UnMetal (PC, XB, PS, NSW, etc.) - 2D homage to Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake on MSX2

Sketch

There's a demo from a few months back, if anyone's interested:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1203710/UnMetal/

I'm not a huge fan of previous unepic games — the writing just falls a bit flat for me (particularly the humour), and they all seem to trade quite heavily on that aspect. Still, I'm happy to accept that's just an issue of my preferences rather than anything else, and past form doesn't guarantee future quality. This is certainly the nicest looking of their games, and I like the choice of genre; it's a relatively untouched one in the 'classic genre revival' bucket.

14 hours ago, Sketch said:

12 hours ago, Wiper said:

There's a demo from a few months back, if anyone's interested:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1203710/UnMetal/

Wiper, unblock me so you can see my posts. Surely our shared love of System Shock is worth more than petty grievances?

Anyway, the demo is great. Tight controls, very nice spritework, fun situational puzzles, and the humour works for me so far.

As said, this is one of those styles of game you'd have expected there to be more of. We have so many Mario and Zelda and Final Fantasy rip-offs, but this? Not so much. Certainly not as much as you'd expect.

:lol: I was clearly temporarily blinded by the trailer and/or deKay's wonderful screenshot of a toilet, not sure how else I missed the very first line of your post!

• 1 month later...