Total War Warhammer III - 2022

Doctor Shark

• 1 month later...

Ogres (My Lord!) have just been officially confirmed as the pre-order race pack, to the surprise of no one. What is a surprise however, is the fact TW3 will be launched on Gamepass for PC. More skulls for the skull throne ect.

8 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

How would gamepass work if you have WH and WH2 on steam for the eventual life ending 3 game spanning mortal empires?

No definitive details yet but some prominent youtubers seem to think that 1 and 2 will be bundled with 3 but no DLC (makes sense) so you'll have Immortal Empire when it launches. If you've got every bit of content the game has launched on Steam (like me) then you're out of luck as it doesn't carry across platforms.

It makes no difference to me as I'll carry on buying on Steam but it's a great move so people can dip their toes in and try the game out, hopefully enjoy it and then buy the DLC on WIndows store. Such a great game I really hope it gets an even bigger audience.

• 3 weeks later...

Released a few days ago but here is the trailer for the last two Chaos factions (one 'faction' left to go).

Gran'pappy Nurgle and chips, dips chains and whips BDSM lover Slaneesh.

Big tanky slow bois v hard and fast glass cannons.

Team Green for me.

Can't wait to see the super duper combined map. I've been back sessioning Mortal Empires last few weeks and it is a magnificent work of art. With any luck this will just add even more sandboxy mayhem to the proceedings. 

11 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

The rosters look pretty barebones right now but I imagine it'll be much more filled out by the time a super duper mortal empires appears. 

I think they're comparable to the other game launches. Don't forget how utterly shite the Skaven were in TW2 until the DLC packs fleshed them out. Can you imagine playing without any weapons team units? Same for your precious cheatmode Sisters; they didn't join until the Hellebron DLC.

So do we think they're going for Belakor with a united Chaos/Norsca roster for the final faction, or are they going to pull a sneaky and stick something leftfield in? As much as I'd love to see the chorfs as the final reveal I think they're going to be the first DLC pack around May-ish time.

It's either chaos Dwarves or they'll update Norsca which quite honestly is the faction most in need of fixing but that means essentially you have 7 chaos factions. 

I'm most looking forward to playing Tzeentch and what they do with the Skaven later down line in Cathay.

I don't think there's going to be another faction on launch. You already have the 4 Chaos factions, Kislev, Cathy & Ogre Kingdoms. I think that's going to be it until the first expansion which will probably be Chaos Dwarfs.

1 hour ago, Zael said:

I don't think there's going to be another faction on launch. You already have the 4 Chaos factions, Kislev, Cathy & Ogre Kingdoms. I think that's going to be it until the first expansion which will probably be Chaos Dwarfs.

Well there is still one LL that they've not revealed. As I mentioned, general consensus is Belakor leading an army of Chaos Warriors/Norsca/selected daemon units but they could surprise us. It'll probably be Boris leading Middenland or something for the memes and lolz. 

2 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

3 of this.. and still no 40K? Crazy. It's perfect for it.

I'd imagine that's next on the list, the Warhammer series has been so successful there is no way they're not going to do a 40k version.