Saints Row - Feb 22 2022 - Dialing back the madness

MDY

Once again Amazon's Day One copy of a game has arrived after 8pm, meaning as it needs a 60GB patch/download I'm not getting to play it day one.. 

(Had a gift voucher covering most of the cost otherwise I'd have shopped elsewhere..) 

3 minutes ago, Hexx said:

I really can’t take my boss factory outfit across? Booo

Not right out the gate. At some point when you're in the open world open up the style menu and it'll carry the outfit across as well.

I'm having a good time with this after about 4 hours. It's not premium AAA gaming, but its stupid good fun. It feels like a 360 game made in 2022, but in a good way?

I'm having a blast, but it'll need a few more patches. Got stuck in menus a few times requiring a restart, and surprisingly often I'll go to a store and have the prompt disappear on me so I can't enter. A lot of fairly harmless bugs abound, and a few slightly more annoying ones.

3 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

I'm having a blast, but it'll need a few more patches. Got stuck in menus a few times requiring a restart, and surprisingly often I'll go to a store and have the prompt disappear on me so I can't enter. A lot of fairly harmless bugs abound, and a few slightly more annoying ones.

Huh. Guess I'm going to wait a week or so before dipping in, which might give me enough time to get through the remaining Sekiro achievements.

image.thumb.png.8b7fbf0676c665a34e034ae857b97a5a.png

It's not the same without my cockerny wankah.

I've played a few hours now. It actually looks quite pretty. Early on there's a mission in a sandstorm that looks excellent with great lighting. There's a big set of individual difficulty sliders to completely customise how hard or easy you want it. Combat so far for me has been fun and I'm starting to get some nice weapons available. The game really sells how these three youngsters and their elderly, fat, balding, cross dressing, murder machine are a family.

It's a bit old school yes but for me right now it's exactly what I need. 

Generally speaking most people on here are older, 40s/50s, and seem to just see this as a good time with flaws. Is it an age thing because everywhere else I go on the internet this is the game de jour to bash royally. Whether it's for easy Youtube hits for bug compilation videos or rants about why this "sucks big time", and other entitled nonsense from people who, by all accounts, can't handle the fall when the game they've hyped to shit doesn't quite match their lofty expectations. Fair enough, if you bought this and can't play it because it's in need of a patch or two you can have a bit of a complain. I guess we're more easy-going about these things as we get older. 

So far it feels exactly like a follow up to saints row 2. It’s probably a bit dated in its design but I for one am glad it’s not a story heavy cutscene infused GTA wannabe. 

1 hour ago, Vimster said:

Generally speaking most people on here are older, 40s/50s, and seem to just see this as a good time with flaws. Is it an age thing because everywhere else I go on the internet this is the game de jour to bash royally. Whether it's for easy Youtube hits for bug compilation videos or rants about why this "sucks big time", and other entitled nonsense from people who, by all accounts, can't handle the fall when the game they've hyped to shit doesn't quite match their lofty expectations. Fair enough, if you bought this and can't play it because it's in need of a patch or two you can have a bit of a complain. I guess we're more easy-going about these things as we get older. 

I think you're right. The almost universal need to provoke a reaction for 'like and subscribe's is getting tiresome.

I was keen to get involved but I noped out of the Xbox store when I saw the base game was 60 big ones. I guess game pass has ruined my perception of what I should be paying for a game. I’ll be in when it’s down to 20 quid in a sale. 

Yeah, I was planning to pick it up, but £60 was £10 outside of my absolute maximum. Not a Saints Row thing, just a "I wouldn't pay that for a game on its own" limitation.

It’s under £40 on eneba/gamivo if you’re happy to activate via a VPN. 

I’ve just unlocked insurance fraud - it’s as ridiculously ott as it ever was. 

This game gets dafter and dafter, I love it.

Just spent a lovely mission with Kev where we kept saying 'Hellz yeah' to each other. It sounds awful but it somehow works.

Have discovered some other great stuff hidden in the Empire table which I wont spoil.

Oh and the end to the LARP quests was suitably amazing.

I have hit another annoying bug where it resets my weapon inventory to empty all but a shotgun after every story mission. Luckily you usually end up at base so I can go in and reset it but it's still a pain.

Gerstmann is pretty down on this on his latest podcast, but in all honesty most of his complaints sounded like they'd be patchable, or sounded more a taste thing. He was particularly rankled by the shooting, but it looks fine in the footage I've seen. Saints has hardly been the most on point in terms of shooting anyway.

5 hours ago, Mortis said:

It’s under £40 on eneba/gamivo if you’re happy to activate via a VPN. 

I’ve just unlocked insurance fraud - it’s as ridiculously ott as it ever was. 

I went with eneba, it was around £28 on Xbox at one point.

Gamivo have it for around £26 (if you use the 10% of code gamecom2022 at check out for Xbox Argentina key)

just picked it up and have to admit so far after only an hour I’m enjoying it - esp as I was on the fence as the trailers didn’t really do anything for me