IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

Yes suppose it will be interesting with endurance races. Most I've had the headset on is a couple of hours at a time but tend to have a break during normal gaming sessions at that point anyway.

Tend to not do endurance racing anyway TBH. Prefer shorter 5-10 lap races TBH.

I keep banging on about it in the MNRC party chat, but honestly daily race A this week is mega. Got a win on Monday night and made a vid of it with tips.

Since then I’ve slightly changed my mind and I think I prefer the Lancer Evo, but tbh the Bop and crap tyres really evens it out to the point that even the Quattro could win.
Tonight I did a few more and was matched up with loads of A+ drivers and held my own. In one race I even beat the YouTuber Kie25.

Nice race @Junker - thought that pesky Scooby was going to punt you a few times!

Apparently the new 1.16 patch has fixed FFB or at least put it back to what it used to be, hopefully fire it up for a quick go in a bit to see :) 

edit - FFB is defi back, if anything my default setting have too much resistance now!!

New patch now finally seems to allow getting mileage points against qualifying laps in Sport mode (not tried other time trial modes where it was also missing). 

I can't imagine working for Polyphony next to Yamauchi, a man so miserable that his game design includes such things as dynamically rising the prices of digital cars for their real world values, alongside next-to no increase in take home pay winnings to buy them.

I know there was some debate last night as to the games stability, and it is still as janky as fuck, however in the darkness, comming out of the porsche curves....amazing.

Bagged my first win in the dailies too after the 'gypsy king' stuffed his evo into the wall on the start finnish straight.

Load cell seems like a good fit too, vladnopad here we come!

Thanks to @Junker and @McSpeedfor the usual hosting duties in this online shambles.

On 09/06/2022 at 19:53, englishbob said:

I can't imagine working for Polyphony next to Yamauchi, a man so miserable that his game design includes such things as dynamically rising the prices of digital cars for their real world values, alongside next-to no increase in take home pay winnings to buy them.

We worked out last night that the alfa in haggerty's is 160 quid bar the shouting in real money. I'm guessing the buyers of such invest all their money in bitcoin, nft's and haribo starmix, or whatever the next big money fad is.

I quite enjoyed last night. Rubbish in the N class as always mind. I assume that in the LeMans race there were loads of accidents and I just got lucky avoiding them all? Once I was in free air it was quite relaxing, I could just drive within the car and not make mistakes - as I normally do in the pack.

43 minutes ago, mexos said:

I quite enjoyed last night. Rubbish in the N class as always mind. I assume that in the LeMans race there were loads of accidents and I just got lucky avoiding them all? Once I was in free air it was quite relaxing, I could just drive within the car and not make mistakes - as I normally do in the pack.

Same. Group N dreadful, Le Mans amazing. And shush you tuss, nobody flukes a 3.25.

Cheers all, good racing last night. Good to hear some people I haven't in years. and nice to meet everyone else. My highlight was being successfully guided into the pitlane having never pitted at Le Mans before, and then leaving my crew sitting there for 10 seconds whilst not realising I had to select my tyres :lol:. I'm a bit back and forth on how much I'm enjoying this game to be honest, but the Le Mans race was definitely cool as the sun went down.

What was the deal with the performance disparity in Group 1? Some cars had crazy straight line speed.. was it supposed to even out (I'm assuming we had BOP on)? I'm still struggling to understand all this stuff.

All the old group c cars go like stink in a straight line, but can't corner for dogshit. It was an entertaining battle with me and @McSpeed till his chainsaw roached it's tyres.

And apologies for the vauxhall rant, the bait was set and I took it hook line and sinker.

Anyone tried the new Cafe cards that have been added? Had a go at 40 tonight (K-Series small Japanese cars). Not making much progress. Have a little Honda tuned up to 399PP (limit is 400) but just keep getting left behind. Struggling to get past 12th in any of the races at the moment. What car did you use? :) Any suggestions appreciated...

Racing is fun though loving Tokyo Speedway such a good track and lovely at night....

6 hours ago, MattyP said:

Anyone tried the new Cafe cards that have been added? Had a go at 40 tonight (K-Series small Japanese cars). Not making much progress. Have a little Honda tuned up to 399PP (limit is 400) but just keep getting left behind. Struggling to get past 12th in any of the races at the moment. What car did you use? :) Any suggestions appreciated...

Racing is fun though loving Tokyo Speedway such a good track and lovely at night....

started the k-series last night. Had the same issue in the Honda Beat.

Instead pick the WORST car you have (I used a copen) because the low PP leaves more scope for upgrades.

and put a big spoiler on it. Doesn’t affect PP, but does give downforce in the corners.

I went from an average 15th, to first that way.

16 minutes ago, SeanR said:

started the k-series last night. Had the same issue in the Honda Beat.

Instead pick the WORST car you have (I used a copen) because the low PP leaves more scope for upgrades.

and put a big spoiler on it. Doesn’t affect PP, but does give downforce in the corners.

I went from an average 15th, to first that way.

Cool! Think I might start by bolting a spoiler on to the current car and giving that a go!

I agree though sound plan.... couldn't even fit a turbo to the current car as it would have pushed it past 400PP!

I used a Cappuccino. My first tune (my usual approach) was as light as possible with suspension and brake upgrades - it was simply too slow. Second attempt was just all the power, and nitrous for the race(s) that allow it as it doesn’t seem to bump the PP, and that worked.

Well it looks like my PSN+ sub has expired.. the end date was in American format (even though my account is UK!) So thought I had to the 6th July... in reality it was of course 7th June! :D On holiday next week so the new PSN tiers should be active when I get back then time to sub to some premium for a couple of months... So I will be able to join in online again! 

5 minutes ago, Fretnoise said:

and nitrous for the race(s) that allow it as it doesn’t seem to bump the PP, and that worked.

That would certainly work! :) A nitrous fuelled Cappuccino.. now there is a sight... 

On 14/06/2022 at 13:11, mexos said:

On 14/06/2022 at 13:55, marsh said:

Same. Group N dreadful, Le Mans amazing. And shush you tuss, nobody flukes a 3.25.

I did get collected at the first chicane on the Mulsanne Straight on the first lap, but probably more because I wasn't completely sure about my braking point.

I was fairly consistently doing 3:40s for the whole race, in the '16 Audi.  I was fuel saving a bit and expecting to get you all on strategy (or at least pull a bit closer!) but nope... the Audi's just slow and just as heavy on fuel and tyres as the others.

(What? It's obviously not just my pace! :D)

Having said that, I had a go at the Circuit Experience and found I was losing something like 5 seconds a lap from the Porsche Curves round to the finish... maybe it was me after all! :doh: 

Oh and... if you're struggling to decide which Gr1 to buy, the Le Mans Time Trial lets you borrow any Gr1 car and take it for an extended test drive.  Those Group C cars are crazy in comparison to the more modern ones.  220mph in a bath tub with no brakes? Yee-hah!

28 minutes ago, Fretnoise said:

Oh and... if you're struggling to decide which Gr1 to buy, the Le Mans Time Trial lets you borrow any Gr1 car and take it for an extended test drive.  Those Group C cars are crazy in comparison to the more modern ones.  220mph in a bath tub with no brakes? Yee-hah!

Yeah I noticed that the one with all the best times doesn't appear to currently be available in the game at all.. is that right?

16 minutes ago, Fretnoise said:

I didn't like it at first but the Toyota GR010 turned out to be pretty great at Le Mans, top speed of the Group C cars but much more stable, doesn't want to kill me when I tap the brakes unlike the XJR-9.

Used it for the Nations race at the weekend, I was quite surprised when I breezed past a 919 down Mulsanne, I thought they must have been doing some extreme fuel saving but I kept passing them with ease. Checking the replay after the race and the Toyota was consistently 20-30 mph faster, I was slower in the corners but that's likely more me than the car, that straight line speed was key to the win.

Got to say I bloody hate the PP nonsense. Last night having to buy upgrades and fiddle about to do the Kyoto mission when I just wanted to jump on the game and bloody drive. 

I want the simplicity back.

I love it and hate it.  I had a lot of fun playing about over the weekend to get a PP700 car ready for Monday night... until it turned out I'd failed by not choosing a Ferrari (what can I say?  I wanted the engine to last more than 4 laps...)

But then the UI comes to kick you in the face.  I should be able to just buy the parts I want from the tuning screen without having to back all the way out of whatever I'm doing to the main map screen.  Same goes for tyres in lobbies - if you're going to insist I unlock the tyres for every car at least let me do it without leaving the lobby...

The Daily Races are generally all BoP'd now, so no PP nonsense there if you can stand the randoms.

On 14/06/2022 at 15:00, marsh said:

And apologies for the vauxhall rant, the bait was set and I took it hook line and sinker.

Other than missing out on a track/car combination I think is possibly my strongest in all of Gran Turismo, the main reason I am gutted to have missed out on Monday is missing the Vauxhall rant.

24 minutes ago, John0 said:

Yeah I noticed that the one with all the best times doesn't appear to currently be available in the game at all.. is that right?

Is it still the Mazda 787B?  If so then, yes, you can only buy one when it pops up in the Legends Car Dealership.  The line up changes every couple of days.  There's usually some chatter in here and/or the PSN chat when something interesting and/or useful turns up.

you should be able to buy tires on the way into the pits, so annoying doing a long race that starts raining in the middle to go into the pits and find you can't change to wets anyway :lol:

40 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Other than missing out on a track/car combination I think is possibly my strongest in all of Gran Turismo, the main reason I am gutted to have missed out on Monday is missing the Vauxhall rant.

As everyone tried to reel off a list of supposedly 'great' vauxhalls it was all too easy to point out that most of them were built by someone else...

Vauxhall Viva league anyone?

Anyone?

No??

46 minutes ago, Fretnoise said:

But then the UI comes to kick you in the face.  I should be able to just buy the parts I want from the tuning screen without having to back all the way out of whatever I'm doing to the main map screen.  Same goes for tyres in lobbies - if you're going to insist I unlock the tyres for every car at least let me do it without leaving the lobby...

This kind of stuff I find really frustrating to be honest. The UI direction is absolutely baffling for a game that isn't 20 years old.