Saints Row - Feb 22 2022 - Dialing back the madness

MDY

I guess the bugs are in the pc version? Aside from some roadside furniture appearing inside a car I was driving, the game crashing once, the ps5 version I've been playing seems to be ok.

1 minute ago, ZOK said:

Is there a horde mode in this one like with SR3?

Not from the menu, but at a certain point you can call out a showdown with any of the factions at pretty much any time - though it stops after you kill the 'boss' of the wave.

@marsh Nope, I was playing on Series X. Maybe PS5's more stable? I had a lot of stuff go wrong... though I think the PS5 got a hotfix earlier than the other platforms, so maybe that's straightened out some of the more glaring issues.

I'm losing the will to continue at the moment. To continue the main story I have to place 2 more ventures and finish 1 more. The only ones I have available to place cost 400k each (I make 90k an "hour") and to be honest the ventures I have placed that need finishing are all awful. I've done the less tedious ones. I also don't want to play for another 2 to 3 hours doing busy work just to get to a mission I want to play.

Ouch. I can see that being a pain if you just want to mainline the story.

Eurekabator is fast, Big Ones (Mayhem) and Shady Oaks (Insurance) are also pretty speedy. Cutting Edge is super easy too, but you may not have access to that yet. Don't do the Toxic Dumping one, that both sucks and takes forever - though it's at least easy.

Jim Rob's is actually longer than I'd like, but the payoff is good with vehicle delivery being added to your phone. And, of course, kill the threats around each base you set up. They're little knuckledusters on your map, and doing each will bump your passive income for that region.

If you're on Series X I could hop on just to help do a few of them but my time's limited right now so it may or may not work out.

Oh crap. I forgot about Eurekabator. There's only like 4 stages and I've already done one of those. It's just saving up the 800k I need to place two more that would be holding me back.

3 hours ago, marsh said:

I guess the bugs are in the pc version? Aside from some roadside furniture appearing inside a car I was driving, the game crashing once, the ps5 version I've been playing seems to be ok.

I've had to reload quite a lot on the PS5 version. Just last night I went to ride up a ramp on a jet ski and it just stopped dead and refused to move. Had to do the whole previous checkpoint again.

It does seem to be patching every few days, though, so perhaps some of the earlier issues I've had are gone now.

Just started playing and finding the HDR to be broken on the PS5, it’s like watching a game with Vaseline smeared all over the screen. Turning it off seems much better so I might just leave it in non-HDR mode.

Well I’ve finished the main story and well they’ve perhaps dialled it too far back. It lacks something…excitement maybe and apart from one of the best missions ever its low on imagination.  Glad to have played it and I’ll mop up some of the remaining ventures but as the franchise goes it’s not done anything better than the previous instalments and is worse in a number of ways.

On 29/08/2022 at 20:54, BadgerFarmer said:

Just played for about half an hour. Had the character get stuck on scenery and freeze for a while when entering a vehicle. Then I had to reset when the clothing menu malfunctioned. It's still pretty fucked. 

I had to explain to my wife why my character was running around bottomless when I booted up.  It was an ill timed clothing bug.

Yeah, I finished it. It's just about fine overall. A few good missions, the occasional joke that lands, and driving can be a laugh, but mostly it's very just uninspired and roughly put together.

In a few years, most people will have forgotten this ever happened.

I do want to play it but as far as I can see, the cheapest digital edition of this game comes with additional tat and retails for 60 quid. I do want to play the game, but I'm not paying for DLC shit that I don't want. Just sell me the basic game FFS.

In the meantime, I will be playing Immortals: Fenix Rising on Game Pass.

That's also a pretty good game, that.

I'm still playing this on a casual hour or two every day or two working towards mopping up the 100%. I'm still enjoying it quite a bit, but you can see they pulled it out of the oven early.

For instance, I unlocked a weapon at the end of the game - nothing special, just a pistol. Equipping it has a weird stock image and the words TEMPICON in red letters over it on the weapon wheel. Essentially, it's unfinished. Still, I had a lot of fun regardless even if you'd hope for some more ambition from a reboot.

Saint's Row games are always ones I'll pick up in a sale when they drop to a fraction of launch price, have a thoroughly good time playing, wonder at some of the batshit storylines, then forget.

The missions are good and very polished, but the open world experience is abit soulless / lifeless. Even on the series x, it’s a real dogs ear technically; one minute it looks ok, the next it’s like a basic ps3/Xbox 360 game (even at 1440p).  A few bugs too; nothing game breaking yet. It really does needs serious patching though/technical upgrades.

I’ve got a few more businesses to buy but finding it easier to leave the game on in the background earning bank while I go and do something else because the methods of generating cash in game are either so boring or not worth the time for the £ earnt.