IGNORED

Saints Row - Feb 22 2022 - Dialing back the madness

MDY

Getting rid of the really cheesy 90s / 00s gags like "freckle bitches" and rim jobs is generally not a bad idea. It's all a bit overly edgelord even if it might raise a chuckle on initial viewing, they're hardly hilarious. 

I'd be more disappointed if they removed the silliness like the insurance scam and other silly mini games.

As has been mentioned, if they don't have that cockney voice option and the ability to make your character look like a complete idiot in cutscenes, then I'll be even more disappointed. 

2 hours ago, b00dles said:

As been mentioned, if they don't have that cockney voice option and the ability to make your character look like a complete idiot in cutscenes, then I'll be even more disappointed. 

Yes, cockney voice is imperative even if it didn't quite work with my Eddie Hitler-looking character. 

16 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Yes, cockney voice is imperative even if it didn't quite work with my Eddie Hitler-looking character. 

My friend and I still say "ello" in the way he does occasionally when you carjack someone. It genuinely made the whole game loads better. 

I don't even know if I could explain what my character looked like, a right old mess, essentially. 

22 hours ago, Talvalin said:

Which game was that btw?

Cyberpunk 2077. Less buggy than anything Bethesda ever released, less buggy than either of the top AAA games I played either side of it.

But the internet decided it was broken, cherry picked some videos and now has decided it was a bad game and it was nothing to do with bugs.

I worry that's exactly what's going to happen here because, essentially, of "I don't like change and there's no Johnny Gat".  And yet the internet ignores every GTA is a "reboot".

10 hours ago, Dudley said:

Cyberpunk 2077. Less buggy than anything Bethesda ever released, less buggy than either of the top AAA games I played either side of it.

But the internet decided it was broken, cherry picked some videos and now has decided it was a bad game and it was nothing to do with bugs.

I worry that's exactly what's going to happen here because, essentially, of "I don't like change and there's no Johnny Gat".  And yet the internet ignores every GTA is a "reboot".

Aw man every time someone mentions that game I get a little jolt in the intestines remembering how awesome it was, and then a jolt of sadness as I realize I haven't had time to play a videogame in over three months.

• 1 month later...
On 07/09/2021 at 19:49, b00dles said:

Getting rid of the really cheesy 90s / 00s gags like "freckle bitches" and rim jobs is generally not a bad idea. It's all a bit overly edgelord even if it might raise a chuckle on initial viewing, they're hardly hilarious. 

I'd be more disappointed if they removed the silliness like the insurance scam and other silly mini games.

As has been mentioned, if they don't have that cockney voice option and the ability to make your character look like a complete idiot in cutscenes, then I'll be even more disappointed. 

I just noticed a "Turdis" police box in that last trailer so the level of humour still seems to be the edgelord variety, hopefully they haven't overdone it . And I'm not a Dr Who fan either so it's not specific butthurt over that one reference .