IGNORED

Channel 4 rebooting GamesMaster?

Clipper

I'm certain I recall seeing someone make a post a few years ago of a link that had good quality videos of previous Gamesmaster episodes available to download. I've tried doing searches on here but I can only see the archive.org ones and I don't remember it being those. I thought I had them downloaded but none of my archived drives seem to have them anywhere. Does the link still exist?

11 hours ago, K said:

There is no greater insult than registering on rllmuk to tell us about things we might legitimately be interested in. That guy just wanted one thing - to gauge our level of interest in a Gamesmaster reboot. What a fucking bastard, pardon my french.

Thing is, they didn't say it was a Gamesmaster reboot. It was all hush hush when they were advertising for contestants. It would have probably still been met with the same level of cynicism if they had named it (and to some degree it was when it was eventually announced what it was), but if they'd just been straight about it we might have been more excited about it.

Oh, who am I kidding?

10 hours ago, Spiceymike said:

I'm certain I recall seeing someone make a post a few years ago of a link that had good quality videos of previous Gamesmaster episodes available to download. I've tried doing searches on here but I can only see the archive.org ones and I don't remember it being those. I thought I had them downloaded but none of my archived drives seem to have them anywhere. Does the link still exist?

They were (mostly?) all on YouTube at some point. Retro Pixels was the channel I think?

My favourite episode was the “We’re Athletic, We Love Lycra” challenge on Athlete Kings. Series 6 I think. 

Actually I think he panicked more than flounced. The fact it was Gamesmaster was supposed to be on the down low, but he used his real name and got busted via linkedin. In retropsect, the level of secrecy was pretty stupid but I doubt that was his decision.

• 2 weeks later...