Gran Turismo 7: PSVR2 upgrade confirmed.

p1nseeker

27 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

@Shimmyhill Pad (for now). Might be time to make the jump to a wheel if I can work out where I can store a wheel stand pro.

@Junker Cheers. I’m totally fine with F1 based rambles. Will try and join you for some racing at some point soon 👍

Welcome to the wheel club ;) Just remember that you are starting with the wheel stand pro but you will need a full rig, plan for that and save some time and money 🤣

On a serious note this plays very well on the pad, im not a massive fan of the pad but it is actually a game changer on this and while I prefer the Xbox pad for most other games I struggled to play Forza on the pad after this :o 

16 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

FFS, also doesn’t help they have gone with wooden cart wheels as the tyre option…. I know it shouldn’t all be about race cars and mixing it up is good but why do they put a tyre choice that no one would put on their daily at an evening track day?!?!?

edit - had a couple of laps on this and fuck that noise….. I could lap quicker in my Leaf because they have fitted tyres you wouldn’t be able to it on it in real life…. Anything under 4th gear and its donut city if you so much as breathe on the accelerator 🤬

I quite enjoyed it. No one was more surprised than me. Is that a more recently added car? It feels like there is more detail in the FFB. I can control this car a lot better than most N class (spit) cars.

I managed to get two good roulette spins in a row this week, which make up a bit for the endless 5,000 credits. I got a V8-Ford-GT-LM-Test engine, so I now have a 242 mph Ford Focus and then the next day I got an Aston Martin Vulcan, I wonder if it's faster than a Ford Focus.

5 hours ago, mexos said:

I quite enjoyed it. No one was more surprised than me. Is that a more recently added car? It feels like there is more detail in the FFB. I can control this car a lot better than most N class (spit) cars.

I can feel lots of FFB its true but that mainly as I’m doing donuts…. I had another quick bash just now and have the basic flow of it but a mere 4 secs to find for gold… It feels like you are constantly on the edge and hanging on, I prefer attacking corners so really struggling to get into this one. It’s the same on the licence tests, the grip limited stuff was always my worst and I only did the Mustang one yesterday and still 2 secs off the final one…. Didnt have too much bother with any others ince the ones people say are harder 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 hours ago, JPR said:

I managed to get two good roulette spins in a row this week, which make up a bit for the endless 5,000 credits. I got a V8-Ford-GT-LM-Test engine, so I now have a 242 mph Ford Focus and then the next day I got an Aston Martin Vulcan, I wonder if it's faster than a Ford Focus.

I got a 6 star ticket today and… 1 mil credits, I am shook!

Quote my post and pass it on to five friends and you too can get a high paying 6 star ticket.

Mazda Roadster today, so had a decent little run. I already own the car but I'm sure I'll be able to sell the one I bought anytime now...

Wasn't too keen on the time trial initially but quite enjoying it now, it's fun to find the balance and you can easily feel the improvements as you put the laps in. Surprised how generous the track limits are, you have to really push it to get a penalty. 22.8 is my best so far which will hopefully stay silver, can probably take a bit more off if needed but think gold might be a bit too far for me.

Might try manual gears but always struggle with them on the pad. Shame GT doesn't let you have manual changes with the auto option, being able to keep it in a higher gear could help, plus in general I often feel the down shifts can be just that fraction too slow.

11 minutes ago, JPR said:

Quote my post and pass it on to five friends and you too can get a high paying 6 star ticket.

Mazda Roadster today, so had a decent little run. I already own the car but I'm sure I'll be able to sell the one I bought anytime now...

Wasn't too keen on the time trial initially but quite enjoying it now, it's fun to find the balance and you can easily feel the improvements as you put the laps in. Surprised how generous the track limits are, you have to really push it to get a penalty. 22.8 is my best so far which will hopefully stay silver, can probably take a bit more off if needed but think gold might be a bit too far for me.

Might try manual gears but always struggle with them on the pad. Shame GT doesn't let you have manual changes with the auto option, being able to keep it in a higher gear could help, plus in general I often feel the down shifts can be just that fraction too slow.

Defi do manual gears, easy second there alone esp on this one where it seems 4th and 5th are needed for most corners!

I can not do this TT…. usually I can see where I can push to make up time but on this one I spend the whole lap trying to point in the right direction - I’m in the 22’s and need 2 seconds for the gold but have no hope of that - how on earth you lot are dropping into the 19’s is beyond me but bravo, I shall put this one down to car incompatibility 🤬 

you can definitely do it. 

There's a ghost that Junker and Corranga found who's done a 19.3xx. He's like the 400th best time or something. 

Tips are basically, 3rd gear very rarely, it's mainly 4th/5th gear. Change down gears very late, change up gears early-ish. Throw the car around more than you think, try and catch it when it steps out and just concentrate on keeping your minimum speed is high as possible. 

It's still a fucker though. 

I hope I'm safe with a 20.1xx. 

@Shimmyhill if you go on my in game profile page you can see my replay of my best lap (so far) and download it as a ghost. Might help as it’s a bit slower than the ones on the global leaderboard.
 Do some laps shortshifting and downshifting late like @Varnsen says and then build up your pace. 
 You can definitely do it, just needs a different approach.

The example that clicked with me was the final turn. Brake and drop to 4th as you tip in. The front of the car dives and it starts to oversteer. As the nose of the car rotates onto the inside kerb bang it into 5th and put your foot down and it will just drive forward. Feels weird but it works

1 hour ago, Junker said:

@Shimmyhill if you go on my in game profile page you can see my replay of my best lap (so far) and download it as a ghost. Might help as it’s a bit slower than the ones on the global leaderboard.
 Do some laps shortshifting and downshifting late like @Varnsen says and then build up your pace. 
 You can definitely do it, just needs a different approach.

The example that clicked with me was the final turn. Brake and drop to 4th as you tip in. The front of the car dives and it starts to oversteer. As the nose of the car rotates onto the inside kerb bang it into 5th and put your foot down and it will just drive forward. Feels weird but it works

Cheers, I will give it a shot as a ghost. I have been short shifting into 5th a fair bit so will work on that as it feels slower.

In other GT7 related news…. Fair bit of talk of the Logitech Pro wheel thats just out in the sim thread, ive been following loads about it and one thing that has come across in any vids that mention it is that in GT7 its by a country mile the best wheel with FFB that feels as it should, PC like is often mentioned :o 

On 22/09/2022 at 14:17, Varnsen said:

you can definitely do it. 

There's a ghost that Junker and Corranga found who's done a 19.3xx. He's like the 400th best time or something. 

Tips are basically, 3rd gear very rarely, it's mainly 4th/5th gear. Change down gears very late, change up gears early-ish. Throw the car around more than you think, try and catch it when it steps out and just concentrate on keeping your minimum speed is high as possible. 

It's still a fucker though. 

I hope I'm safe with a 20.1xx. 

My main tips would be… First corner heavy on the brakes, back steps out to get the nose in. All the way down to second till you get to the apex for the right then straight back to third. Then most of the rest of the lap is 4th+ at a minimum. Play with the weight of the car. Sometimes you can jerk the wheel to begin rotation then come almost all the way back to straight and the car will come around. 

You can also change down just as you start to brake and it will kick the back out to get the nose pointing where you need it. But don’t abuse it. If you can hear the car sliding, you are probably losing time. My best laps I could hardly hear the tyres at all. It is tempting to max power it it around power sliding and bags of opposite lock. And that will get you an ok time. But for a better one it’s all about restraint. Using the weight of the car and very minor steering inputs.

I’ve given up on this one now. I can’t squeeze anything else out of it. I can stick pretty close to the leader in the first half of the lap but I lose all the way from the hairpin to the line. Pretty sure I’ve never got the last corner right. I just don’t get how to do it, never have.

Apart from the broken Tomahawk I don't think I've used the any VGTs outside of the cafe menu, just don't see the appeal of them.

The Nations race today was fantastic, the Supra GT500 was a joy to drive around Suzuka, a perfect match for the S curves. Almost a shame I had a good result first time out so I didn't race again, would be a great daily race.

A bit early but I'll take it, daily roulette had trained me to expect something cheap that I already own, saying that I did get 1m credits today.

375657313_GranTurismo7_20220922134337.thumb.jpg.0a5c881032b99d8fae7936fbdc24e9ee.jpg

On 24/09/2022 at 10:25, JPR said:

Who cares about another Nissan Silvia?  What is the point of a topless version of the already pointless Porsche Vision car? The VW will be cool but what would you race it against? I bet it’s the next Time Trial at the Nordschliefe.  Unless they surprise us with Pikes Peak or Goodwood Hillclimb or something?

at this point, there must be some other reason why the car roster is like this and the 'new' cars are made up cars or very old cars that have previously been in the game. Are car manufacturers refusing to let PD use them? seems unlikely. Do they not have any staff? money?

I think GT has painted itself into a corner… traditionally it’s a game about road cars and tuning them and then adding in some exotics so thats the traditional fan base. These days it’s as much an online game competing with ACC etc so lots of group 4,3,2,1 cars etc. The road car bunch dont care about online and just want cars cars cars to tune and the online bunch dont care about the 17 versions of some JP 90s drift wagon….

Then there are people like me who are desperate for MOAR TRAKS despite not knowing half of them well enough to be competitive 😂🤣

I guess my point, if there is one, is that PD dont really know what game they want to make and who they want to appeal to so with have a bit of a muddle…. 

• p1nseeker changed the title to Gran Turismo 7: PSVR2 upgrade confirmed.