IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

Anyone played the GR1 cafe races?

Ive not played about with setups at all on the cars and haven’t needed to but for these I assume its needed as with either the 2021 or 2012 Toyota LMP1 i am a mile off the pace - doesn’t help the AI can stay out on hard tyres in full monsoon conditions and then take the pee and pit for new yards when i can barely keep a full wet tyre on the island!??

i am also terrible in the wet it seems in general so thats not helping - just realised I would have had the TC off but even so the car is on ice esp if you go off line!

24 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I couldn't get anywhere close with the LMP1 cars, I ended up using the Red Bull X2019 to beat them.

17 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Ive not played about with setups at all on the cars and haven’t needed to but for these I assume its needed as with either the 2021 or 2012 Toyota LMP1 i am a mile off the pace - doesn’t help the AI can stay out on hard tyres in full monsoon conditions and then take the pee and pit for new yards when i can barely keep a full wet tyre on the island!??

i am also terrible in the wet it seems in general so thats not helping - just realised I would have had the TC off but even so the car is on ice esp if you go off line!

I did them in the LMP1 Porsche. I didn’t find them too hard but it did take a couple of goes to see what the weather was going to do and act accordingly. You’ve got to be really relaxed, just one blip of power or too sharp an entry and you are done. I also add extra TC the worse the conditions get.

I’m on the TT again and I noticed I wasn’t far from the time of someone I recognised. And I was only a tenth off and got really excited.

I tried really, really hard and…

7B303054-84B3-4939-AEDF-0BD0D2907191.thumb.jpeg.3107936b04c063abfdd2ff6042951999.jpeg

I’ll probably have to frame that. 

7 hours ago, mexos said:

I’m on the TT again and I noticed I wasn’t far from the time of someone I recognised. And I was only a tenth off and got really excited.

I tried really, really hard and…

7B303054-84B3-4939-AEDF-0BD0D2907191.thumb.jpeg.3107936b04c063abfdd2ff6042951999.jpeg

I’ll probably have to frame that. 

Nah, that time you beat Antony Davidson is way better. All I could think about during his commentary yesterday for the WEC was 'mexos beat him'

I went faster! By 0.09 seconds!!! Did 3 other laps within similar of my best so I’m running out places where I can go faster. Totes worth an hour of my life.

20.5 is deffo on the cards mind. Was 0.25 up one lap before screwing it on the second final corner. 

A good barometer of is it a good lap is how long you can read Yokohama on the ghost rear wing if you turn in on. I need to be able to read it all the way up to the hairpin left to have a chance to improve. A minor slide in the first corner putting on power and it’s already game over.

10 hours ago, mexos said:

I went faster! By 0.09 seconds!!! Did 3 other laps within similar of my best so I’m running out places where I can go faster. Totes worth an hour of my life.

20.5 is deffo on the cards mind. Was 0.25 up one lap before screwing it on the second final corner. 

A good barometer of is it a good lap is how long you can read Yokohama on the ghost rear wing if you turn in on. I need to be able to read it all the way up to the hairpin left to have a chance to improve. A minor slide in the first corner putting on power and it’s already game over.

Nice :sealclap: It's certainly a bit of a workout.  Thanks for the tips in the chat last night.  I'm only about 3 seconds behind you now! :) 

Excellent "Back to basics" races last night - thanks @McSpeed.  Despite taking special notice of the start procedure and knowing it was a false start check, I still managed to treat the first start like a normal start and got an immediate penalty - yay!  Nice racing though with decent chases of everyone who streamed past me at the start.  Gr4s into the night at Red Bull Ring - "simply lovely", as someone might say.  You even managed to get some smog onto the track as if those bloody flares hadn't quite cleared - nicely done :) 

Gr3s at Spa.  The Porsche doesn't seem quick enough, but it did let me do a fairly easy 1 stop, so kept me in contention for a decent mid-table finish.  I got scared on the last lap and backed out thinking I might make an extra final lap that I didn't have the fuel for, so surrendered a position, but hey ho.

And then my pedals started playing up - see my longer post in the Rllmuk Racing Wheel thread - any ideas gratefully received.

4 minutes ago, mexos said:

You did 1 stop?! I did 3 and was originally going to be 4!!!

Yep - short shifting and a touch of lift and coast into the final chicane.  Even flat out the 911 was getting murdered on the straights though.

My last stint was the lowest fuel map all the way, obscene amounts of lift and coast and upshifting at the half way mark tops. 

For a fuel limited race maybe the 'vette wasn't the smartest choice. :doh: 

I was sure @Junker was going keep tearing through the last of my gap but I just about held on mainly due to his fuel situation more than anything else. At the start of that sprint I was sure I would do a splash n dash so I was full fuel mix till I realised that wasn't going to work. By then though I was in no man's land on fuel and ended up with the coasting fest. 

BTW did that share of the Fuji lap work? I can try sharing to YT if not.

27 minutes ago, mexos said:

BTW did that share of the Fuji lap work? 

Yup.  To use it in the TT mode you have to first find the replay and add it to your collection (I did this by going to your profile page and looking at your shared items), and then once you're in the TT mode you go to Settings > Ghost Settings and then the first option is "Load Ghost".  You need to have added it to your collection before you start as you can't just search here because Music Rally was more important...

(Edit: testing this on a pad, you're out of sight by half way around the long right hander after the flick left...)

1 hour ago, Fretnoise said:

Yup.  To use it in the TT mode you have to first find the replay and add it to your collection (I did this by going to your profile page and looking at your shared items), and then once you're in the TT mode you go to Settings > Ghost Settings and then the first option is "Load Ghost".  You need to have added it to your collection before you start as you can't just search here because Music Rally was more important...

(Edit: testing this on a pad, you're out of sight by half way around the long right hander after the flick left...)

Oh wow! So that works then! I’m sure GT Sport didn’t do that? 
 That is actually brilliant. Another weird thing the game doesn’t explain though 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Fretnoise said:

Just a bit of practice and the time will come in little chunks. I find it really rewarding to just chop away at it. I can see how it’s not for everyone but I like it. You have to do some analysis, where you are good. Where you are loosing time.

TBH I don’t see any reason other than free time why everyone in the group couldn’t get the gold. :) 

Had 20 mins chasing your ghost @mexos - very useful. Chipped off a bit so down to a 1:22.4xx. Bit too tired to be hammering it but I think I can see my way to a sub 1:22, after that I don’t know.

My time is good enough to get inside the silver bracket so if you want something a little less challenging than Mexos’ ghost find it in my gallery and save to collection, then once in the time trial “load ghost” and away you go. 

That F1 TT is brilliant, glad you were all talking about it as I probably wouldn’t have tried but had a good 30 min sesh this morning and got into the 1:22 or 5.19% off the time needed!!!

The last two corners cost me at least half a second and probably a full second at times so I can see some easy gains but the hard gains are when you just don’t trust the downforce - I can see the quick left early on is flat but always just lift!

Will have to add @mexos to see his wizardry!

2 hours ago, layten said:

Every single roulette spin has given me the worst possible payout so far. Good job they don't have a cash shop or I would think it was rigged. 🤔

FIA approved.

2 hours ago, layten said:

Every single roulette spin has given me the worst possible payout so far. Good job they don't have a cash shop or I would think it was rigged. 🤔

Even when you win you lose…

spacer.png

Who wants a brown golf!? (Already had one in Brexit white)

Look at it this way It's another car you don't have to waste credits on IF you had any ambition to collect them all.

I watched a video of all the 'leaked' cars supposedly coming and it's super depressing. The only one that really made me sit up was the 

Spoiler

McLaren MP4/4:omg:

I wonder why we’ve not had any more Music Rally? The fact the game makes you play it first, and when you boot up the game from then on the first choice you have is Music Rally or World map surely means they were planning for it to be a big part of the game?

I know it would have been infuriating to have given us more music rally when things like the in game economy and lobbies didn’t even work properly. However they still kept giving us new cars and tracks so why not other extra content as well? Or did they just do the 6 and run out of songs?

13 minutes ago, mexos said:

They have the data on usage. End of.

No more music rally.

This, I thought I had made a very bad purchase on the only time I had to play this….

Im building up to some more not F1 TT in a bit, like all good sportsmen I had a gaming sesh until 0300 this morning and many ciders were consumed - peak performance tuning to knock that second off I know is there 😎

So I did knock a second off my time so that was good but annoying when only 1 sector was my pb, there is at least another 4/10 to knock off it - not sure I can get on @mexos pace but having just watched his lap replay I can see some time on top of just doing all pb sectors! Quite interesting how different our braking and gear selection is and if I didnt have limited time to play today i could easily spend all day on it!!

Just out or curiosity do you have a load cell brake pedal?

spacer.png

I was on a mission to get into the 1:21 so sneaked it 😃

22 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

So I did knock a second off my time so that was good but annoying when only 1 sector was my pb, there is at least another 4/10 to knock off it - not sure I can get on @mexos pace but having just watched his lap replay I can see some time on top of just doing all pb sectors! Quite interesting how different our braking and gear selection is and if I didnt have limited time to play today i could easily spend all day on it!!

Just out or curiosity do you have a load cell brake pedal?

spacer.png

I was on a mission to get into the 1:21 so sneaked it 😃

Nice work! 

I've got the bog standard CSL load cell. It's pretty good. 

I'm in to the 20.6's now. Yesterday I did lots of laps in the 20.8's and four or 5 20.6's to my annoyance. Given I can fairly consistently get into that range I am pretty sure I can find more. My issue is the final 2 turns. I've been right on top of the top guys ghost into the 3rd turn. Need to drop down 1 gear and floor it. I never get the last 2 right. There is a second to find there...

47 minutes ago, marsh said:

All this with traction control switched on?

Nope, it's impossible with TC on. The car is totally driveable without it like the Escudo was.

I run TC in most of our races because I'm completely inconsistent and at some point I'm going to panic and floor it and put it in the wall.

Just... just sneaked in the the 20.5's

3 hours ago, mexos said:

Nope, it's impossible with TC on. The car is totally driveable without it like the Escudo was.

I run TC in most of our races because I'm completely inconsistent and at some point I'm going to panic and floor it and put it in the wall.

Just... just sneaked in the the 20.5's

My best time was with TC at 1 but I’ve been very close with TC off…. 

Now you are a fair lick quicker but the big difference I noted about gears is while I drop to first gear for a few corners it’s only for rotation and I pull away mainly in 3rd but sometimes 2nd into 3rd!

My fastest first sector is with TC off, a good 4/10 quicker as it feels like the car really bogs down with TC on!

Of course I defer to you as your time is much better but I assumed you had TC off tbh!

TC on / off is pretty conclusive for me that off is a lot faster.

As for gears, well it’s the dilemma. When pulling away - yeah you can shift up early for way more stability but obvs you lose on potential speed. I’ve come to the conclusion I just need to work on the throttle control and end up somewhere in the middle.

5 hours ago, mexos said:

TC on / off is pretty conclusive for me that off is a lot faster.

As for gears, well it’s the dilemma. When pulling away - yeah you can shift up early for way more stability but obvs you lose on potential speed. I’ve come to the conclusion I just need to work on the throttle control and end up somewhere in the middle.

I shall try and get some more laps in before the end and experiment!  As for TC, recently ive set it to default off in game and to start with it felt like you were always losing the car but in reality it was just poor throttle control - GT7 is my first ‘sim’ and wheel setup in a decade so Im having to relearn lots of stuff and as mentioned before tried to make it ‘easier’ with some of the assists like TC and braking guidance, both seemed to actually get in the way and make me slower so maybe there is life in the old dog yet!

I know this game has some issues and while I can happily ignore the MT stuff it does reek a bit… However I bloomin well love it, its reignited a passion for racing thats been dormant for a while and the sport online stuff can be frustrating as hell  ive had some amazing racing, I wish I had put more into GT Sport really - wrong time and place in life but glad I took a FOMO punt on this!!