IGNORED

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - This thread must be the work of an enemy「STAND」

Harsin

I love how (massive spoilers for everything Jo Jo btw):

Spoiler

Jolyne's theme subtly riffs on Jotaro's one.

My absolute favourite moment was when

Spoiler

Jolyne talks about going to save the kid because it's the right thing to do, and Jotaro gives her a look that is all like "yaaas".

Then later on even though he realised he saw it in a dream she does the same thing again and he confirms she's absolutely the real deal.

The Joestars are all about self sacrificial heroism with the greatest of style, and she has it in spades.

Although my personal favourite example is Grandpa Joseph Joestar in the baby episode of Diamond. Probably one of the most low key greatest Joestar moments ever.

11 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Thought I'd dip in tonight but already clocked 7 episodes. Bloody hell its good. Are we far off the end of the manga's or are they still being updated? I daren't look anything up as I've had previous series spoiled very easily when I did!

If you're watching Golden Wind, then there's 3 more arcs and a new arc called Jojolands announced this year.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

Thought I'd dip in tonight but already clocked 7 episodes. Bloody hell its good. Are we far off the end of the manga's or are they still being updated? I daren't look anything up as I've had previous series spoiled very easily when I did!

Two more manga instalments after this one. Steel Ball Run and JoJolion (which is just wrapping up). But all indications are that Araki will start another one.

EDIT: See it’s already been answered.

On 02/12/2021 at 07:55, Lorfarius said:

How the hell did Crunchyroll manage to lose this? Not even sure what I'm paying for anymore as they get so few of the new shows. My watchlist this past year on there has been woeful, thankfully I can see the rest elsewhere but seems like the whole service is slowly being drained of everything.

Money. That's it. Netflix has a lot more.

The gamble of taking the Netflix money paid off big time for David Production as Stone Ocean is number 1 at Netflix Japan and number 6 at Netflix US -

https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/anime-news/2021/12/03-1/jojos-bizarre-adventure-becomes-the-most-watched-show-on-netflix-japan-as-stone-ocean-debuts

4 hours ago, Harsin said:

I'm glad that Stone Free is at least a somewhat grounded (by JoJo standards) Stand after the complete it does everything broken bullshit that was Giorno's Gold Experience.

I finished my watch of Golden Wind two days ago, and even by the end I still couldn’t work out how that Stand’s powers were meant to work exactly. :lol:

1 minute ago, Captain Novaforce said:

On Netflix watching stone ocean, wasn't there a series set in Japan between this and stardust crusaders?

Continues to be crazy imaginative though!

Actually 2 in between. Diamond is Unbreakable, set in Japan, and Golden Wind, set in Italy. 

Signed up to crunchyroll to watch Diamond is Unbreakable. I loved Okuyasu and Rohan, and…

Spoiler

Kira was a great baddie, but jfc they padded it out in the second half. Did Joseph even do anything? Ghost Dad’s Flying Polaroid was dumb as shit, as was Legolas the pointless alien. Invisibaby also a complete waste of time.

8/10

Stardust Crusaders still the best, on to Golden Wind.

On 18/12/2021 at 20:17, Michael J Glocks said:

Signed up to crunchyroll to watch Diamond is Unbreakable. I loved Okuyasu and Rohan, and…

Hide contents

Kira was a great baddie, but jfc they padded it out in the second half. Did Joseph even do anything? Ghost Dad’s Flying Polaroid was dumb as shit, as was Legolas the pointless alien. Invisibaby also a complete waste of time.

8/10

Stardust Crusaders still the best, on to Golden Wind.

I’ve just finished DiU tonight (Have watched 4 seasons in two weeks!). Really enjoyed it overall, although as you mentioned, there were a LOT of plot threads that went no-where. Definitely was expecting a big twist with

Spoiler

Joseph, thinking he was just going to be playing dumb the whole series, and that there was going to be some amazing reveal at the end that would both redeem the affair as something else entirely and show that that he was just acting senile.

But nope! 

I did like the fact that pretty much every enemy became an ally this time though (even if

Spoiler

none of them really made a difference in the end battle, which seemed like a missed opportunity - having them all help take down Kira at the end would have been so satisfying). 

I liked that overall it was a season about healing rather than defeating people. 

Are the last two seasons any good, or have I seen the best of it now (will watch them both either way). 

All Jo Jo is good.

Incidentally, about that baby episode of Diamond:

Spoiler

That's one of my favourite ever episodes of Jo Jo. It does show Joseph might be going a bit senile, but he's anything but useless. He does probably one of the most clever and heroic things I've ever seen a character do in the show. It's amazing also precisely because it's an act that might possibly never have occurred to a younger character, and when the chips are down, he knows exactly what he has to do to save the baby. It was such a beautiful moment of self-sacrifice it honestly made me tear up. Grandpa Jo Jo rules.

15 hours ago, Harsin said:

Best Joseph moment is…

Hide contents

…when Jotaro brings him back to life at the end of Stardust Crusaders. In the nanosecond of consciousness he has before opening his eyes he decides to troll his distraught grandson.

Which is nicely mirrored by 

Spoiler

Joseph’s son trolling him at the end of Diamond is Unbreakable by using the photo of his mother to steal his wallet! 

Ok I've tried. I just don't get the appeal. I watched the first series, and aside from a couple of amusingly bonkers moments, it was pretty dull. But everyone said stick with it, the second series is when it gets really good. 

So I've watched the first 7 or 8 episodes of series two and it's a big fat meh from me. Every episode is the same. Baddie characters turns up and it immediately obvious they're a stand user, but our heroes don't realise. Then it's shockingly revealed that *gasp* they're a stand user! Who could have seen that coming? 

The enemy stand user has a power that neutralises Jojo's power (or whoever's turn it is to fight this week) and defeat seems certain. But then it's revealed Jojo (or whoever) had a trick up their sleeve all along and the enemy is defeated! Now they're our friend! Or they're dead. Flip a coin.

And the last episode I watched had that awesome anime trope of a 9-year-old looking girl having a shower but was interrupted, so spend the rest of the episode naked. Fucking gross.

I'm done. Most overrated anime ever.

I watched the first episode or so and found it to be one of the weirdest and most OTT things I've ever seen. Couldn't really quite understand what was motivating the characters to behave in such extreme ways and I couldn't tell if it was sincere or slightly tongue in cheek in tone. I'll give it another go I think.

47 minutes ago, dug said:

Ok I've tried. I just don't get the appeal. I watched the first series, and aside from a couple of amusingly bonkers moments, it was pretty dull. But everyone said stick with it, the second series is when it gets really good. 

So I've watched the first 7 or 8 episodes of series two and it's a big fat meh from me. Every episode is the same. Baddie characters turns up and it immediately obvious they're a stand user, but our heroes don't realise. Then it's shockingly revealed that *gasp* they're a stand user! Who could have seen that coming? 

The enemy stand user has a power that neutralises Jojo's power (or whoever's turn it is to fight this week) and defeat seems certain. But then it's revealed Jojo (or whoever) had a trick up their sleeve all along and the enemy is defeated! Now they're our friend! Or they're dead. Flip a coin.

And the last episode I watched had that awesome anime trope of a 9-year-old looking girl having a shower but was interrupted, so spend the rest of the episode naked. Fucking gross.

I'm done. Most overrated anime ever.

I stopped watching it mid way through Stardust Crusaders. I don’t get the appeal, either. It’s very boring. 

For an anime that’s supposed to be about a bizarre adventure, it manages to tell it in the most boring way possible. The fights are so unbelievably long and dull, and the actually fun and weird bits are few and far between. 

I don’t really get the love for it at all. 

22 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I stopped watching it mid way through Stardust Crusaders. I don’t get the appeal, either. It’s very boring. 

For an anime that’s supposed to be about a bizarre adventure, it manages to tell it in the most boring way possible. The fights are so unbelievably long and dull, and the actually fun and weird bits are few and far between. 

I don’t really get the love for it at all. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one! It seems everyone else loves it. I mean, I get the appeal of camp nonsense, but it's the same camp nonsense every episode.

I won't bang on about it though. All you lovers carry on loving.