021 at 14:39, Welrain said:

I've never understood the hate for Hawkeye so I'm really looking forward to the series.  

Yeah, he's my daughter's favorite character. Looking forward to it too.

This week I learned that Clint Barton is from Waverly, Iowa, which is about 90 minutes up the road from here. So he's Hawkeye because he's from the Hawkeye State. I can't believe we're like 47 years into the MCU and I didn't already know that.

• 1 month later...

As this is really the only thing I am looking forward to coming from Marvel in the next year or so, I am glad to see it looks really good and just like the comic it’s mainly based on, it seems it’s going to be a lot of fun as well.

Yeah this does look good. Bearing in mind it's only Sep and there's still a bit of Summer sun still in the sky, it's the first Christmassy thing I've seen that's given me a nice little twang of Christmas spirit. Even if it is too bloody early :)