Alan Wake - Remastered (October 2021 Tramp Gamers Need Not Apply)

moosegrinder

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Excellent! I've been wanting to replay Alan Wake for awhile now byt decided to hold off because of these remaster rumours. Glad I waited!

imagine getting to play it for the first time though. On the current gen.

I’ll hold off for a comparison video from DF

I literally played it a couple of days for the first time and finished it. Wouldn't know why it would need a remaster. As of August 2021 it still looks great. A Remake would be nice though as I doubt today's gamers find the combat acceptable.

• Talvalin changed the title to Alan Wake - Remastered (October 2021 release date!)
4 hours ago, alex3d said:

I literally played it a couple of days for the first time and finished it. Wouldn't know why it would need a remaster. As of August 2021 it still looks great. A Remake would be nice though as I doubt today's gamers find the combat acceptable.

The 360 version looks pretty rough these days.

If they haven't done something to Alan's wife in the remaster then I'll not be picking up. 

Literally, the modelling on that poor woman was the stuff of nightmares that nothing the game thrust upon you could compare with.

I still get nightmares when I see her attempt a smile.

I really loved Alan Wake on the 360. The lip synch on the cut scenes was bad even back then, and the lack of new enemy types did start to grate after a while. But if they remedied them two problems, and packaged in the DLC for free, I'd certainly be interested in repurchasing.

13 minutes ago, JPL said:

Has this not been shown anywhere yet? Seems weird if it’s supposed to be out next month.

If there's ever a game suitable for dropping unexpectedly out of the shadows, it's Alan Wake - no?

Take those tramp gamers by surprise!

19 hours ago, StoooTube said:

I hope they use the Control engine for mad raytracing. I never completed AW, got as far as the 

Reveal hidden contents

Rock “concert” shootout

and around that time I jumped ship to PlayStation3 so never went back.

that’s nearer the end than most of the game, isn’t it?

Well, bugger me. Slightly confused as to why people would be excited for a remaster of some David Cage bullshit, I googled Alan Wake and discovered that Alan Wake is not in fact a Quantic Dream game! I'm not sure why it has been categorised as such in my head since it came out, but now it's freed from that association, It looks interesting.

Mind blown. Well, not exactly blown; popped slightly.

• moosegrinder changed the title to Alan Wake - Remastered (October 2021 Tramp Gamers Need Not Apply)