Jump to content
IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP


p1nseeker
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Had to be an Alfa... only one I could find in Gr4....


The 155 is also in Gr.4 but you can only buy it through the Legend cars when it appears when it’s available. I think it’s 800k possibly more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Corranga said:


The 155 is also in Gr.4 but you can only buy it through the Legend cars when it appears when it’s available. I think it’s 800k possibly more.

Saw it but next time I looked it was sold out. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So my Monday experience

Spoiler

I was winning Nurburgring 1hr race right up to the point where with about 30 odd seconds on the countdown timer my inters were absolutely shot after staying out for an extra lap on a dry track and I had 5% fuel left. At this stage I was 30 odd seconds clear of Mexos in 2nd so I parked it 10m from the finish line thinking I’d wait for 60mins to run out and then hop over the line and ending the race. There was no way I could do another lap as I’d gone past the pits.
 I hadn’t accounted for how quick Mexos was closing me down on his dry tyres. Him and Noble came roaring past with literally seconds to spare to put it onto another lap. 
Gutted!! So close!!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/05/2022 at 08:42, kiroquai said:

I am guessing it's as you please :) - think MNRC has always been about people turning up and having fun on their terms (this is where Joe comes in and says all driving assists will be banned soon and we all cry).

 

Hey @mexos, that issue you had yesterday trying to join the Gr3 lobby. I had it before, exclusively when trying to drop to track when using the Merc with a custom livery. Not sure if you managed to fix it by swapping to the Merc when you'd joined but I had to give up and use the 911 in the end.

 

Last night was the first night I've been slapped with a dodgy penalty, too. In the incident where Junker span at the banked hairpin and was recovering on the grass, Fret also ran a little wide and off into the gravel. I took the corner normally, went past Fret as he was still rejoining the circuit... and got slapped with a three second penalty for ignoring yellow flags!

 

Makes sense - as soon as I switched to the corvette it was fine. I did manage to race the Merc later in the evening though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Junker said:

So my Monday experience

  Hide contents

I was winning Nurburgring 1hr race right up to the point where with about 30 odd seconds on the countdown timer my inters were absolutely shot after staying out for an extra lap on a dry track and I had 5% fuel left. At this stage I was 30 odd seconds clear of Mexos in 2nd so I parked it 10m from the finish line thinking I’d wait for 60mins to run out and then hop over the line and ending the race. There was no way I could do another lap as I’d gone past the pits.
 I hadn’t accounted for how quick Mexos was closing me down on his dry tyres. Him and Noble came roaring past with literally seconds to spare to put it onto another lap. 
Gutted!! So close!!

 

 

 

Haha, yeah that was close. When I saw you went for inters I decided to counter and went to the wets. At this point I was miles behind. I'd had some excursions but managed to get in to a rhythm and the times came and I was catching pretty quickly. I got to 2 seconds behind you but then it started drying and off you went, gutted! I was convinced you had the right tyres to the end.

 

I had a stop coming up, one last look at the radar... f it. Mediums it is. About a minute to make up, 2 laps to do it - IF I can reach the line. At the half way point I was convinced the timer would run out but when I got to the straight I realised it was on. I did wonder if you'd try and park it so I took a big risk in the braking. I thought I'd overcooked it but made the last corner and got the line j u s t in the nick of time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Fretnoise said:

…who was on soft slicks but not making them work anywhere near as well :)

 

Can you share your replay in game, please? I’d quite like to have a look at my massive off down the back straight again, with less clenching this time…

 

I tried to share it, but I think it must be over the file size limit or something as it'd just get to 50% and then throw up an error. Boo!

 

I'll see if I can locate and snip out your dramatic back straight happenings some other way!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

 

I tried to share it, but I think it must be over the file size limit or something as it'd just get to 50% and then throw up an error. Boo!

 

I'll see if I can locate and snip out your dramatic back straight happenings some other way!

Thanks - it was dark, and raining, and I think I clipped the kerb on the right and was suddenly all kinds of directions, none of them useful.  I think I then span again getting into the pits... it was not my finest hour. :) 

 

(Probably one of those things that looks utterly benign on replay)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New patch is out, adding the Toyota Hypercar, a Suzuki Vision GT and an ugly modified camaro.

 

Also, 3 new menu books, for K-Cars, Vision GTs, and Group 1 cars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/05/2022 at 17:01, RFT said:

What is the essence of Gran Turismo?

 

Tuning the nuts off a nearly-40-year-old toyota and using it to beat modern GTs!

image.thumb.png.63605fe153820a4d8266448ee06c9ef6.png

 

 

What car is this in the foreground RFT?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, John0 said:

 

What car is this in the foreground RFT?

 

It's an 1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (AE86). Something of a Gran Turismo hero car going all the way back to the early days. In Japan in the 90's they were a very cheap way to get a rear-wheel-drive, 16 valve sporty hatchback. Never sold in the UK, though it's brother car, the Corolla Levin (basically identical but with regular headlights, not pop-ups) was.

 

These days they're proper classics. The "86" in the name of the GT86/GR86 is in tribute to it.

 

That one's been tuned with a widebody upgrade, full lightening, big tyres, and all the power I could get into it. only 280 hp which isn;t much for group 4, but it only weighs 800 kilos. and it's pretty low-drag so it's light on tyre wear and quite fuel-efficient for the class.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RFT said:

That one's been tuned with a widebody upgrade, full lightening, big tyres, and all the power I could get into it. only 280 hp which isn;t much for group 4, but it only weighs 800 kilos. and it's pretty low-drag so it's light on tyre wear and quite fuel-efficient for the class.

 

Sounds like a blast - what PP is it?  I'm a big fan of "faster-than-they-have-a-right-to-be" cars.  First car I tuned was a 60s Mini with a similar set of mods, it's lots of fun.

 

096b2b3a753bc3a1a777397373f497ed_photo.w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RFT said:

 

It's an 1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (AE86). Something of a Gran Turismo hero car going all the way back to the early days. In Japan in the 90's they were a very cheap way to get a rear-wheel-drive, 16 valve sporty hatchback. Never sold in the UK, though it's brother car, the Corolla Levin (basically identical but with regular headlights, not pop-ups) was.

 

These days they're proper classics. The "86" in the name of the GT86/GR86 is in tribute to it.

 

That one's been tuned with a widebody upgrade, full lightening, big tyres, and all the power I could get into it. only 280 hp which isn;t much for group 4, but it only weighs 800 kilos. and it's pretty low-drag so it's light on tyre wear and quite fuel-efficient for the class.

 

Initial D would have done ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/05/2022 at 17:18, kiroquai said:

 

John, I just added you to the PSN Chat Group for Monday Night Racing Club stuff :) - obviously feel free to contribute/mute as much as you wish! Would be awesome to see you out on track again. I still make silly mistakes when in good positions in races, and Mexos still runs out of fuel coming out of the final corner on the last lap. It's just like old times!

 

EDIT: As for your credits, in terms of the cars we use most often for our races I'd highly suggest:

 

  • Any Group 3 car. They're usually 450,000 a piece, unless you go slightly exotic and grab something like the Castrol Supra from the Legends Dealer. My suggestions are getting the AMG Mercedes or the Porsche 911RSR but there's about 40 of the things so you'll have plenty of choice!
  • The Mazda Roadster Touring Car for 90,000
  • The Radical SR3 for 123,500
  • A Group 4 car. You can get yourself a very good one of these by completing all of the Moby Dick missions to Bronze level (The Toyota 86). Gr4 cars cost 350,000 a piece otherwise, and once again you'll be spoilt for choice! Alongside the Toyota, I highly recommend the Nissan GT-R Gr4.

 

Most importantly, any questions then just yell!

So for can we tune our cars as much as we want? Or do we have to use a standard spec... is there a PP limit on the cars? Or is it anything goes? Itching to tune my little Alfa 4C...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The update has completely screwed the FFB on my wheel. It’s got no strength to it it. Why can’t they update the game without breaking things? I’m getting tired of this. I was just getting back into the game and now I can’t play because they’ve fucked it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mexos said:

The update has completely screwed the FFB on my wheel. It’s got no strength to it it. Why can’t they update the game without breaking things? I’m getting tired of this. I was just getting back into the game and now I can’t play because they’ve fucked it.

Oh dear this doesn't sound good. What wheel are you on? I am using a T300 and whilst feedback felt ok I have never had tyre rumble. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MattyP said:

So for can we tune our cars as much as we want? Or do we have to use a standard spec... is there a PP limit on the cars? Or is it anything goes? Itching to tune my little Alfa 4C...

Standard spec and (usually) the tyres that came with the car, except for the Gr3 and Gr4 where you'll probably want a full set of Racing tyres (hard, medium and soft) and Intermediates and Full Wets.  Be aware that even things like the custom wings and diffusers from the GT Auto shop affect your Performance Points (PP) rating, so leave them alone too :)

 

For Gr3 and Gr4 we usually turn Balance of Power (BoP) on, which basically removes any custom tuning / upgrades anyway, and adds or removes weight or power to try to give everyone a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Fretnoise said:

Standard spec and (usually) the tyres that came with the car, except for the Gr3 and Gr4 where you'll probably want a full set of Racing tyres (hard, medium and soft) and Intermediates and Full Wets.  Be aware that even things like the custom wings and diffusers from the GT Auto shop affect your Performance Points (PP) rating, so leave them alone too :)

 

For Gr3 and Gr4 we usually turn Balance of Power (BoP) on, which basically removes any custom tuning / upgrades anyway, and adds or removes weight or power to try to give everyone a chance.

OK. I might have to strip back the Ferrari a bit (or use a different car!)

 

EDIT: BoP should sort it out! Phew ... can't remember what the original spec was. :)

 

The other thing ... can we use track markers? Corner flags etc... I'm a bit rubbish sometimes with circuit layouts at times (certainly on less played ones).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Oh dear this doesn't sound good. What wheel are you on? I am using a T300 and whilst feedback felt ok I have never had tyre rumble. 

DD pro. They’ve changed the settings for it to stop wheel oscillation. Instead of fixing the issue they have essentially switched off all weight to the FFB making it useless until they patch it again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RFT said:

New patch is out, adding the Toyota Hypercar, a Suzuki Vision GT and an ugly modified camaro.

 

Also, 3 new menu books, for K-Cars, Vision GTs, and Group 1 cars.

 

"There’s also a new Scapes location, with 18 venues around the colorful city of New Orleans for photographing your vehicles"

 

Yep definitely needed another 18 of these

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, englishbob said:

 

"There’s also a new Scapes location, with 18 venues around the colorful city of New Orleans for photographing your vehicles"

 

Yep definitely needed another 18 of these

I like 'Scapes so the more the merrier 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mexos said:

DD pro. They’ve changed the settings for it to stop wheel oscillation. Instead of fixing the issue they have essentially switched off all weight to the FFB making it useless until they patch it again. 

 

Indeed, Ive found moving from 1 to 2 (name in can’t recall, not the top one I have on 10) on the second setting in game has made it better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fretnoise said:

 

Sounds like a blast - what PP is it?  I'm a big fan of "faster-than-they-have-a-right-to-be" cars.  First car I tuned was a 60s Mini with a similar set of mods, it's lots of fun.

 

 

650 on racing mediums, 666 on racing softs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mexos said:

DD pro. They’ve changed the settings for it to stop wheel oscillation. Instead of fixing the issue they have essentially switched off all weight to the FFB making it useless until they patch it again. 

 

Ive been looking on the Fanatec forums and someone recons these settings work for new patch - 

 

Quote

SEN: AUTO

FFB: 100

FFS: PEAK

NDP: 50

NFR: 25

NIN: OFF

INT: 3

FEI: 90

FOR: 120

SPR: OFF

DPR: OFF

 

GT7 in Game Settings:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 10

Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question… is it considered cheating if you load a NOS kit into your car to be used purely on the long Nurburgring straight because you know you can’t make up the necessary time around the rest of the track? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

Ive been looking on the Fanatec forums and someone recons these settings work for new patch - 

 

 

 

Yeah I tried it but it's mushy af and almost feels notchy. Been tweaking from there but I thought I was finished with the bloody tweaking. :quote:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mexos said:

 

Yeah I tried it but it's mushy af and almost feels notchy. Been tweaking from there but I thought I was finished with the bloody tweaking. :quote:

 

Ive got it so the FFB itself feels good and the speed of the wheel is spot on, its just too light - having said that ive been finishing off a few licence golds and have been setting really good times even as I learn the track etc….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.