IGNORED

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - This thread must be the work of an enemy「STAND」

Harsin

That’s too much hassle for me, I just end up watching something else. Which is how I came to watch GiTS SAC_2045 and now Full Metal Alchemist, which seems pretty good. I like to have an anime series for lunchtimes when I’m WFH.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

That's cool - I have now watched all the Netflix ones. It's a wild ride.

Have you watched Fullmetal Alchemist yet? I’m tempted to say it’s even better than Jojo, but I just can’t bring myself to for the moment.

On 09/11/2021 at 12:48, ZOK said:

Have you watched Fullmetal Alchemist yet? I’m tempted to say it’s even better than Jojo, but I just can’t bring myself to for the moment.

Brotherhood rather than original recipe though, right? I think it’s one of the best anime series I’ve seen. Sticks the landing.

Basically there's two version of Fullmetal Alchemist on Netflix.

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) - In summary they started making an anime when only a few chapters of the manga were out and quickly ran out of source material and had to make the rest up themselves. A bit like what happened with Game of Thrones, except they ran out material much earlier in the story.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (2009) - This is the series that's based on the full story by the original author. It has much better animation to boot. Personally I think it's superior to the first attempt which is essentially 3/4 fanfiction (not using that in a derogatory manner but as about the most relevant description), but a plenty of people really like that one as well. The only thing with Brotherhood is that it rattles through the stuff already done in the 2003 series as they felt most of the audience would already have seen that and as a result a lot of people think the first series did those parts of the story better as they had more time to breath.

5 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I'll have to check it out. I don't really watch anime, not at all sure why I started on JoJo.

In that case ignore this conversation completely, you should be watching Neon Genesis Evangelion (presuming you’ve not watched it, that is).

• 2 weeks later...

Just made a start on this instead of doing a NGE rewatch and I'm glad I did. I didn't get past the first episode when I first tried because Dio is such an asshole, but gave it another go and just went with how stupid it is instead of trying to take it seriously.

Just met Robert E.O. Speedwagon.