Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

18 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Thanks for that, makes sense. For what it's worth, I'm currently number 1 in West Yorkshire. That becomes only slightly less impressive when you consider there are only 3 of us, and one of the others didn't bother to do the race.

In Dailies the way it matchmakes is from your qualifying time and your DR. So the better your DR and Quali time the tougher opposition you get.
This is against a backdrop of matchmaking by your SR. Basically it tries to put all the dirty drivers together. You lose SR by getting penalties, driving off track, contact etc. if you notice when you do a daily it tells you sector by sector if you were clean.

“S” ranked SR lobbies can still be dirty but are less likely. Sometimes when you have a bad race and drop into a lower SR lobby it’s a downward spiral and the only way to get back to better lobbies is to just drive clean and not worry about where you finish. 

In the championships it just sorts you by your DR for each timeslot. Qualifying is done in the lobby. The amount of points for positions in the race is calculated in some strange secret way, but is basically a factor of the DR of the room. Hence it fluctuates round to round, race to race.
You get the points from the last timeslot you do, so you could finish 8th at the 7pm race, get 100 points. Then go again at 8pm, get matched in an “easier” lobby, finish 3rd but only get 95 points. 
 The last one you do is the one that counts for each round.

I had a GT7 dream last night:

i was playing, and doing better than ever. And then I realised that “all the assists” were on, the car was practically driving itself, I just had to hold the right trigger…

what does that signify?

7 hours ago, SeanR said:

i was playing, and doing better than ever. And then I realised that “all the assists” were on, the car was practically driving itself, I just had to hold the right trigger…

what does that signify?

The future with electric cars 😒.

7 hours ago, SeanR said:

what does that signify?

B-Spec mode on its way in an update?!

Top racing last night chaps, although it does feel like we're having fun in spite of the game rather than because of it.  Not being able to do any practice laps before a race adds a new twist.  I'm frankly amazed we didn't have more T1 carnage...

We had a bit of fun afterwards tuning the newer (2015) MX-5s to match the IMSA MX-5 Cup series - these guys:

image.png.e3cfa845208b847fd43964eebe39834f.png

They're quite good fun with racing tyres and a less blancmangey suspension - recommended.

Yeah I also think having some races where tyre and fuel usage is off are good as well. it felt like the pack was closer. Might have been a coincidence, but it was nice just to concentrate on the racing for a change.

1 minute ago, mexos said:

Yeah I also think having some races where tyre and fuel usage is off are good as well. it felt like the pack was closer. Might have been a coincidence, but it was nice just to concentrate on the racing for a change.

Yep - absolutely.  The "spec" race in the Gr4 Supras was pretty amazing, and I liked the real (or weak, or whatever) slipstream as it meant you really had to fight to keep up and could stay close without there being lunges at every corner.

I was wise not to turn up last night, been in a fucking foul mood of late and it would have been lunges and punting aplenty -_-

I did take the opportunity to smear a dodge viper round the outside wall at Daytona at high speed though :)

Probably need to install wreckfest.....

Things I'd like:

Some more spec car races with no tyre wear or fuel. Track vote.

Some long - 30 min+ races where the track and the car class is picked in advance where it might rain - so everyone can have the full range of tyres already bought in advance.

18 minutes ago, mexos said:

I've had a week off and it was good to come back. 

When lopping peoples heads off in Chivalry 2, and then bludgeoning the corpse to a fine red mist isn't doing it for you, then I guess I've got issues. I think it's been building up over the past 2 or three years of dealing with a continuous conveyor belt of bullshit. Probably need to stop playing Chivalry 2 as well, that may also be contributing to my overwhelming need to commit acts of violence. 

Gah.

I did tune a corvette up last night and paint it a fairly lurid shade of blue. Which was nice.

1 minute ago, scoobysi said:

@SeanR nice, can’t go wrong with a Subaru 😉.

He has ALL the driver aids on, he'll never know.

My spins last night were an aston martin DB11 and an invitation to buy the vulcan, a snip at 3.3 million. I'm almost considering it....

Do any of the regulars in here do the daily Sport races? I would be interested to see peoples quali times to see how I compare / many miles off I am!

This has become my PlayStation game and love it, even online… sometimes, and if I could actually buy a wheel stand thing I would be putting even more hours into it with impending wheel!

Still not won a car or any decent amount of cash on the roulette…..

39 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Do any of the regulars in here do the daily Sport races? I would be interested to see peoples quali times to see how I compare / many miles off I am!

This has become my PlayStation game and love it, even online… sometimes, and if I could actually buy a wheel stand thing I would be putting even more hours into it with impending wheel!

It's a bit quieter on GT7 than it was on GT Sport but yeah, lots of people do the dailies.  Actually, some people just treat the qualifying TT as a standalone TT.

Add some of us on PSN, and (if you can bear the chat) join the MNRC Party... and then you can merrily go down the list and add whoever you like.  There's a Google Sheet linked from the OP with a list of PSN vs Forum names :)

Actually... I got fed up of never being able to remember that link, so here's an easier one: https://bit.ly/rllmuk-racer-names

Ooooo, I love feathering the throttle round the corners in a Ferrari.

A long while back now I won a Jaguar VGT Coupe on a spin, was I lucky or is it a common spin prize?

Haven't tried it yet as I have been concentrating on finishing the menu.

IMG_0535.thumb.jpeg.d0718d3f23c104efc1ac3e9cb1c0987e.jpeg

3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

The more regular obscure shit was my specialty, Short Suzuka circuit this week in a shopping trolley perhaps?

2 hours ago, Beezer said:

Do you boys use the controller mic for chat or some fancy headset? I’ll try the controller mic next week. Not shy, honest ☺️

I’ve got a PlayStation Gold wireless headset… but recently I’ve been plugging an iPhone headset into the 3.5mm socket on the PS5 controller because it doesn’t need charging…

The controller mic works, but I find the chat coming through the controller is too quiet (mainly because the controller’s usually on the floor next to my PlaySeat)

I couldn’t really be bothered to play it last night, but then thought I’d just do enough for the marathon ticket thing... went and won my second race! And the ticket got me a genesis car. Whatever that is.

It might not be the most exciting race ever, but I’m well happy with my D rank victory 😅

2 hours ago, marsh said:

The more regular obscure shit was my specialty, Short Suzuka circuit this week in a shopping trolley perhaps?

Well I wasn't wrong. 1.07.650 in a trueno. Looking at the top ten world times, it's nearly 2 seconds off the pace, but it does look like some of those cars have been 'fiddled' with to work inside the pp rules.....🤔

Now, I cannot be fucked to start tweaking any settings so...

15 hours ago, Beezer said:

Do you boys use the controller mic for chat or some fancy headset? I’ll try the controller mic next week. Not shy, honest ☺️

I've got one of these and I can't recommend it highly enough: 

Sennheiser/EPOS GSP 370

The Amazon description says Bluetooth but it's wrong, it actually has a USB dongle - which I prefer because it means I don't have to re-pair anything when I move the headset between PS4 and PC. Does mean it doesn't work with a phone though, which is a downside I suppose. 

21 hours ago, Fretnoise said:

It's a bit quieter on GT7 than it was on GT Sport but yeah, lots of people do the dailies.  Actually, some people just treat the qualifying TT as a standalone TT.

Add some of us on PSN, and (if you can bear the chat) join the MNRC Party... and then you can merrily go down the list and add whoever you like.  There's a Google Sheet linked from the OP with a list of PSN vs Forum names :)

Actually... I got fed up of never being able to remember that link, so here's an easier one: https://bit.ly/rllmuk-racer-names

Cheers, I will add the peeps on the list and have some times to compare, I do fancy giving some forum online a try - haven’t played an online racer with peeps from here since the early forza days and even then it was in an MX-5 and I can still see my maiden win slip away as I lost it on the penultimate corner 😭

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Cheers, I will add the peeps on the list and have some times to compare, I do fancy giving some forum online a try - haven’t played an online racer with peeps from here since the early forza days and even then it was in an MX-5 and I can still see my maiden win slip away as I lost it on the penultimate corner 😭

MX-5s are still a forum favourite - especially the Roadster Touring Car :) 

On 05/04/2022 at 15:36, Shimmyhill said:

I’ve started doing them again. I got a bit precious of my DR ranking in GT Sport and stopped doing them . I was trying to get to DR A+ but I think I’ve given up on that now. 

In a daily last night I actually raced Igor Fraga - a World Champion in GTSport and one of the talking heads who pops up in GT7. Insanely fast. 

Yeah Shimmy come join the Monday night fun! Really chilled out, definitely reminiscent of the old online racing groups we had here about a decade or so ago. Plus if you add us all as friends you get to see our laptimes on the Daily Race leaderboards too.

Some friendly MNRC competition is a really good way of getting better for the Daily Races, I find. I didn't do a single Daily on Sport but racing against the guys here now-and-again and trying to beat their laptimes meant that when I did do my first Sport Mode races on GT7 I was winning plenty and went from Driver Ranking E to C in the space of a few hours.