GTA Remastered Trilogy (GTA3/San Andreas/Vice City) - ah sh*t, here we go again

SMD

23 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

CJ was customisable, so shitty moustache if that's what you want!

That shitty tache must be the default though right? My CJ never had one of those hiding his good looks.

Trailer looks meh on the phone but when I watched it on a TV it looks pretty fucking good. Not sure I'll get it day one but whenever its on sale I'll probably jump in on PS5 or Xbox. 

Being able to play 3 via PS Now, and San Andreas via Gamepass, makes it harder to justify buying - but I'm tempted if the switch versions runs well. I only want it for Vice. But it needs the full soundtrack,

13 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Yeah, it's not gonna be good news. It's just the 'unforgettable music'. So not all of it.

They just hope you've forgotten the music they want you to forget. To be honest I can't even remember what music I'd forgotten at this point.

2 hours ago, Down by Law said:

FCT_TqiWYAoCJf6?format=jpg&name=large

"Sonny, that watch i got doesn't fuckin fit! "

Actually what's up with those fingernails ? 😅

I guess because of the fingers are moving the texture has become stretched, I doubt it be bad UVs for the model.

Shame it’s Sam Andreas on Gamepass, if it was either of the others that would probably do and I wouldn’t need to think about paying for it.

It looks better, they’ve fixed the controls, it’s a pretty good package, but I’m not paying full price. Shame you can’t buy each game separately.

7 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I never thought they'd touch it but it's still jarring to see the old animation of all the characters. And even though they've got fingers the hands are still shovels.

OMG OLD GRAPHICS. Yeah they’re basic remasters of 15-20yr old games, what do you want?

You could run the first two at 480p on a chipped Xbox (with missing tracks on your custom radio!), and that really made a difference. Ditto triggers for stunting. San Andreas only supported 576i and looked worse for it, so that'll benefit the most from this if you played them on NTSC Xbox.

Vice City was sometimes melancholic despite its frequent sunshine, romanticising a Miami we can't visit, whereas I think this update's too lurid for that. From my old Xbox:

Vice.jpg

Trilogy.jpg

Like a Playmobil copy of a LEGO set. The original skyboxes were its visual highlight.

If they'd updated it to PS4 levels I'd definitely have bought it, but I'll just carry on hoping that GTA6 isn't New York, LA, Vegas or San Fran. And because IV and V were contemporary, with Vice set in '86 and Andreas '92, if they returned to that chronology they'd land in the now-retro late '90s.