IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

The third sector was the tricky bit for me, im on a silver but close and had to stop - I can see where the time is and its always me going in too fast and too early, its a really nice track to drive so looking forward to finishing the experience and then racing on it! Its bound to be a daily race next week and I actually have some time to play!

I just need @Corranga et al to work out some wheel settings after the 1.16 patch for me 😉

Good reminder, been meaning to post this since the discussion the other week.

Basically, I'm back to where I was with 1.14(or 3? whatever)

Corranga's Fanatec GT DD Pro Settings
Setting N Notes
SEN Auto Max Rotation, very occasionally reduce - eg drifting
FF 70

(with boost kit) User preference. 

I lower for high downforce stuff, and up for road cars

FFS Peak Always peak
NDP 60 / 005!

I have 2 extremes on this, set on 2 configs.

I switch between them, there are benefits to both.

NFR OFF  
NIN OFF  
INT 01

OFF is perhaps better for response, but feels like

driving a robot.  I think of this as the FPS for the wheel

How quickly it response, how often it updates.  Higher

feels smoother, but introduces delay.

FEI 100 Always 100
FOR 100 Always 100
SPR 100 Always 100
DPR 100 Always 100
BLI OFF/100 Don't think GT7 supports this anyway
BRF 70 Load cell / set to your preference

The settings above feel a bit rubbery perhaps, but I like it. 

I play with NDP and INT for feel more than any other.

I adjust the force elements based on if the car feels too heavy or light.

In game settings are the regular 5 and 1 (can't recall what they are called!)

I play with NDP and 

3 hours ago, Corranga said:

Good reminder, been meaning to post this since the discussion the other week.

Basically, I'm back to where I was with 1.14(or 3? whatever)

Corranga's Fanatec GT DD Pro Settings
Setting N Notes
SEN Auto Max Rotation, very occasionally reduce - eg drifting
FF 70

(with boost kit) User preference. 

I lower for high downforce stuff, and up for road cars

FFS Peak Always peak
NDP 60 / 005!

I have 2 extremes on this, set on 2 configs.

I switch between them, there are benefits to both.

NFR OFF  
NIN OFF  
INT 01

OFF is perhaps better for response, but feels like

driving a robot.  I think of this as the FPS for the wheel

How quickly it response, how often it updates.  Higher

feels smoother, but introduces delay.

FEI 100 Always 100
FOR 100 Always 100
SPR 100 Always 100
DPR 100 Always 100
BLI OFF/100 Don't think GT7 supports this anyway
BRF 70 Load cell / set to your preference

The settings above feel a bit rubbery perhaps, but I like it. 

I play with NDP and INT for feel more than any other.

I adjust the force elements based on if the car feels too heavy or light.

In game settings are the regular 5 and 1 (can't recall what they are called!)

I play with NDP and 

Thanks, I will have a play and see how it compares to what I’m running!

Watkins Glenn circuit experience is pretty tricky, I can’t seem to get the car rotated into a corner so always scrubbing time and it seems the gold time is harder than most - doesn’t help when you miss out by 0.024 of a second tho… Finally did it on a really scruffy lap but with two decent corners that I usually dont do well on, slow in fast out seeming to be the way the car wants to be driven! 

The track is excellent, I think it will have some good racing with off line mistakes being costly and so much time to be gained with good exits - I wish I could get on top of my corner approaches tho but maybe I just dont get on with the experience car.

11 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Watkins Glenn circuit experience is pretty tricky, I can’t seem to get the car rotated into a corner so always scrubbing time and it seems the gold time is harder than most - doesn’t help when you miss out by 0.024 of a second tho… Finally did it on a really scruffy lap but with two decent corners that I usually dont do well on, slow in fast out seeming to be the way the car wants to be driven! 

The track is excellent, I think it will have some good racing with off line mistakes being costly and so much time to be gained with good exits - I wish I could get on top of my corner approaches tho but maybe I just dont get on with the experience car.

It likes a short shift and bb to the front 

On 19/06/2022 at 17:09, Junker said:

Fair enough. I’m imagine loads of people have had enough. If you want credits though, I’d suggest the circuit experiences. You get loads of credits for them. Can bag over a million with 15 minutes work on the simpler ones 

I've worked out now how Polyphony program these circuit experiences. Make all the stages gold-possible with some minor deviations in driving - except for one stage, which is fucking near impossible with no room for error. Bastards

10 hours ago, englishbob said:

I've worked out now how Polyphony program these circuit experiences. Make all the stages gold-possible with some minor deviations in driving - except for one stage, which is fucking near impossible with no room for error. Bastards

What one are you stuck on? Ive not found many that dont fall after a few goes and im not that good, its usually about learning it for me as ive been away for racing games for a generation - you see the YouTube types getting easy golds on first try and taking seconds off them with practice!

41 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Can anyone recommend a half decent gr4 and gr3 car for if I want to be competitive online? 

In Gr4 I’d say Subaru WRX is quickest on a lot of tracks and nice and safe to drive. Does wear front tyres though as 4wd. 
 Gr3 again the WRX is quick and agile so that and Beetle are good at handling tracks. Supra, GenesisX and M6 seem to be the power circuit cars as dominating Watkins Glen race C already.

To be honest most are ok, I like the Corvette, Merc and the Jag as they’ve got good midrange so can mess up, be in the wrong gear but not lose loads of momentum.can short shift and save fuel and the handling is mostly I understeer so quite predictable.

2 hours ago, BitterToad said:

Can anyone recommend a half decent gr4 and gr3 car for if I want to be competitive online? 

1 hour ago, Junker said:

In Gr4 I’d say Subaru WRX is quickest on a lot of tracks and nice and safe to drive. Does wear front tyres though as 4wd. 
 Gr3 again the WRX is quick and agile so that and Beetle are good at handling tracks. Supra, GenesisX and M6 seem to be the power circuit cars as dominating Watkins Glen race C already.

To be honest most are ok, I like the Corvette, Merc and the Jag as they’ve got good midrange so can mess up, be in the wrong gear but not lose loads of momentum.can short shift and save fuel and the handling is mostly I understeer so quite predictable.

Alfa is the GR4 darling this week, I started with the Supra and can get a decent time and its easy to drive - the Alfa is much quicker but trickier on the limit, took well over a sec off my best time tho….

It does seem track dependant but the Scooby is always decent - I tend to look at the top times on the daily race as a good guide per track what car is ‘best’

Lovely fun on this again tonight fellas, thanks! Was great to see @GwiDan back on track! Hope you’re all good @Fretnoise, sorry you missed out.

Gr4 race I basically just was too nice and ended up getting bundled down the field. Had some fun fights, though! Here’s me chasing @Varnsen with @Batman and @marsh chasing.

D1AC07C4-E96E-4BAB-AFF2-A0B337996D30.thumb.jpeg.01324241e375c94ee9fce409829d24c6.jpeg

Gr3 race I definitely had pace for pole, just couldn’t find a bit of free track 🙂. It wouldn’t have mattered anyway as off the line I got horrible lag, which seemed to trigger chaos behind. Sorry to those affected.

Anyway, tagged back up with Jon and started gearing myself up for a fight back through but had nowhere to go when @marsh’s car unghosted itself (everyone else chose left, I chose right unfortunately!), leaving me  in a wall and a somewhat distant 15th.

I then decided to do an incredibly long-burn strategy and spent most of the rest of the race gliding around in Mix 4 saving fuel. Made two stops, then the payback was I got to let loose a little in the final stint. Caught up with Baukster and snuck past @McSpeed after he had a moment at the chicane. Finished up in 5th chasing @mexos who’d also been caught up in the kerfuffle at the start which seemed overall a pretty representative position.

AEA64DCE-3820-4DC5-82E2-301091F5B5DF.thumb.jpeg.ab0aade2e1a1eecac7f382d89ab66e2c.jpeg

Me leading @Batman up the hill early on.

Another night missed, will be there soon - typically I spent hours on GT7 in the daytime but couldn’t get on last night :(

I had a go on one of the Human Comedy race - the first one and my word that was frustrating, mainly getting punted by a back marker while in the lead with not that long to go….. 🤬 The AI on this is terrible isnt it!? Just moving off line when being blue flagged would have made this race better let alone cars that turn in on you when you’re passing - its worse than the daily races for being punted. I ended up in 5th because I tried to chase the leader down again and naturally had a massive spin and just couldn’t get going again (cold or dirty tyres i assume) and had another spin. Id like to say it was good fun but im not sure it was, had the AI paid any attention to where I was during the race it would have been a lot of fun i suspect…

I was an absolute shambles last night, which I'll put down to fatigue. I probably do need to adjust the settings on my pad T300 from the base settings, the 1 lap pace is there, but putting more than three laps together without sending the car into some sort of mayhem was absent last night.

When does the Udder DLC for The Last of Us drop?

the time of day transitions on Watkins Glen was sublime but also challenging because at a certain point, I realised I was finding it hard to spot certain braking points. Add this to the list of excuses 

- lag

- wheel broke

- it got dark

- brexit

11 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

the time of day transitions on Watkins Glen was sublime but also challenging because at a certain point, I realised I was finding it hard to spot certain braking points. Add this to the list of excuses 

- lag

- wheel broke

- it got dark

- brexit

Hope you get your wheel sorted. Deffo try a firmware update. It's a pain but mine has been running pretty sweet since I did it.

I found the Porsche to be pretty challenging around the Glen. The main problems were the corners where you needed to just lift rather than brake, i.e. the chicane and the final two turns. Porsche has a horrible habit of throttle-off snap oversteer so I was having to use a touch of the brake just to settle it down into the apex.

It's a lovely track, though. Flows beautifully.

3 hours ago, kiroquai said:

I found the Porsche to be pretty challenging around the Glen. The main problems were the corners where you needed to just lift rather than brake, i.e. the chicane and the final two turns. Porsche has a horrible habit of throttle-off snap oversteer so I was having to use a touch of the brake just to settle it down into the apex.

It's a lovely track, though. Flows beautifully.

Yeah, I was losing quite a bit of time in the porsche as I was extra cautious as some downshifts unsettled the rear especially when the tyres had a bit of if wear I had done 2 stints on one set. 

I'll be watching the replays to see where I can get some time. 

Circuit experience too. 

18 hours ago, mexos said:

Caption competition:

579318135_Screenshot2022-06-29at13_59_03.png.7227b48afa333c151e11ec35d67090f8.png

This is no fun by myself. Perhaps some F1 journo could explain this online simracing thing the kids are raving about these days?

I just "finished" the single player for this. It's a really really bizarre experience in terms of the way things are setup through a cafe with menus but I really really loved it and laughed all the way through all of my mates saying goodbye to me and telling me what a legend I am. It was also really refreshing after years and years of loving Forza and not quite gelling with GT to play a racing game that knows when to hold your hand and when to basically tell you to get better. I'm still using the braking indicator but am getting a real sense of improving the more I play rather than just following a racing line that tells me when to start/stop/hold off the gas like I have been in Forza for years. I think losing the braking indicator altogether will be a step too far for me, I'm just not quite ready to learn every track in that detail, but it's been super fun feeling myself actually understanding racing a bit the more I play. I'm still basically rubbish at it online but it's fun and competitive and I guess that's what counts!

Anyway, good game! On my GOTY list for sure. I think a huge part of that is just how good it feels on the dualsense, it's one of the most next gen experiences I've played simply because that controller means it's not possible on any other console out there. It's sublime and properly makes the experience better. What's next for me then? I've seen a few extra menus, is it just a case of working through those single player wise? 

On 29/06/2022 at 14:00, mexos said:

Caption competition:

579318135_Screenshot2022-06-29at13_59_03.png.7227b48afa333c151e11ec35d67090f8.png

“Just as McLaren did in 1995, Williams have had to re-engineer a larger cockpit to allow Mansell to fit in the car”

28 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

What's next for me then? I've seen a few extra menus, is it just a case of working through those single player wise? 

Get gold on all the license tests (but don’t worry too much about Spa in the wet as it’s ridiculously hard)

Get gold on all the circuit experiences (but don’t worry about the ‘Ring for similar reasons)

Set qualy times on the daily races and join in our unofficial time trials.

Actually do some daily races (get your SR up so it’s not quite so much like the Wild West)

Come and join us on Monday Nights.

Not necessarily in that order, but there’s plenty of stuff to do once you’ve “finished” it. :) 

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

I just "finished" the single player for this. It's a really really bizarre experience in terms of the way things are setup through a cafe with menus but I really really loved it and laughed all the way through all of my mates saying goodbye to me and telling me what a legend I am. It was also really refreshing after years and years of loving Forza and not quite gelling with GT to play a racing game that knows when to hold your hand and when to basically tell you to get better. I'm still using the braking indicator but am getting a real sense of improving the more I play rather than just following a racing line that tells me when to start/stop/hold off the gas like I have been in Forza for years. I think losing the braking indicator altogether will be a step too far for me, I'm just not quite ready to learn every track in that detail, but it's been super fun feeling myself actually understanding racing a bit the more I play. I'm still basically rubbish at it online but it's fun and competitive and I guess that's what counts!

Anyway, good game! On my GOTY list for sure. I think a huge part of that is just how good it feels on the dualsense, it's one of the most next gen experiences I've played simply because that controller means it's not possible on any other console out there. It's sublime and properly makes the experience better. What's next for me then? I've seen a few extra menus, is it just a case of working through those single player wise? 

I would get the brake indicator off asap! I did the same thinking I would learn quicker with that but the more I played the quicker it became obvious it’s actually quite the hinderance… it’s a distraction and a bit random in how good it is for best times. I found as soon as I took it off I was quicker after a short period of practice and when you get to the harder stuff it holds you back more!

Dont be afraid to go off the track or brake way to early the first time you try a corner - you soon pick up the average place to start braking compared to the 150 / 100 / 50 boards and after a while you will become addicted to beating your fastest laps!

Well, to think I very nearly bailed during that first race. The usual cycle of semi decent pace in practice followed by error after error after error during the race, left me thinking 'not fucking again'

And then somehow I manage to find myself involved in what is very probably the race of a lifetime. Started 5th and finished 5th, but my god, what went on during those laps, mental. I'll try and piece together some kind of replay later. Quite proud of my Mansell/ferrari/senna/Hungary overtake.

Oh and there's a patch this week, so get your grind/hack credits in...

23 minutes ago, marsh said:

Well, to think I ver nearly baiked during that first race. The usual cycle of semi decent pace in practice followed by error after error after error during the race, left me thinking 'not fucking again'

And then somehow I manage to find myself involved in what is very probably the race of a lifetime. Started 5th and finished 5th, but my god, what went on during those laps, mental. I'll try and piece together some kind of replay later. Quite proud of my Mansell/ferrari/senna/Hungary overtake.

Oh and there's a patch this week, so get your grind/hack credits in...

Yep - Deep Forest was pretty special.  I was trailing along in 5th just barely maintaining the gap to the four of you, ready to snaffle any free places, and thought I was out of luck until your last-lap penalty and Joe's bad shift on the run to the line.  A very happy (and fortunate) podium-sitter :)

Not sure what happened at Daytona - I ended up facing the wrong way in the infield on lap 1, but very possibly caused it as I had no idea there was anyone alongside me.  I think I was still trying to turn TC on for the start, failed, and was then trying to drive and get the display back to the radar, so sorry if my lack of awareness took anyone else out.  The Subaru wasn't quick enough there anyway.