Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

I’m suitably hyped now after the Super GT & DF vids and the pre-load is just sitting there taunting me.

With this and Elden Ring I don’t think I’ll need any more games for a while.

3 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Dual Sense feedback is a game changer apparently.

I was really hoping this would be the case, it’s brilliant in WRC 9 and makes a real difference to the game imo.

I was going to skip this but that Eurogamer review says the early 90s flip-headlights Toyota Supra is in it so I need to buy the fucking thing and play enough to get it.

Anyone got a definitive tracklist for the soundtrack? There's usually some bangers.

Just also want to say I'm impressed that Polyphony have got this out on time with no delays (that I know off anyway!) Apparently its got no issues to note either from the reviews that are coming back so far.

It must have been a bit of a nightmare trying to develop something cross gen to a degree - making PS5 owners feel they are getting value add over the PS4 version whilst giving the PS4 a great game too. 

22 minutes ago, MattyP said:

It must have been a bit of a nightmare trying to develop something cross gen to a degree - making PS5 owners feel they are getting value add over the PS4 version whilst giving the PS4 a great game too. 

I think it’s quite simple

IF platform == ‘PS5’

THEN

4K= TRUE

HAPTICS = TRUE

3DSOUND = TRUE

RAYTRACING = TRUE

PRICE=PRICE+£10

ENDIF

Something like that anyway 🤣.

5 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

I think it’s quite simple

IF platform == ‘PS5’

THEN

4K= TRUE

HAPTICS = TRUE

3DSOUND = TRUE

RAYTRACING = TRUE

PRICE=PRICE+£10

ENDIF

Something like that anyway 🤣.

:D True...

33 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Just also want to say I'm impressed that Polyphony have got this out on time with no delays that I know off anyway! Apparently its got no issues to note either from the reviews that are coming back so far.

It’s funny how general discourse about the cross-gen games has been so tilted towards the new machines and obscured the existence of the previous gen versions - the PS4 has gotten a right boost in the historical pantheon of consoles these past 18 months when you think about it. 

(I realise I’m starting to look like a Sony plant but there’s been loads of reviews and stuff that got released today)

Great Hit Points from Nate on the game too and really sums up why I’m looking forward to this despite not really being a car guy:

https://hitpoints.substack.com/p/99-this-is-not-a-review-of-gran-turismo?r=9z8zd&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

I’ve never been into cars, or ‘real life’ driving for that matter. I’m 45, but I only got my license 4 years ago. And yet I love Gran Turismo. Always have. Can’t wait to play this!

10 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

He makes some great points here - in particular what has turned me off in regards to the Forza Horizon series. Don't get  me wrong the FH series is fun but why people keep comparing to things like GT is beyond me. They have cars in. They have races. That is it for me.

"The thing with Forza Horizon 5 is that, while it is of course a driving game, it never quite feels like a game about cars. It is a luxe-ish resort holiday, a festival with proper bogs and showers; it is a somewhat vanilla escapist fantasy that you just so happen to view through the windscreen of a $250,000 supercar. It feels to me far more interested in its location, its smorgasbord of activities, and its endlessly bantering characters than its vehicles, even if it has several thousand of them on offer and all of them have been rendered with fervent authenticity. That, I think, is a natural consequence of it trying to appeal to so broad a spectrum of people — to players of vastly divergent ages, tastes and abilities. You don’t like cars? That’s fine! Come through, stick some tunes on and smash a few billboards! Buy a house, some unbranded sunglasses and a distressed denim jacket, and take some photos. Gran Turismo 7, however, is first and foremost a game about cars. Actually, no: it is exclusively about cars. It fucking loves the things, and it really wants you to love them too."

And why Gran Turismo is still the driving game of choice. Its a celebration of cars from racing, collecting, taking photos etc. Its the laser focus and exquisite details for me. I mean what other car game has a museum for the marques in? :) 

9 hours ago, Mystacon said:

I’ve never been into cars, or ‘real life’ driving for that matter. I’m 45, but I only got my license 4 years ago. And yet I love Gran Turismo. Always have. Can’t wait to play this!

17 minutes ago, MattyP said:

And why Gran Turismo is still the driving game of choice. Its a celebration of cars from racing, collecting, taking photos etc. Its the laser focus and exquisite details for me. I mean what other car game has a museum for the marques in? :) 

Yeah, I'm not that into cars, and still love Gran Turismo. Its definitely the progression thing, for me. Especially through upgrades, where you take that Supra and make it almost too powerful to drive....

20 minutes ago, MattyP said:

"The thing with Forza Horizon 5 is that, while it is of course a driving game, it never quite feels like a game about cars. It is a luxe-ish resort holiday, a festival with proper bogs and showers; it is a somewhat vanilla escapist fantasy that you just so happen to view through the windscreen of a $250,000 supercar. It feels to me far more interested in its location, its smorgasbord of activities, and its endlessly bantering characters than its vehicles, even if it has several thousand of them on offer and all of them have been rendered with fervent authenticity.

I always hated the theming in Forza Horizon. It always felt to me like some balding 55 year old's idea of "youth culture" is, and so very forced. "Wow, did I just hear a car jumped out of a plane, Horizon just gets more wild by the second". 🤢

20 hours ago, MattyP said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-03-02-gran-turismo-7-review-sonys-flagship-series-returns-to-its-ps2-glory-days

Glowing review from Eurogamer. Dual Sense feedback is a game changer apparently... 

I end up turning that stuff off - I'm doubtful over the long term health implications trigger feedback has, and I'm pretty sure the F1 game broken my controller with it on

12 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Great Hit Points from Nate on the game too and really sums up why I’m looking forward to this despite not really being a car guy:

https://hitpoints.substack.com/p/99-this-is-not-a-review-of-gran-turismo?r=9z8zd&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

i read this yesterday and the points Nate made have gotten me onboard for this.

I don't really like the more serious end of the driving genre, haven't played a GT since maybe the the second one, don;t know anything about cars, just had no interest at all.  Previously, my favourite racing games were the Forza Horizon series and, of course, Mario Kart but I really did not like FH5 at all as I am just tired of the Ubisoft-esque map and the increasingly irritating (and very loud) presentation so maybe a car game with a progression will be just what I need. That, and the mention of it fitting in as a nice break between Elden Ring sessions sold me totally.

Great writing @Nate Dogg III

Just need to find me some cheap PSN credit now and get it ordered digitally as I think this is the sort of game that I can keep on the drive and dip in and out of for a good long time.

34 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

ShopTo is good for cheap PSN credit. Two £35 codes being the cheapest way to get the standard edition.

Just used them, thanks for the heads up.

Game is now downloading...

2 hours ago, IainGamer said:

Anyone who has pre ordered the digital version, there is an update file today.  You can download this now to save have to wait when it is live later.  

I expect they just roll them up into 1, but there was a 4.56GB update a day or 2 ago, and today a much smaller one (maybe 100mb or so).