IGNORED

Total War Warhammer III - 2022

Doctor Shark

I don't mind the new settlement battles. I think the complexity confuses the AI and as a result they can be a bit messy but I'm definitely getting more variety in fights than the previous two games. My big problem with them is how every fight for a minor settlement is a settlement battle. That's too much imo, I think it'd be a lot better if you only had them for tier 2, or even 3 walls.

I'm looking forward to mortal empires, it's a great game but the whole chaos realm mechanic is bullshit and gets old on the second playthrough, I just want to conquer the world, I don't give 2 fucks about a certain Daemon Prince.

11 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

I'm looking forward to mortal empires, it's a great game but the whole chaos realm mechanic is bullshit and gets old on the second playthrough, I just want to conquer the world, I don't give 2 fucks about a certain Daemon Prince.

Exactly how I feel. I'm only playing it to see who I can forge an alliance with to get their troops. The rifts opening and closing what seems like every 5 turns has gotten really old, really fast and Tzeench and Nurgle's realms can go eat a big shit; they're awful, especially Tzeench's.

WH2 was ok, Mortal Empires started great but took the Norsca and Bretonnia updates before it became amazing. Riding into battle against mammoths with the Reiksguard supported by Grail Knights was exhilarating. Then they reworked the Empire to be even better! The only addition I wasn’t sure about was the Vampire Coast, it seemed a bit stupid when they appeared and started dominating the High Elves.

Some of the features in WH3 will make ME even better, like being able to trade settlements with allies, and building outposts full of allied troops.

Fucking hell, I just spent 3 hours (I spend a lot of time paused) in the Tzeentch McGuffin battle and lost, even though I pretty much knew what would happen after the Slaanesh one. Autoresolve predicts a win.

Well that's 3 campaigns done and I'm out until Immortal empires, they really didn't think the campaign through for this, on my 3rd campaign as Khorne on Legendary/VH I simply took 3 provinces in the corner of the map, had 2 armies and allied with everyone around me, turtled up and that's the best way to do the campaign.

I imagine just owning one province with just your LL army is even better, it encourages you to just sit at your main city from the start and not really play. 

7 minutes ago, Angles Morts said:

I agree that this campaign is a one-trick pony, much like the vortex in TWW2. The rifts are apparently easy to mod out so will be on the Steam Workshop just after they enable it in an update.

I've already set them to appear once (the first time) for 1 turn and then not reappear for 999 turns and just happily playing as a mini Mortal Empires game. Still lots of issues with the economy (if you're Kislev) and crashes and I still can't work out how to play Nurgle properly even though I've read lots of guides and he was the faction I was looking forward to playing the most :(

Really need some DLC and IE though; I need my chorfs.

Khorne and Tzeentch are great fun both for different reasons, Tzeentch on the campaign map and Khorne on the battles maps. The Orgres have a great economy but they were a bit Meh.

Once you stop and have a real good think with Tzeentch you can do some amazing things with changing of the ways. I changed the red uninhabitable settlements in Cathay to Clan Eshin as a 2 province buffer zone and my spot for recruiting plagueclaw catapult and about 15 turns before I headed for Kislev I forced a war between Kislev and the Kurgan Warband which resulted in 5 full stacks beelining for Kislev and softening them up for me massively.

I always thought Slaanesh would be my go-to chaos god, but now I'm a bit older it's a shame there's not one for snoozing. I don't mind the rifts, but might be nice to disable the the race for souls next campaign. Maybe I will wait for IE. Actually, the first thing I would mod out would be rebuilding of towers in siege battles.

Talking of being old, the forums for this are in a right old tizzy about some stupid streamer being ignored or something. What a vorpal hurricane of chaos in a teacup.

Yeah he went on a rant the other day on Youtube about how he told CAMonths ago that what they did with the campaign was really bad and encourages you not to play, he also had a list of bugs he told them about back in January and they did nothing.

Honestly the guy knows the games inside and out (I guess you would after 15000+ hours) and is clearly very disappointed but he often comes across like a massive manchild on his streams, having massive tantrums and doing silly voices

I can't imagine enjoying any game after playing it that much. There's so much drama!

Tried a bit of the 3 player co-op campaign last night. The simultaneous turns worked well, they've also reduced building and recruitment times to 1 turn to speed things up. In a battle I gave a friend control over my skirmishing cavalry which massively helped, although not having pause makes it a bit more hectic than I am used to.

I can see Versus mode being a bit tough, I don't fancy a human controlling every CPU opponent army. That would be carnage.

He's quite good and very knowledgeable about the game but this is a very hubris filled strop he's throwing. He plays a very specific way and there is no way a professional studio is going to take input from any streamer. 

Not to say they don't need some outside advice because lots of peoples interest has fallen off a cliff due to the way they've set the game mechanically but they'll get their info from metadata and player engagement metrics ect.

• 1 month later...

I don't really get the massive hate for it, seems fine to me. The campaign is a bit annoying, but the map is fucking huge so having a timer on it helps if you don't want to spend 50 turns painting the map. The reactions to it have been very odd. That said, no Chaos Dwarves this year is bullshit. The Warriors of Chaos rework needs to be a lot more than just sticking in the monogod warriors as well.

1 hour ago, Sirloin said:

I don't really get the massive hate for it, seems fine to me. The campaign is a bit annoying, but the map is fucking huge so having a timer on it helps if you don't want to spend 50 turns painting the map. The reactions to it have been very odd. That said, no Chaos Dwarves this year is bullshit. The Warriors of Chaos rework needs to be a lot more than just sticking in the monogod warriors as well.

In my opinion the Realm of Chaos campaign is about as good as the Vortex campaign, but I wouldn't want to replay either of them really. I think the trouble for Creative Assembly is that there are more than twice as many factions in Immortal Empires than Mortal Empires, so testing it will take more than four times as long. And now that people are used to ME, it's all they really want to play.

• 1 month later...