IGNORED

Call Of Duty Vanguard - WW2 2021 style

englishbob

16 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I didn't even know this was out tomorrow until just a minute or so ago. 

I've seen very little advertisment or hype for this at all! Is this the least hype COD release ever?

Most of the advertising comes in-game these days, Cold War and Warzone players will find the existence of Vanguard inescapable

I've not delved into how Zombies is (I haven't bought it, I mean on twitch and shit) but early word is it's not very good. To be honest Cold Wars zombies was fucking magnificent so it's gonna be hard to top. At this point the only thing that would interest me enough is if Dempsey, Von Richthofen and co were back.

24 minutes ago, Hoodedclaw said:

think most people buy the yearly CoD just to unlock and rank up guns for Warzone and Zombies ( gotta love Zombies !!! ) 

This. I didn’t buy Cold War and missed out on levelling loads of meta guns.

apparently zombies main features land on dec 2nd, very strange to not include a fully realised version at launch?

A very kind soul just gifted me a copy, after watching the mp vids I don't know if I can be arsed even breaking the seal, ill just stink up the thread, which might even make it to 4 pages.

crazy to see in a video game forum how few people are bothering.

The Zombies issue is just odd. Have they said it’s because it’s still being developed or is there some marketing spin they’re trying to put on it?

I was considering buying for Zombies and the SP (too old and slow to play MP now) Could do with a good shooter to get stuck into.

20 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

The Zombies issue is just odd. Have they said it’s because it’s still being developed or is there some marketing spin they’re trying to put on it?

I was considering buying for Zombies and the SP (too old and slow to play MP now) Could do with a good shooter to get stuck into.

Buy Cold War instead if you want to play Zombies.

For playing with randoms I've no idea, I play solo or with friends. The user base doesn't usually fall of terribly for the previous year until a fair way down the line so you should be able to get a match. I've not found all the Easter eggs in Die Machine, and I've barely played Firebase Z and.... I can't remember what the last Zombies level was called. I've almost finished Mauer Der Toten but it gets bonkers at higher rounds.

Tbh Outbreak has been taking up a lot of my time on it. It's absolutely immense.

Gave it a good old go today and have to say after black ops which I couldn't even get with on the beta. The MP is really good fun, the customisation is really superb and some of the weapons are fantastic to use. It feels far more MW than black ops and strikes a nice balance. Not had any cheap moments, shit spawns .... yet anyway.

Couple of way OP things such as the mortar that goes on far too long but hopefully they'll patch that out.

Really pleasantly surprised and glad I broke the seal and went in, and had a lot of fun today in MP.

I got this after watching some streams the day before launch, it looked quite good compared to the beta. It's really good fun! I didn't click with black ops at all, the movement seemed off and I couldn't actually see anybody, this is really fluid just like MW2019. I'd love to see some bigger maps for something like ground war, I guess we'll have to wait till the new warzone map arrives for that though. I'm really liking Bocage, Decoy and Demyansk, but overall the maps are really good and there are plenty of them, which is something that was lacking in black ops. The spawns are fucked on Das Haus and I'm not really keen on Sub Pens but overall the maps are good.

Zombies seems totally underwhelming but apparently there's more stuff coming for that.

So after really enjoying Cold War and. It liking MW Or the beta I thought I would give this pass.  

but after all the positive comments I have been seeing I thought I would get it as not a lot of new stuff out on PS5 this Xmas.  

Well single player looks amazing but by the numbers so far but enjoying it. 

Played an hour of MP and it is just a run around mess.  It looks nice, sounds rubbish, and just feels floaty and wrong.

Think I know now that black ops style is the version for me and just need to ignore these versions.  

Played all yesterday on MP and thoroughly enjoyed it bar a couple of modes that were ridiculous as they didn’t work on the very small maps in the rotation but overall a huge set of maps and some of them really big. Feels super smooth. Only thing that annoys me is the softness of the character models /texture resolution in the pregame menus looks woeful compared to Warzone. 

Played a few levels of the campaign but the Ai shouts of ‘push forward!’ In the first level seems to be traditional for a CoD campaign. 

Campaign was fine but very much the usual COD campaign. 

Had a couple of excellent sessions of MP yesterday, Patrol mode in particular was a highlight for me. 

Thought I would be trading this early as the old MP buzz hasn’t been there for me with the past few years, now think I will be holding on to this at least until Halo releases.

Great MP’s for Halo and COD, feels like it’s 2007!!