Channel 4 rebooting GamesMaster?

Clipper

Hey I heard that CHannel 4 might be rebooting Gamesmaster. the  super successful thread advertising it seems to have been mysteriously deleted (nothing to do with the curmudgeonly gentle mocking from this pensioners gaming forum I'm sure).

Hope he got plenty of guests apply from here.

fortunately he used his real name as a user ID so if anybody missed the chance to apply you can still get in touch via twitter or linkedin, unless he's gone back to a previous job now casting Motherland season 3. 

His recruitment strategy doesn't seem to be going down too well.

Nintendo Life say he posted the same thing on GameFAQs which was pretty much immediately deleted by mods; and his reaction to our reaction was to delete the thread (cowardly, and shouldn't be allowed!).

Would be very interesting to find out if anyone here who applied ever gets a response.

23 minutes ago, Gotters said:

fortunately he used his real name as a user ID so if anybody missed the chance to apply you can still get in touch via twitter or linkedin, unless he's gone back to a previous job now casting Motherland season 3. 

Series 4, surely

27 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

Wtf

Interestingly, an image located on Channel 4's website shows Patrick Stewart of Star Trek fame, hinting that he could be filling the shoes of the late Patrick Moore. However, no mention is made of Stewart in the pitch document.

image.png.c853636312a75202548158f4b6f0899c.png

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

Hey I heard that CHannel 4 might be rebooting Gamesmaster.

how are they going to find an old posh racist now?

EDIT: well now I just feel bad

Whoever made that image probably doesn't know the difference between the two Patricks.

As for the casting notice, they will most assuredly be looking for some 50+ year old comedy gaming stereotype to take the piss out of, don't fall for it.

What's the policy on threads where the creator deletes the OP? Isn't it to resurrect them with just the OP deleted or something? There was loads of other discussion in there and it's not really his to delete.

Did he not have his finger on the pulse of the second cuntiest games forum on the ?

(I have forgotten whether we are more or less cunty than neogaf, and wondering whether it’s even possible to rank yourself any longer amongst a raft of Covid denying trump supporting subreddits)

1 hour ago, b00dles said:

As the other thread has been deleted I have to make the pledge again;

If anyone on here happens to get on, they have to wear a terrible stars n stripes bandana at least once. 

Or one of those wonderful Rllmuk T-shirts from a few years ago ;) 

Hate to sound like a miserable old thing, but… The competitive games programmes, GamesMaster and Games World, weren’t very good, were they? I cringed my way through Challenge’s 2003 repeats of GamesMaster. I’ve caught snatches of later GM, GW and the other gaming shows, and they’ve objectively not good television. Amateurish, cheap looking (despite most likely being made with a bigger budget than many modern TV shows), often utterly tawdry. Some things should be left in the past, because, let’s be honest, we only watched them because there was no other way of watching footage of recent games.

1 hour ago, Capwn said:

The only gamesmaster presenter that would work today would be richard ayoade.

59 minutes ago, deerokus said:

I nominate Jeremy Paxman as Games Master

The way TV is going at the moment it will be Paddy McGuiness - Top Gear, Question of Sport and now this.

10 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

The way TV is going at the moment it will be Paddy McGuiness - Top Gear, Question of Sport and now this.

Romesh Ranganathan's agent says he'll do it for a fiver less than whatever McGuiness will accept and have less items on his dressing room rider, in fact he'll video link in from his garage and make his own outfit. 

50 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Hate to sound like a miserable old thing, but… The competitive games programmes, GamesMaster and Games World, weren’t very good, were they? I cringed my way through Challenge’s 2003 repeats of GamesMaster. I’ve caught snatches of later GM, GW and the other gaming shows, and they’ve objectively not good television. Amateurish, cheap looking (despite most likely being made with a bigger budget than many modern TV shows), often utterly tawdry. Some things should be left in the past, because, let’s be honest, we only watched them because there was no other way of watching footage of recent games.

They where shit, I only used to tune in to see games actually running, beforehand it was just pictures in a magazine.

Now we have Digital Foundry and YouTube

48 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Romesh Ranganathan's agent says he'll do it for a fiver less than whatever McGuiness will accept and have less items on his dressing room rider, in fact he'll video link in from his garage and make his own outfit. 

I believed Romest Ranganathan was actually a clone and there were 5 or 6 of them out there. That's the only way to explain his seeming ubiquity.

11 minutes ago, englishbob said:

They where shit, I only used to tune in to see games actually running, beforehand it was just pictures in a magazine.

Now we have Digital Foundry and YouTube

I agree. The challenges were the least interesting part of GM for me. Even seeing a bit of Sonic running whilst the Gamesmaster told some 9 year-old how to find a secret was better. 

Personally I feel anyone who feels the need to reboot GM needs to be forced to watch a load of old episodes of Gamezville. Used to quite enjoy it although that was at 2 in the morning, half-cut.