Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT World Challenge | Season 6

davejm

image.png.0fe270c95760344159097bf8a3e2a438.png

Hello sim-racers, and welcome to the rllmuk GT World Challenge Season 6 thread!  As with other seasons, this will be a mix of Endurance and Sprint race sessions taking place every Thursday.  This season is GT3 only.  Events will be hosted on simracing.gp.

Registration and Participation

Important:  To register for this season, confirm your entry in this thread stating your choice of car. 

Registrants will be manually added to the simracing.gp events.   Participation for every round isn't mandatory, but if you can't make a specific round I'd ask that you un-register from the simracing.gp event prior to the server going live.

Provisional Schedule

image.thumb.png.7326fc5e36ccb4674bcc41a0955a70c1.png

Session format

• Practice
    • 19:00 UK time (75 minutes)
  • Sprint
    • Qualifying @ 20:15 UK time (15 minutes)
    • 2x15 minute races
    • Grid for both races will be formed from the qualifying result
    • Short formation lap
  • Endurance
    • Qualifying @ 20:15 UK time (15 minutes)
    • 1x60 minute race
    • 1x mandatory pitstop (for fuel and/or tyres)
    • Long formation lap
  • Blue Riband Endurance
    • 1x90 minute race
    • Qualifying based on timings from the week
    • 2x mandatory pitstop (for fuel and/or tyres)
    • Long formation lap

Scoring

Points will be allocated for each race type as follows.  In a change for this season, all drivers will earn points for finishing the race.

image.png.e53763e76e9309282829c64d7b88c2f8.png

simracing.gp

Races are hosted by the simracing.gp platform.  See the below thread for more information.

I'm in. Since Valver's nicked me Honda I will try the McLaren this year, and hopefully not be too undercooked at the start on that Hungarian track that I can never quite feel like I've got the hang of.

I'm in, and perhaps with the new Fanatec McLaren GT3 V.2 rim if the wedding turns out cheaper than expected. 😅

Car choice TBC.

Edit: fuck it, the McLaren it will be for added immersion.

4 minutes ago, Meers said:

I'm in, and perhaps with the new Fanatec McLaren GT3 V.2 rim if the wedding turns out cheaper than expected. 😅

Car choice TBC.

Edit: fuck it, the McLaren it will be for added immersion.

Yes!  It wouldn't be the same if we weren't car buddies! :)

3 minutes ago, davejm said:

Yes!  It wouldn't be the same if we weren't car buddies! :)

Haha pure coincidence I'm sure...

...or is it?

Are you my twin sim-racing brother from another mother?

I will also miss the first race, and between 1 and 3 of the rest. I was thinking about changing to the McLaren as it is now our new endurance car, but since many already selected it I will decide later.

@Erik and @texlex45 it looks like simracing.gp now allows events to be created that are closed but accessible for registration via a password; so I won't pre-register you for the events.  I've added the join password to the Discord 'announcements' channel so just register for any events that you are able to make :)

image.png.a438e14b95482fc03d7ca38de1529b45.png

4 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

I'm in. Probably in the Merc, seeing as it didn't kill me around Suzuka this week.

Nice one I assumed you were so I'd just added you in even before I saw this :)

If it is OK with everyone, seeing as I haven't had a chance to get near my rig since the end of last season, can i stay in the Nissan? I would literally be starting in week 2 in a car I have probably never driven. And lets be honest, I won't be affecting the championship. 

1 minute ago, mrben09 said:

If it is OK with everyone, seeing as I haven't had a chance to get near my rig since the end of last season, can i stay in the Nissan? I would literally be starting in week 2 in a car I have probably never driven. And lets be honest, I won't be affecting the championship. 

Of course that's OK!  Changing car isn't mandatory, I'd rather you just enjoy the racing.

Cheers Dave, I was looking forward to changing, but space dictates it's controller/ mk games only currently.

Finally got round to playing Quake however ! It's fun. Surprised it wasn't a big deal first time around 😉