IGNORED

DokeV. New action rpg by Pearl Abyss.

Flub

That trailer started off pleasant enough, and the idea of wandering around a beautifully-realised Korean town sounds great. Then there were robots and everybody started dancing and I switched it off.

10 hours ago, spork said:

If it's not an MMO I'm willing to give it a chance, I just don't have the time for MMOs anymore. I do like the visual style and the animation looks on point. On the other hand, trailers can make anything look exciting so I'll wait for more info on the actual gameplay elements before I dare to get even a bit excited. 

I'm not sure why Eurogamer went with Pokémon as a comparison, as to me it looked more Monster Hunter. It's a gorgeous trailer, and the whole thing looks completely mad. 

And why care if it's MMO or not? Nobody cares about the MM part anyway. Treat it as a single-player game in which you sometimes see random nutters, you'll be alright. 

That next gen open world city looks incredible, but if you want a real laugh, compare this to the screenshots of the next title from a the most lucrative kid-focused franchise ever:

dokev-gameplay-trailer.jpg

E9IXgV_WUAMLJ7f?format=png&name=900x900

"Eh, we don't want to spend that much effort when you people will buy it anyways due to nostalgia"

I may have spontaneously contracted arthritis by watching and listening to that. It also feels very K-pop in that it is just turning everything up to 11 without "thinking if they should".

53 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

"Eh, we don't want to spend that much effort when you people will buy it anyways due to nostalgia"

One is running on a mobile chipset from 2015 while the other looked to be struggling to run on what was likely a RTX3090 powered space magic PC.

Just now, layten said:

One is running on a mobile chipset from 2015 while the other looked to be struggling to run on what was likely a RTX3090 powered space magic PC.

You can get a lot better running on a mobile chipset from 2015, seen Mario Odyssey, or Monster Hunter Rise?

1 minute ago, RubberJohnny said:

You can get a lot better running on a mobile chipset from 2015, seen Mario Odyssey, or Monster Hunter Rise?

No, are they any good?

Looks like BotW to me, which is fine as that is the best videogame ever made.

The quality of the animation/blending is really impressive. I also agree with @layten that this looks like it's running on some kind of monstrous PC not representative of most peoples machines. Hope it still looks that rich on release but I think it will get something of a downgrade between now and then. 

It manages to look simultaneously appealing and a bit dodgy in some respects. Just something about the hyper cute doll kids that makes me feel uncomfortable.

12 hours ago, layten said:

Looks like BotW to me, which is fine as that is the best videogame ever made.

11 hours ago, Flub said:

882331-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the

13 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

E9IXgV_WUAMLJ7f?format=png&name=900x900

C'mon now.

Also this game looks fucking incredible. If it plays a tenth as good as it looks I'm gonna have to think about speeding up my next gen console purchase.