IGNORED

Gran Turismo 7: Monday Night Racing club details in OP

p1nseeker

The Time Trial challenge is pretty good. The latest is the Super Formula round Fuji. 

3 days to go and Mexos is topping my very extensive GT7 playing friends list.

2421E23D-0819-4A21-B397-FFC8A2863E3D.jpeg

AE113757-BED4-436A-BA10-C1818CFF87BE.jpeg

Yeah I’m a gnat’s knacker off a gold time, but it’s too damn hot to be wrestling with my wheel. Quite a few of us in the silver bracket, here’s a reminder of target times as of about 1pm today.

D88B76ED-9BBA-4415-90FA-48A559A94A8D.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Junker said:

Yeah I’m a gnat’s knacker off a gold time, but it’s too damn hot to be wrestling with my wheel. Quite a few of us in the silver bracket, here’s a reminder of target times as of about 1pm today.

D88B76ED-9BBA-4415-90FA-48A559A94A8D.jpeg

In the bag sir. Plenty of time to get it done.

I find each time I have a crack out the box I’m 1-1.2 secs off the pace. 20 mins to get into the groove, within 4 tenths of my best and another 20 of peak concentration where you can really nail it and be within a tenth of your best. Then I get tired and need a nap. 8-) 

It’s mega when you can just roll off a lap from cold that a few days ago you were killing yourself to get close to. That’s why the TT is so good. 

48 minutes ago, mexos said:

In the bag sir. Plenty of time to get it done.

I find each time I have a crack out the box I’m 1-1.2 secs off the pace. 20 mins to get into the groove, within 4 tenths of my best and another 20 of peak concentration where you can really nail it and be within a tenth of your best. Then I get tired and need a nap. 8-) 

It’s mega when you can just roll off a lap from cold that a few days ago you were killing yourself to get close to. That’s why the TT is so good. 

I’ve gone all in with TC on 0 and got within 2/10th of my best but with a terrible last sector - if i can put a lap together I can get gold….

It took me ages this afternoon to get in the grove but i did have a couple of pints before - thats my excuse anyways!

Never did get that gold time but a cool 1m credits is a nice bonus for what was a fun TT. I had a quick go on the new one and I know ive been in the F1 car but the current TT feels like driving a car on crossply’s in comparison 😂

I see Sony did implement punishment for the roulette glitch…. Daily driving completed and…

Bastards!

2 hours ago, marsh said:

What's the next one? I'll make a bit more of an effort now I've a touch more free time on my hands...

Your new motor on crossply’s around Trial Mountain - its good fun but the car is a handful!

I think because it's a longer track and a slower car the margin to get into a gold time is larger. But I think it's going to be way harder to get a top 500 time. Juuust managed a gold time in about an hour of trying. But it's still 6 seconds off the best so LOTS of work to do.

Practicing this will deffo help me better understand N class cars. I'm still terrible at the them but I have managed to improve quite a bit. I also like do this because it helps me really understand the tracks. I never understood how to drive Fuji but now I should be ok next time we race it. There are so many tracks in GT that I just don't fully get. Trial Mountain is one of them so this will be useful for sure. I know that I brake and turn in at the wrong points on so many tracks.  

The Manufacturers and Nation Cup World Series have started. Don’t forget you can predict the winners in game and earn in game credits. 
today it’s the Nations cup rd1 

They had exclusive liveries yesterday for the Manufacturers race. Why don’t they make them available in game, they’re pretty cool.

Also, they’ll be missing a trick if they don’t make 2 of next week’s Daily races copy them? Or even add a new cafe menu where you get to re-enact these and future races. Surely that would be the natural evolution of having the e-sports stars like Fraga and Miyazono in the game in the first place?

I’m watching the nations cup atm - notable that Gallo is actually competing. What happened there then? I thought he had a public strop?

edit - well given the way it ended, he may still be having a strop.

5 hours ago, Junker said:

2:14.8 on the latest time trial challenge, good enough for gold. Shared in game if anyone wants a ghost to chase.  

Going to have a decent go at this one tomms, think i set a 2:16 something on a quick go but that was scrappy - I got the feeling its a chuck the car in and hold on vibe, the first corner with a dab and flat thereafter?!

Thanks for hosting tonight @Junker this seems way jankier than it did a fortnight ago. Is the update looking to solve those issues or is it just more content, because tonight it was fucking impossible to work out where a car was.

7 hours ago, marsh said:

Thanks for hosting tonight @Junker this seems way janker than it did a fortnight ago. Is the update looking to solve those issues or is it just more content, because tonight it was fucking impossible to work out where a car was.

Yeah, I’m worried it might be down to me hosting though. Gutted

1 hour ago, Junker said:

Yeah, I’m worried it might be down to me hosting though. Gutted

It stabilised the longer it went on until the last race where cars were flying all over the track at the end. I'm just a bit salty after getting turned round in both races from other people's accidents.

See how wreckfest pans out on Wednesday!

On 24/07/2022 at 18:54, Junker said:

2:14.8 on the latest time trial challenge, good enough for gold. Shared in game if anyone wants a ghost to chase.  

image.thumb.png.88dc9377904802c54a750d9ae2c231da.png

Strange races last night.  I seemed to be in a class of my own, which is not as positive as it sounds, since that class was about a second a lap off the leading pace, and a second a lap faster than the group behind, so I was basically running on my own for much of the night once the first lap shenanigans had settled down.  I did have a decent scrap with Baukster in the Gr3s though, right up until the pitstop where it transpired he'd gambled on underfueling / not refueling at all and then had to save loads of fuel in the last few laps so he was a bit of a sitting duck.

Running in my own class did mean I wasn't affected by the lag too much, but it was certainly pretty bad.  You can hear people closing in behind by the sounds their tyres make as they twerk along the straights...  Also - I actually find it quite unsettling to follow someone who's doing that jerky / twerky thing.  Makes me feel a bit motion sick, I suppose because the track is behaving properly and the cars are all over he place.  Not nice.

My fibre broadband should be turning up at some point in the next month or so - I'll give hosting a try when it's in.

Aggregated tips for the new Time Trial (mine, @Junker's and @Shimmyhill's from last night and upthread):

• Dab the brakes and throw it into the first sequence of turns.  Take lots of curb.
  • Use the brakes to unsettle the rear of the car into turn 4 (left hander through the tunnel) to get a nice tight line.
  • Don't use 2nd gear - 3rd is better out of the slow corners, 4th even if you can manage it.
  • Don't use 6th gear on the back straight. 
  • Really focus on getting the right line through the last chicane - sacrifice the first part so that you can straighten up and get on the power early to the finish.
2 hours ago, marsh said:

It's good enough at the moment till some nutter drops the bar to 2.10...

Yeah, that'd be annoying.  I think a 2:10.8 would push me back into silver...

3 hours ago, marsh said:

It stabilised the longer it went on until the last race where cars were flying all over the track at the end. I'm just a bit salty after getting turned round in both races from other people's accidents.

See how wreckfest pans out on Wednesday!

yeah, it was hard to tell if there was contact due to the usual or just major lag. Autopolis was a nightmare for me.

Got spun to last in T1 but no idea if that's cos my car was jumping around for the people behind me. It was so bad that later on in the race, I was approaching a group of cars and was like 'is this even worth trying to pass anyone' in case I lagged into someone or vice versa. 

The lobby options still feels like premium content but the multiplayer lobby connections are still terrible. We'd only occasionally have lag problems in GT Sport so I don't know what's gone wrong here. 

1 minute ago, Varnsen said:

yeah, it was hard to tell if there was contact due to the usual or just major lag. Autopolis was a nightmare for me.

Got spun to last in T1 but no idea if that's cos my car was jumping around for the people behind me. It was so bad that later on in the race, I was approaching a group of cars and was like 'is this even worth trying to pass anyone' in case I lagged into someone or vice versa. 

The lobby options still feels like premium content but the multiplayer lobby connections are still terrible. We'd only occasionally have lag problems in GT Sport so I don't know what's gone wrong here. 

Agree, I'd like to think I'll apologise for making a mistake, but you cannot for one second fathom where the car in front is as it twerks it's way round a corner. I'll see what the updates bring but if it doesn't improve I'll stick to time trialing till it's sorted. It's not racing, it's total guesswork. Much like when a car is ghosting or not as sems to be the case nowadays.

That being said, when I was chasing down Noble for a few laps at Watkins Glen, I was loving it. Handling felt great, totally absorbing and as usual, the strategy part did me in!

Wish PD would just say 'Lobby connections are farked, we're working on it'. Silly PD.

On 24/07/2022 at 18:54, Junker said:

I can’t see your ghost?

Edit: ignore that, found it on your profile rather than in the shared gallery!

Your brake work is way better than mine, I’m struggling ling to keep it stable under heavy braking and then trail in - i assume that loadcell related and obv not me just being shit ;)

55 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

That being said, when I was chasing down Noble for a few laps at Watkins Glen, I was loving it. Handling felt great, totally absorbing and as usual, the strategy part did me in!

Wish PD would just say 'Lobby connections are farked, we're working on it'. Silly PD.

Oh absolutely, there's been times when the experience has been off the charts. The races from a few weeks ago, any day night changes, weather etc, incredible. And then it takes it all away with janky old shit. I know as in all walks of life it's a case of rough with the smooth, but they had the perfect template with GT Sport and it appears they just decided to completely ignore it.

5 hours ago, marsh said:

Really was dreadful wasn't it? 

Check this out (skip to 1:08:45 if it doesn't go there automatically) : 

Now I'm not a great driver at the best of times, that's not the point. Watch the last lap of the VGT race though. 

I should also like to apologise to @mexos for taking him out in the GT3 race. I outbraked myself and went too deep into a corner. @Corranga saw me coming and got out of the way, I got the car stopped in the runoff, then rejoined without being aware of where mexos was and put him in the wall. Sorry man 😭

Edit: 0:25:20 ish in the above video

So this weeks TT is an odd one, im really struggling on a couple of corners and losing loads of time - I have a mid 2:15 but my best 3 sectors in that sesh are in the 2:14 so I can get gold but Im not really enjoying it unlike the last one so makes it harder to want to grind it out