"Games Season" is looking a bit thin - what are you excited for?

HarryBizzle

So with the news that Dying Light 2 is being delayed, I'm left wondering what's left for 2021 in terms of big games. Forbidden West suffered a similar fate, and I'm sure they're not the only ones.

So far, for the remainder of 2021, I've got:

November: Forza Horizon 5

December: Halo Infinite

What are you going to be picking up over the next few months? At this rate, I'm probably going to play Deathloop on PS5 instead of next year on Game Pass.

Errr... Advance Wars for Switch? 

Thankfully I've just picked up a PS5, not having had a PS4, so plenty of backlog to be enjoying along with the ever present games/timewasters such as Warzone and Fifa. 

Far to much of a backlog to even worry about new releases to be honest! :)

Given up looking at new releases.... Still have Ratchet and Clank and Returnal practically untouched on the PS5, then the Steam backlog... GamePass.... it goes on.... :D 

Although will obviously be spending a bit of time on Forza Horizon 5... because its on GamePass and its the only AAA arcade racer of note at the moment... 

"What are you excited for?" - can I say "2022"?

Seriously, I don't know what else I could be looking forward to this year. The last full game I was interested in was Neo TWEWY which came out in July; I've since picked up the Destiny 2 season and the Tetris Effect PS4 update, but there's nothing else I have my eye on until Elden Ring...

I have about 7000 games to play so not too concerned. Plus too much time taken up with GAAS games like Rainbow Six/Hearthstone etc which really eat into backlog and new game time. 

I still haven't done the first node on blood Returnal

I'm most excited about working through my backlog, and finally getting emulation working properly on my PC.

Other than that, Forza Horizon 5 looks good, and SMT V and Metroid are nailed on purchases.

EDIT: oh and some of the shmups mentioned here too 🙂

5 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 

Have SMB BB on the Wii... installed onto a USB stick with a bunch of other games its great. Almost feels like a NG console using solid state to load things from! :D 

Not sure about the new one... have to look into what it offers over the Wii one... 

Same as the OP - Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5.  

With the backlog of games I still have to even install let alone start playing, I'm really not too disappointed in the lack of brand new releases between now and the end of the year.

No doubt there'll be a Game Pass belter that arrives out of the blue which will totally surprise me as well!!

Shin Megami Tensei 5 is the big one for me. I'm looking forward to other things too, but that's the one I'm most excited for (and, by the same stroke, am most worried won't live up to its potential).

Was thinking about this the other day 

Alan Wake Remastered 

Forza Horizon 5

Halo Infinite 

depending on the beta/reviews 

Far Cry 6

COD Vanguard 

all on Xbox series X.

It’s a shame the new Uncharted collection isn’t out on PS5 as that would be a great Christmas game.

I might replay God of War post 60fps patch over Christmas too, and possibly pick up on my Xbox Witcher 3 save if the next-gen patch is out this year. 

Metroid Dread

Halo

Elden Ring early next year if there's no delays.

I've got bogged down playing too many games at once over the past year. If I finish a few off I want to spend some time on Humankind, Flight Simulator and Yakuza Like A Dragon.

Roguebook if it gets a Switch release before Christmas.

Next up for me is Death Stranding Director’s cut (having picked up the original for a few quid and then holding out for a next gen update).

October/November it’s all about Metroid Dread and Battlefield 2042. 

and then at some point nearer Christmas I’d like to pick up a Series S for Halo and Forza Horizon. That’ll feel like a console launch Christmas from back in the day I imagine :wub:

3 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Already looking forward to playing Miles Morales again over Christmas.

Oh shit yeah I’m specifically saving that because it looks so Christmassy.

Watching the recent Ted Lasso Christmas special in front of a tower fan just felt obscene. 

Shin Megami Tensei V is pretty much all I need for the most part. Playing IV on the 3DS during lockdown completely ruined JRPGs for me, so I'm hoping it's just as glorious.

Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite on Gamepass will likely get played, as will Back 4 Blood. Maybe Darkest Dungeon 2's Early Access if the new format turns out to be great, but I'm willing to hear impressions on that one.

Bloody hell, my end of year is absolutely packed. Looking at my pre-orders that are due this year....

PS4

Deathsmiles I and IIX

Saturn Tribute

G-Darius HD 

Disco Elysium Final Cut 

Switch

Zombie Nation

Tiger Heli

Illmatic Envelope Swamp + Radirgy Swag

Andro Dunos 2

Mario Party Superstars

Streets of Rage 4 Anniversary Edition

Cotton Rocn ‘n Roll

Xbox Series X

Lost Judgment (Xbox Series X)

My backlog is ridiculous so really not too bothered about "Holiday" lineup.

But I've got No More Heroes III and Shin Megami Tensei V earmarked as my potential Christmas Day treats.

And physical copies of G Darius, Bugsnax, Carrion and Huntdown depending on which get reduced in price first. :)

By the end of the week I should have a laptop capable of playing modern PC games so I guess Age of Empires 4 has to be high on the list. 

Really looking forward to Forza Horizon 5 and The Gunk as well. I ended up really liking Steamworld Dig 2 so I'm eager to see that studios first 3D game. 

Metroid Dread (not Prime, stupid brain) is a day one purchase unless the reviews are horrendous and it's hard to see how they could foul up an Advance Wars remaster so I'll be getting that. 

Never played God of War on the PS4 so I want to get through that and the first Horizon game this year as well.