IGNORED

GTA Remastered Trilogy (GTA3/San Andreas/Vice City) - ah sh*t, here we go again

SMD

22 hours ago, Popo said:

Having them on Switch would be great, obviously (assuming they’re not compromised in some way technically, which you can’t imagine would be the case).

The developers of the maligned original mobile ports (Grove Street Games) are credited with doing these new ports by Rockstar. I'd expect some changes as the PC spec requirements are way higher than even GTA V.

This is what they could have done using the RAGE engine from GTA V, fairly similar:

Grove Street Games being behind the ports doesn't bode well after the mess they made of San Andreas.

Edit: It's odd that everything in the leaks seems to have been accurate other than the developer though (they said it was Rockstar Dundee). It could be a co-production, but Grove Street Games are taking the credit for it on their website.

Have they stated if these will have GTA V-style mission skip option if you fail a mission so many times? I could never finish the originals because I'd always get to a point where I'd hit a mission that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't pass, even with cheating.

2 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I preferred it tbh - made me learn the city better. 

Yep, I could probably still hammer round the streets of Los SAntos or Libery City in SA or 3 at pace, knowing where I need to go, having only played VC the once, that one will have me stumped.

20 hours ago, Vimster said:

Have they stated if these will have GTA V-style mission skip option if you fail a mission so many times? I could never finish the originals because I'd always get to a point where I'd hit a mission that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't pass, even with cheating.

All you had to do was follow the damn train.

11 minutes ago, SMD said:

All you had to do was follow the damn train.

Used a all-weapons cheat, got an AK then rode a bike onto the top of the train. Enemies dispatched in about 20 seconds.  The mission where you had to hang off the back of a bike shooting cars chasing you, where it forces you to use a pistol, now that I couldn't get past. 

3 minutes ago, Dave White said:

when you came home with this and we started playing it I couldnt believe what you could do. As our shenanigans got more and more terrible that MSX radio came on and we lost it.

It was so shocking, previously the closet I think a game came was Driver where all the pedestrians would jump out the way - but GTAIII, OMG!!

9 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Fortunately, I have the Vice City OST box set, unfortunately, if I remember right, it's missing the adverts :( They were the best bits....

I have that box set as well. It's got a decent amount of the DJ chat between tracks but I don't remember it having any adverts which is a shame.

12 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Fortunately, I have the Vice City OST box set, unfortunately, if I remember right, it's missing the adverts :( They were the best bits....

There are definitely some on there, I remember a Blox detergent one with the fizzing noise, and just the five of us. I think they were the last tracks on each CD (some had DJ outro though).

I had them on my iPod and would listen to random music in the car and of course the ads would play between my regular music.