DokeV. New action rpg by Pearl Abyss.

Flub

1 hour ago, Benny said:

That has to be one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard.

You can download the MP3 from the website for the game. You know you want to. 

My daughters are hyped for this already. If they’ve actually stripped out the MMO stuff and made a decent adventure game I’ll probably end up playing through this with them at some point.

Song is some Badanamu-type earworm. Kinda into it.

You missed this iconic notorious bit of Top of the Pops history in the 90s?

First unsigned band on the programme. I think.

They went on to have songs in the Jet Set Radio series and did the Powerpuff Girls theme song. Both franchises coming through majorly channeled in this mad Dokev thing. I’m right, basically.

5 minutes ago, Benny said:

I don't even know what BiS is.

The music in Jet Set Radio is funky and great. That trailer music is repetitive tosh.

Mostly. It also had well dodgy shouty Chingrish pop-punk-with-beatz shite that got skipped on the soundtrack-MP3’s-burnt-to-scratched-to-buggery-CD that one of the games tech students hooked me up with back in the day.

Have to say I always hated it when this tune came on the original Jet Set Radio:

Essentially I just resented any fucking shouty guitar shit getting in the way of the funky hip-hop stuff in my goddam graffiti game.

It wasn’t until years later that I realised the song was actually about the Mario bros, so I’ll give it that at least. 

1 hour ago, Calashnikov said:

You missed this iconic notorious bit of Top of the Pops history in the 90s?

First unsigned band on the programme. I think.

They went on to have songs in the Jet Set Radio series and did the Powerpuff Girls theme song. Both franchises coming through majorly channeled in this mad Dokev thing. I’m right, basically.

Wow, I haven't heard that song in about 25 years. I fucking loved it, to the point that my dad once walloped me round the head for singing relentlessly for an hour in my 13 year-old falsetto

I had no idea the same band were on the Jet Set Radio soundtrack and did the Powerpuff Girls theme, that's brilliant

To get it back on track, I think DokeV legit looks rad and I’d like to play it. I said it live in the Gamescom thread, but it’s like Monster Hunter x Splatoon x Wave Race. 

I also appreciate the Sega-blue skies.

6 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

I like how the thread for this vibrant new game that’s blatantly for kids is now just beardy blokes reminiscing about shite on Top of the Pops and Goldeneye. You’re welcome.

Let's be honest, it's primarily going to be beardy middle-aged blokes playing it

On 27/08/2021 at 11:49, wretcherd said:

Genuinely more impressive than any other next-gen footage I've seen.

If the next gen consoles can reach this kind of graphic - wow! Incredible!!

but the characters look like fully grown adults motion captured onto children mannequins. Super freaky. 

On 26/08/2021 at 08:45, revlob said:

That trailer started off pleasant enough, and the idea of wandering around a beautifully-realised Korean town sounds great. Then there were robots and everybody started dancing and I switched it off.

Yes, I kinda wish it'd stay as a childhood simulator, that part of it looks wonderfully original. I'd be surprised if that wasn't where the idea started.