IGNORED

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - This thread must be the work of an enemy「STAND」

Harsin

Recently finished Stardust Crusaders and waiting for Netflix to get the rest. SC was obviously better than the first two arcs but I did find myself missing the horror (and body horror) of the early episodes, there was some genuinely horrific stuff mixed in with the silliness and I enjoyed those tonal shifts.

No date yet for diamond is unbreakable on Netflix UK right?

I'm coming towards the end of Battle Tendency and I feel like I kind of get it - it's basically everything that's utterly stupid about anime turned up to 11, right? I get that, and sometimes it's quite funny, but never really reaches the heights of One Punch Man, which is also a send up of anime tropes, but still managed to make me care about the characters. This is just so utterly stupid that while it's sort of entertaining, I honestly couldn't care less about any of the characters, really. The long winded explanations during fights are becoming really tiresome.

I was reading earlier that Araki's editor apparently advised him at one point that as it was a Shonen manga he should change Jolyne to a male protagonist, as otherwise fans would complain. Apparently Araki refused and said if they complained that would just show how even more important it was that the protagonist was female. Pretty great if so.

How the hell did Crunchyroll manage to lose this? Not even sure what I'm paying for anymore as they get so few of the new shows. My watchlist this past year on there has been woeful, thankfully I can see the rest elsewhere but seems like the whole service is slowly being drained of everything.