IGNORED

Channel 4 rebooting GamesMaster?

Clipper

27 minutes ago, Moz said:

Gamesmaster in general is way worse than I remember for this. I watched a load of it in the last few days while working. Look at the Zoe Ball bit for example - yikes.

I watched a compilation of the series intros the other day. The bits where Diamond literally winks to the camera and gives a thumbs-up when he sees women have not dated well at all. A reminder that my fonder memories of GamesMaster are rooted in the earlier series, before 90s lad culture took hold.

Speaking of Bits, I'd love to see Aleks Krotoski making an appearance in future.

I once made a post on the Bits forum pretending to be the showrunner and claiming it had been cancelled. The actual showrunner and multiple of the presenters turned up to fend off my impersonation. Then I claimed they were fake and I was real. I really don’t know why I did that but it was quite funny at the time. 

14 hours ago, Moz said:

Gamesmaster in general is way worse than I remember for this. I watched a load of it in the last few days while working. Look at the Zoe Ball bit for example - yikes.

Yeah, as noted especially after Dom's return it very much morphed into a bit of this.  To be fair, Dom was mid-20s and it was the mid to late 90s, it was inevitable really.

I once watched Emily Booth from Bits (and live TV and some cheap horror films) play the phantom menace on the ps1 demo pod in the old HMV Sauchiehall Street once. 

I was like 15 and fancied her so was too embarrassed to say anything. 

The 90s were another world entirely culturally.

1 hour ago, probotector said:

Personally I’d rather be back in the 90s again.

It was the best decade and the last decade where there was a perfect balance between being Politically Correct and entertaining on TV.

Some of you snowflakes wouldn’t be able to handle Bottom now.

Ignoring that the very premise of this post is that othering people is somehow a test of manliness it's generally wrong anyway.

Most people understand that Bottom was a very specific product of its time made by people who knew what they were doing and actually did not hold the views you seem to think it's endorsing.  You've basically been pub landlorded.

The fact you appear to think that anything not relying on stereotyping or "punching down" is "bland" says more about you than anything you post and I suspect Rik especially would have found it hilarious and called you a soft wanker.

1 hour ago, probotector said:

It was the best decade and the last decade where there was a perfect balance between being Politically Correct and entertaining on TV.

Every single word of that was wrong.

I sometimes wonder if you can ever "top" your previous troll posts and reach a new nadir and then you post another steaming shit pile. I say troll posts because it is either that or you are pig ignorant of pretty much anything.

Add in some tired Sub-John Cleese "oh you couldn't make X,Y, or X these days because of political correctness" and you are the perfect fucking cliche of anti-woke bollocks.

Jesus.

2 hours ago, probotector said:

Personally I’d rather be back in the 90s again.

Pfft. The 90s thought it was edgy, and then the world shit its collective pants when someone made a rimming reference.

The 90s talked about fucking, the 2020s fuck. In ways that would blow a Loaded editor's tiny, Stella-addled mind.

5 minutes ago, probotector said:

Also, I like how I get a warning for accusing someone of watching bland tv in response to them calling me a twat 🥺

Nah you've been warned because your first post was an obvious example of your tedious troll persona. I just happened to quote the second one as you'd just posted and were obviously doubling down on the rise. But feel free to continue if you want a month off.

Really enjoyed that first episode. The main positive is the humour and the gaming content is good.  Rab is a quality successor as the host and gets to do some of that Consolevania comedy, I wasn't sure if he would translate well to a more family friendly format but he definitely proved me wong. Trevor is a genius pick and gets some quality lines. Challenges were fun and fortunately the show doesn't waste time overexplaining the games and trusts in the audience that they know their stuff. Self awareness was judged just right. Interviews and audience participation were a bit cringe but that's part of the package. I liked the side content as well. Overall quite impressed and will happily mop up the rest of these.

37 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Really enjoyed that first episode. The main positive is the humour and the gaming content is good.  Rab is a quality successor as the host and gets to do some of that Consolevania comedy, I wasn't sure if he would translate well to a more family friendly format but he definitely proved me wong. Trevor is a genius pick and gets some quality lines. Challenges were fun and fortunately the show doesn't waste time overexplaining the games and trusts in the audience that they know their stuff. Self awareness was judged just right. Interviews and audience participation were a bit cringe but that's part of the package. I liked the side content as well. Overall quite impressed and will happily mop up the rest of these.

I think there are only 3 episodes? Maybe it will make a proper return if this has been deemed successful...