"Games Season" is looking a bit thin - what are you excited for?

HarryBizzle

6 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Is there a good site that shows all platform releases? 

To be honest, I normally look up '[year] games' on Google, and click on whatever the fuck is on Wikipedia, like this.

Eurogamer used to be my go-to, but I haven't visited the site in ages so no idea on the quality of the curation. I'd like to know if there's anything better too, I guess!

A few for me, just got tales of arise and fenyx rising to play not to mention loads in my backlog.

Pokemon, battlefield and guardians of the galaxy all pre ordered.

Others i want include kena, Age of empires 4, advance wars, crysis trilogy having never played them and monster rancher bundle and i might try hell let loose

I know everyone has their own tastes but to say the seasons looking a bit thin is a bit unfair (especially taking the pandemic into account). I guess it is if you only play triple A titles but outside of that there is loads

Metroid Dread is the only game I've got pre-ordered between now and the end of the year, mainly to go with the Switch OLED. I'll play Halo Infinite's campaign and maybe some rllmuk multiplayer matches, and I'll give Forza Horizon 5 a whirl.

Apart from that, I'll wait for reviews for Solar Ash, Eastward, the Outer Wilds DLC and Kena: Bridge of Spirits. I'm still waiting in vain for Silksong, too. (🥲)

Otherwise, there's still Deathloop, Psychonauts 2, The Artful Escape, Hitman 3, Overboard, Ace Attorney Chronicles, Tales of Arise, Wildermyth, The Forgotten City and Ender Lilies from this year I want to play, as well as the DLC for FFVII: R.

Plus, the backlog, including Ghost of Tsushima, Doom Eternal, Kentucky Route Zero, Little Nightmares 2, and about sixty other games.

Last, there are several games I've been meaning to replay on my PS5, such The Last of Us Part 2, Bloodborne and The Last Guardian.

I'm quite happy Q4 isn't that busy this year.

I’ve just grabbed R&C Rift Apart off eBay and will pick up Returnal if they ever add the ability to save, still can’t believe they haven’t patched that in yet. I’m currently playing GoT DC, F1 2021/PCars 3/Wreckfest and HZD with plenty PS4 games in the backlog.

Christmas gaming will be Miles Morales NG+ and HZD Frozen Wilds, perhaps supplemented with Metroid and Super Monkey Ball.

Some of my most anticipated games are coming out. I can’t wait for Halo Infinite, I know a lot of people have grown tired with the series or don’t like what 343 have done, but I just love Halo, all of them, so that’s top of my list. 

Then Metroid Dread, which actually I’ll play before Halo, and honestly I’m looking forward to it just as much - Halo, Metroid, like being back in the good old days. 

Forza Horizon 5 - my favourite handling in any car game ever that isn’t Mario Kart, and they’re always lookers aren’t they. I’m still playing FH4, it just plays so well. I don’t know what they’ve added or whatever apart form the setting obviously, and it looks stunning in the previews. 

No doubt I’ll get Advance Wars, probably for Christmas as it’s a perfect Christmas Day game, and maybe that Mario Party compilation for family play, and I’m sure my daughter will be pestering Father Christmas   for Pokemon. 

Oh and Alan Wake remaster, quite fancy that, think it’s out the same day as Dread? 

I have about 1000 games I've not touched so really shouldn't be hyped for anything (too many subscriptions and Humble Bundles) but Kena looks really like my kind of thing and I will no doubt pick up Metroid Dread and try Halo Infinite when it hits Gamepass.

The kids are hyped for the latest Pokemon reboot for Xmas so I guess there is that too

7 hours ago, scoobysi said:

I’ve just grabbed R&C Rift Apart off eBay and will pick up Returnal if they ever add the ability to save, still can’t believe they haven’t patched that in yet. I’m currently playing GoT DC, F1 2021/PCars 3/Wreckfest and HZD with plenty PS4 games in the backlog.

Christmas gaming will be Miles Morales NG+ and HZD Frozen Wilds, perhaps supplemented with Metroid and Super Monkey Ball.

Hang on you can't save in Returnal? I really need to put some time on that game. ... Only played an hour or so if it and then switched the machine off ... Not been back to it since. :D Guessing as it's a Housemarque game it leans towards more of an arcade game approach? Same way you can't really "save" in Resogun (other than high score table).

Anyway I'm in danger of de-railing here so just say I'll be playing this over winter! :)

44 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Hang on you can't save in Returnal? I really need to put some time on that game. ... Only played an hour or so if it and then switched the machine off ... Not been back to it since. :D Guessing as it's a Housemarque game it leans towards more of an arcade game approach? Same way you can't really "save" in Resogun (other than high score table).

Anyway I'm in danger of de-railing here so just say I'll be playing this over winter! :)

I *think* they mean mid-run. Believe you can save between. Someone who's played it may correct me.

18 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

I *think* they mean mid-run. Believe you can save between. Someone who's played it may correct me.

Just spent a bit of time on this for the past hour or so... Impressed. I get it now. Saving is irrelevant! Each time you come back you are presented with a different scenario - its the whole premise of the game and as the title suggests "Returnal" its actually really different. Must remind myself to not be so judgmental sometimes..... and of course make some time to put into games. Need to do another cull I think. 

24 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Just spent a bit of time on this for the past hour or so... Impressed. I get it now. Saving is irrelevant! Each time you come back you are presented with a different scenario - its the whole premise of the game and as the title suggests "Returnal" its actually really different. Must remind myself to not be so judgmental sometimes..... and of course make some time to put into games. Need to do another cull I think. 

It’s not irrelevant though as runs can take a few hours so you’ll end up needing to use rest mode. It’s obviously the way they designed it (and probably why they haven’t patched it) but unfortunately it doesn’t fit with how I use my PS5. Shame as I really want to play it.

I don’t have a XBOX but it feels like it needs something similar to quick resume so you can at least switch the PS5 off or play something else.

Edited by scoobysi

11 hours ago, Gabe said:

Is there a good site that shows all platform releases? 

I wish there was, I feel like it's a right chore trying to keep up with what's coming out, especially as my go to games are often Japanese only releases that hardly anyone wants :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

It’s not irrelevant though as runs can take a few hours so you’ll end up needing to use rest mode. It’s obviously the way they designed (and probably why they haven’t patched) it but unfortunately it doesn’t fit with how I use my PS5. Shame as I really want to play it.

Ah OK. Guess it depends how much time you have for a gaming session? And this is why Sony put a rest mode on the PS5? :) 

Agree this is why they haven't patched it. It doesn't need a patch as it changes the whole premise of the game.... Anyway I'll take further comments into the Returnal topic... :) 

Needless to say its on my winter play pile now...

For me it’ll be Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5, plus any other hidden gems I find on Gamepass.

I wouldn’t say that was thin in any way.

Oh, I forgot about Alan Wake as well. It’s gonna be a great end to the year for me.

Yeah I took a break from Like a Dragon when it pissed me off but I want another run at that.

Just got Deathloop

Obviously Forza Horizon 5

Life is Strange : True Colours

Probably Sonic Colours

Far Cry 6 if I have space, it's been a year since I did UbiSoft the game and they're nice in moderation.

I'll probably pick up Judgement to get in ahead of Lost Judgement

Still need to play Beyond a Steel Sky

Psychonauts 2...

‘Games Season’ is pretty much non existent until next year although I’d be surprised if I’m not on Battlefield 6 from day one. It will be absolutely broken though but I accept that as they always are. :lol:

I have to admit to being curious about Halo Infinite but after 4 & 5 I’m not optimistic at all. Forza Horizon 5 doesn’t do that much for me, I much prefer Forza or Gran Turismo style racers. 

Cheap Autumn / Christmas this year, that’s for sure.

Forza and Halo are on Game Pass, so those. I'd be interested in picking up Deathloop, but now Arkane have been acquired you know it'll make it's way there at some point.

I was thinking of getting back into FFXIV over the cold dark winter months since apparently everyone is playing it now and I never got to Shadowbringers.

Have had nearly no time for games over the last 18 months and have just started to play a bit more - completed Last Guardian last week and loved it. Started TLOU 2 on Monday and still have Like A Dragon to finish. Only purchase after these would be Metroid if it isn't just more Samus Returns.

I've given up on trying to plan my purchases ahead of release, there's been so many good games during this year that pops out of nowhere that I'm happy with going with the flow as stuff is released.

A lot of this is pretty much a result of Game Pass getting some really nice games, and going in blind is half the fun for me. 

With that said, I must admit I'm quite excited for Metroid Dread, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite. The newly released Tales of Arise also seems like a game I'll love so I've added that to my wish list. 

I'm pretty sure there will pop up quite a few games that will please me before the end of the year, so I can't say that I think the "games season" is looking thin in any way. 

2 hours ago, vezna said:

Cheap Autumn / Christmas this year, that’s for sure.

Need one of those given how much I've spent over the last year! :)

My aim at the moment is just embrace what I do currently have and actually play the games I have on the new hardware and enjoy them! So no season here...

Monkey Ball banana mania

metroid dread

far cry 6

battlefield 2042*

Hell let loose PS5

Kena Bridge of Spirits

are all on my radar, and that’s just October.

Then there’s Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite and Advance Wars November and December. And there’s also Steamdeck (though mine is slated for Q1 next year at this stage)

Honourable mentions to riders republic, death stranding directors cut and the new CoD, none of which are must buys for me but I can see myself picking up down the line.

*looking like a delay though