Gran Turismo 7: PSVR2 upgrade confirmed.

p1nseeker

18 minutes ago, Corranga said:

It’s ok, I’ve set a faster one 😂

I’m something annoying like 0.14 off a gold time right now, but I’m finding it frustrating rather that fun as I feel the car is always on edge, and the difference between it sliding and turning is 0.01 on the brakes but 0.5 on your time!

I’ll get a gold time tomorrow hopefully and put that one to bed!

Damn you!! To be fair I never felt on edge with the car so clearly not trying hard enough - there is one corner that I was finding tricky but thats more off camber braking with wheel input silliness on my part!

17 hours ago, Junker said:

Can confirm it’s great. Fast laps rely on sweeping lines which are hard to do when racing in a pack, and it’s a grid start so you’re all bunched up from the start. It means there’s a lot of rough and tumble racing in the pack but it’s good knockabout fun. 

I'm having issues with the dailys, as I said I need to try and up my DR but fuck me, the penalty system is back to being so fucking shite that if I run a fucker off the track get out murder them and steal their car some poor soul passing will get slapped with a 3 sec penalty. 

It's back to when I get rear ended I'm getting the penalty and TBH the standard of driving is so fucking bad its making me want to do all of the above. 

The other day on monza is ended up with 47 seconds due me giving a little love tap at lesmo 1 then a guy smashing the same person off the road and another person running me off at ascari

I suspect I'll need to hope that the manufacturers are better and see if I have time to get some races going on there. 

I expect the issue there is trying a daily at Monza.  A lot of GT online racers seem to take the approach of "I'll just brake later than the car in front" to over take, and as Monza is basically 3 massive braking zones split by flat out sections, this happens way too much.  The penalty system, for me, seems ok providing there are only 2 cars in the incident.  I had a couple of incidents where I was run off the track by someone taking a late dive, or just running into the back of me, and they had 3 second penalties awarded to the others.  The issue of course, which can never really be fixed, is that in both cases, I dropped 2 or 3 positions to other cars due to being off line / slow re-joining.

I think I'm right at the top of the B lobbies though (as I get matched with a mix of A and B ranked folk now), so perhaps the driving standards are better as people are trying to get to A?

@Corranga

I was on road atlanta and getting stupid penalties, I suspect I passed under yellows (like they are for safety and its a fucking game that no one is getting hurt) once but cunts are just punting left right and centre. 

I managed a 3rd place last night but the guy who took second was fucking dreadful barging and weaving all over the straight.

I'm still languishing in DR C so probably to do with that. I dropped my DR after trying out the lobbies at release and quitting cos they were awful. Lesson learnt. 

If have to admit I did get a good race with a guy who dropped out after taking 2nd from me early on then led me to spin on the grass as I followed him, As ye do :(

This year will be the 3rd year of Rllmuk Monday Night Racing Club Xmas charity races. 
 19/12/22 we’ll be doing “12 races of Christmas” in aid of of SpecialEffect -  SpecialEffect puts fun and inclusion back into the lives of people with physical disabilities by helping them to play video games. Using technology ranging from modified controllers to eye-control, they find a way for people of all ages to play to the best of their abilities.

Anyone interested in racing in this event or any MNRC please feel free, everyone welcome.

If you’d like to donate to a great cause please follow the link.JustGiving MNRC 12 Races of Christmas 2022

missed these comments from Kaz about the Lobbies from about a week ago.

Yamauchi explains: “GT Sport had a real focus on online competition and things like hosting the World Series events and things like that and it was developed for it”. However it seems it wasn’t envisioned that there’d be a need to add new features to Sport’s online mode later in the game’s life — such as the Meeting Places of GT7.

“We had to refactor everything to allow for future advancements to the software,” adds Yamauchi. “That’s what we did for Gran Turismo 7. Now we have clean code that we can expand upon and add more features”.

As for what those features might be, Yamauchi didn’t go into specifics. “I think there is still lots more left to do for Sport mode,” he added. “We already have events like [the World Series] but I think there are more things that we can do on the code side to make it even better”.

https://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-gt7s-online-will-evolve-20221128/

'There are more things we can do on the code side to make it better'. 

No. Shit. 

On 05/12/2022 at 15:07, Varnsen said:

missed these comments from Kaz about the Lobbies from about a week ago.

https://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-gt7s-online-will-evolve-20221128/

'There are more things we can do on the code side to make it better'. 

No. Shit. 

But first - more scapes!

Do you think they'll ever bother to rename "Daily Races" to "Weekly Races" - since they backtracked on this years ago in GT Sport on the PS4? For someone who has great attention to detail I'm surprise this has escaped Kaz for so long.

Well the donations for the charity race next Monday 19/12/2/ 8pm UK time have started coming in and I’m amazed at the generosity of you guys. 
 Please spread the message and donate if you can.JustGiving

Please post any Xmas liveries as well, I know we’ve got some really creative people on here. @Corranga has added the SpecialEffect logos in game as decals if you want to include those in your designs.

2 hours ago, Junker said:

Well the donations for the charity race next Monday 19/12/2/ 8pm UK time have started coming in and I’m amazed at the generosity of you guys. 

Please post any Xmas liveries as well, I know we’ve got some really creative people on here. @Corranga has added the SpecialEffect logos in game as decals if you want to include those in your designs.

Thats very cool, will donate later and try and get involved…

35 minutes ago, Junker said:

Another update next week, 5 more Silvias 🥸

208445A5-D11C-40AF-99D6-29094AC353C0.jpeg

I think we could miss out on a Silvia this time :o Obv the Ferrari VGT and at least one Alfa there - top right has to be a rally car - Celica is most peoples guess!

6 hours ago, Junker said:

Donated :)

Here’s my Christmas Jumper Subaru.

87D3A8C5-C04B-48E1-A478-16EFA77379F6.thumb.jpeg.fa7a2b0b4fdcf86d19ec68738ac2f649.jpeg

I’ll start on the list of races this week - similar format to last year with the 12 short-ish races, but will make sure the new tracks make an appearance :)

7 hours ago, Junker said:

Another update next week, 5 more Silvias 🥸

208445A5-D11C-40AF-99D6-29094AC353C0.jpeg

They’re continuing the Maserati love I think. Fairly sure that’s an MC20 at the top right, stunning car. The Toyota is a nice addition too, not sure on the bottom 2 though. Bottom right could need Lambo or some generic super car, probably a Japanese kit car based on a Sylvia

the new time trial is quite difficult. given how short the lap is and how fast and the damn penalties, i'm not sure i can easily find the time I need to get gold.

My main issue is the last left hander before the end of sector 1. I'm losing like half a second on Kie25's ghost there alone. Anyone else got any tips on how to hustle the RB around there? I'm only like a tenth and a half off I think currently. 

On 12/12/2022 at 16:38, Varnsen said:

the new time trial is quite difficult. given how short the lap is and how fast and the damn penalties, i'm not sure i can easily find the time I need to get gold.

My main issue is the last left hander before the end of sector 1. I'm losing like half a second on Kie25's ghost there alone. Anyone else got any tips on how to hustle the RB around there? I'm only like a tenth and a half off I think currently. 

It’s tricky, I think my best set of sectors is 3/10 off so I have lots of work to do - have you seen his lap guide on YT?

Has everyone else had the reward for the prev TT!? For ages after it finished it was still in the sport menu but now it’s disappeared but I never got the bonus credits!?

1 minute ago, marsh said:

Does the toyota include it's shonky butterfly valve inlet that got them booted out of the wrc?

Almost certainly. Modelled to perfection, using a huge part of the poly budget. Never to be seen under the bodywork. 

🙏 please let lobby stability be in the patch notes tomorrow. 
 Another plug for the Xmas races this coming Monday. Get your Gr3 Japanese only cars decked out with a Christmas livery and come join the chaos. 
 Why Japanese only you ask? @Corranga ‘s idea so he can run a KFC livery in tribute to the Japanese tradition of KFC for Christmas dinner ( it’s a thing apparently).

A drinking game will be in place- every time someone says “lag” it’s a shot. 
 £161.49 raised so far by you beautiful, generous and kind people. 
JustGiving

1CF7ABEF-FA4E-40E1-814E-7053731E5CD0.jpeg

1 hour ago, mexos said:

#drunklagsluts

Gutted I am going to miss it. I will of course donate. When does the donation get handed over? I've not been paid yet so I need to wait a bit to add mine to the pot.

Donations go in full as soon as they are made to SpecialEffect via JustGiving 

3 hours ago, marsh said:

As I don't drink, can I nail a shot of coffee everytime someone goads me into talking about a vauxhall?

Should be able to peel myself off the ceiling by about 9.30.

We did 90s BTCC liveries last week and we saved a Vectra one for you

• p1nseeker changed the title to Gran Turismo 7: PSVR2 upgrade confirmed.