She-Ra live action series on Amazon

JohnC

35 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

Oh God, the comments on that article

I honestly don't understand why people get annoyed about remakes of childhood cartoons, I mean as much as I adored He-Man, Visionaries, Thundercats and TMNT - they were pretty one note when it comes to story or character.

It's not like Avatar where they had proper character arcs across the seasons to destroy. 

20 minutes ago, Delargey said:

I honestly don't understand why people get annoyed about remakes of childhood cartoons, I mean as much as I adored He-Man, Visionaries, Thundercats and TMNT - they were pretty one note when it comes to story or character.

It's not like Avatar where they had proper character arcs across the seasons to destroy. 

Because culture wars.

Yeah, they're not annoyed about the remake itself.

They're annoyed that the remake isn't regressive as fuck with female characters that are just eye candy and characters of colour who know their place.

They're racists and misogynists who are so entitled that any hint that the world doesn't revolve exactly around them sends them into a fury. We even get it here, to a lesser degree. Just look at the reaction to Teela having agency and an actual arc in the new MOTU series. Admittedly, that was Spainkiller, but even so.

Fuck them into the sun.

But also, do whatever the hell you want with a new version of an old IP. It doesn't magically erase the original.