IGNORED

Marvel's Hawkeye

JohnC

I'm enjoying, but not loving this. It has some moments, but it's neither as funny nor as touching as I thought. Perhaps the latter is to come (it's got to have a happy ending right before Christmas, after all, right?)

Clint is obviously not the Clint of old - the blip and Ronin changed him, of course - but he just seems to talk in short, clipped sentences or mumbles and I'm just not getting the warmth from him (nor his relationship with Kate) that I guess I expected. It's watchable (even if I think yesterday's episode was a bit plodding) but I guess I'm not really seeing where all the love from you guys is coming from.

I’m loving this, but for something that is clearly meant to be quite straightforward in terms of plot I’m a little confused…

Spoiler

What is the significance of the watch? Clint said something about belonging to a friend of his and it could blow their cover or something?

Not sure if that’s all I’m meant to know right know and if so that’s fine. So slight lack of plot clarity aside this is everything I hoped it would be.

26 minutes ago, Steve McQueef said:

Her mother runs a security company and yet she has no idea what a silent alarm is.

Look, I get that she is meant to be young and naive, but there's naive and then there's being blatantly stupid.

It was hardly "silent" though. Also, if you think about it- there was absolutely no need to have any reference or mention of an alarm- Echo could have just showed up anyhow for purposes of the plot. The purple putty arrows were referenced last week.

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

How does her mother running a security company mean she should know about it? Is everyone supposed to be fully versed in their parents jobs?

Well, mine work for Nintendo and tell me everything. Ask me about the Switch Pro.

20 hours ago, JohnC said:

How does her mother running a security company mean she should know about it? Is everyone supposed to be fully versed in their parents jobs?

It does in Hollywood. Patty Jenkin's father was a pilot and she is the best qualified director to make a film about fighter jets. In space.

5 hours ago, MansizeRooster said:

HOLY SHIT

Hide contents

It's a super grainy pic, so I can't tell - is it D'Onofrio?

It has to be. They quite simply could not cast a better actor for the role.

This also implies Bernthal is likely back in as the Punisher. FUCK YEAH!

Oooh, I hadnt even considered that last part. I've been wanting him to get rolled into the mcu for ages.

Also:

Spoiler

marvels-hawkeye-tracksuit-mafia.jpg

Told you, airbags. :)