Total War Warhammer III - 2022

Captain Kelsten

Stop shaming me! :lol: 

Insomnia plus I love anything turn based as I can start a game up, leave it tabbed out for hours and pick it back up when/if I feel like it. It's why I have such colossal hours in the Civ franchise.

Plus, I could listen to the gobbo voice lines for hours and hours.

Oh Jesus I've had a week n half ofs since immortal came out, I'd hate to think how much I've played. 

Doing a Helman Ghorst campaign since he had a ton of changes and fuck me, they've so massively overdone him it's insane, he boost Zombies so much they should be a tier 5 unit and loads of his buffs are faction wide, a Necromancer lord, 17 zombies with a Corpse cart Lodestone and Mortis engine make your 1.5k army nigh on unkillable.

I took on 4 greenskin stacks with a new lord stack, blobbed up and killed the lot without losing a single entity.

Has to be the best comp on the game right now but on a bad note wind of death has been nerfed hard.

Ok, trying an easy/easy campaign as grand cathay, as Miao Ying (because her name reminds me of big trouble in little China!) taking it slow and trying to figure everything out. Still no idea what I’m really picking for research and skills for the Lord etc, just stuff that sounds vaguely good or sensible. So far I’ve reclaimed my province from rebels and hardly lost anybody, so all going alright so far…

8 hours ago, Captain Kelsten said:

Okay so, turn 62 with Miao Ying and Grand Cathay, just got my first daemon soul (fucked Khorne up with a heroic victory!). Everything seems to be going alright at the moment...

Oooh, should have done the Tzeentch realm first. What a frustrating ballache of a place that is!. Khorne and Slaneesh realms are quite sedate compared to it and the Nurgle one is fine if you camp stance move your way around it.*

Glad you seem to be getting into it more tho!

*I'm assuming they're still they way they were when the game launched and haven't been severely toned down.

Yes yes, Ikit is best leader best Skaven.

Weapons teams are amazing and it's only the food mechanic and potentially losing an army due to low loyalty (because you can never catch an AI army that runs away all the time) that are the problems with Skaven playthroughs.

Been playing some Vampire Coast today. Up to turn 67 as Luther Harkon. Had a couple of rough battles but, overall, doing well. Just got my first piece of Slann gold for his quest, have a number of pirate coves in operation and I have a massive, massive cannon called “Queen Bess” which absolutely destroys anything it manages to hit! 

Oh and Harkon is now riding on a massive zombie dragon. So that’s cool. 

6 hours ago, Captain Kelsten said:

Been playing some Vampire Coast today. Up to turn 67 as Luther Harkon. Had a couple of rough battles but, overall, doing well. Just got my first piece of Slann gold for his quest, have a number of pirate coves in operation and I have a massive, massive cannon called “Queen Bess” which absolutely destroys anything it manages to hit! 

Oh and Harkon is now riding on a massive zombie dragon. So that’s cool. 

Should have gone Noctilus. His Necrofex Colossus perks are amazing plus he gets one as a mount. Also you can only ever have one Queen Bess *cough* mods *cough* so make the most of her! 

Those endgame disasters and campaign AI still need some tweaks. I had about 30 undead armies, 30 Greenskin armies each with an accompanying Waagh army and 20 Dark Elf pirates spawn and achieve almost nothing against AI factions(I was too far away for them) because they are incapable of coordination. Just randomly moving around and sieging nearest settlements for 20 turns. Bah. Well at least the Grudges have truly been settled now and Malekith's(and about 20 other elves and Chaos lords of all kinds) skins are fried and now drying in the sun.

13 minutes ago, Erik said:

Those endgame disasters and campaign AI still need some tweaks. I had about 30 undead armies, 30 Greenskin armies each with an accompanying Waagh army and 20 Dark Elf pirates spawn and achieve almost nothing against AI factions(I was too far away for them) because they are incapable of coordination. Just randomly moving around and sieging nearest settlements for 20 turns. Bah. Well at least the Grudges have truly been settled now and Malekith's(and about 20 other elves and Chaos lords of all kinds) skins are fried and now drying in the sun.

Liar.

Sun in Naggarond, yeah right. ;)

On 02/09/2022 at 18:10, Matt Defis said:

Oh Jesus I've had a week n half ofs since immortal came out, I'd hate to think how much I've played. 

Doing a Helman Ghorst campaign since he had a ton of changes and fuck me, they've so massively overdone him it's insane, he boost Zombies so much they should be a tier 5 unit and loads of his buffs are faction wide, a Necromancer lord, 17 zombies with a Corpse cart Lodestone and Mortis engine make your 1.5k army nigh on unkillable.

I took on 4 greenskin stacks with a new lord stack, blobbed up and killed the lot without losing a single entity.

Has to be the best comp on the game right now but on a bad note wind of death has been nerfed hard.

I’m trying to enjoy this as much as possible before it’s nerfed into the ground. According to Reddit the healing caps are currently not working as intended hence my immortal tide of walking dead. 

Sure is fun though. 

I would have given up on this game so long ago, never mind bought every dlc and sequel, had it been a historical one but goddamn, I do love the factions in this. Earlier I was playing as a green skin (grimgor ironsomefink?) and it was great craic - waaagh and all dat. 

15 hours ago, Scruff said:

Should have gone Noctilus. His Necrofex Colossus perks are amazing plus he gets one as a mount. Also you can only ever have one Queen Bess *cough* mods *cough* so make the most of her! 

You say that but every time I field the Necrofex he gets at start, the stupid thing just gets shot to shit even at range. I can't seem to keep the thing healthy and at the back, it fires a bit and then just goes for a walk. I've found playing as him far more difficult than as Luthor...

Necrofex? necro feck off, more like! 

My last vampire coast game featured noctilus riding a necrofex commanding a necrofex doom stack. I even gave queen bess to my B army. Lots of fun, would play again. 

Once I finish up with ghorst I’ll be trying Isabella all vampire army. 

Might try something with living creatures after that. 

9 hours ago, Captain Kelsten said:

You say that but every time I field the Necrofex he gets at start, the stupid thing just gets shot to shit even at range. I can't seem to keep the thing healthy and at the back, it fires a bit and then just goes for a walk. I've found playing as him far more difficult than as Luthor...

Necrofex? necro feck off, more like! 

They have immense range so shouldn't be anywhere they can get shot :P 

Besides, you have a Vampirate who knows the lore of vampires. They have heals which work especially well with STE (heh, see what I did there?)- Single Target Entities as they can't heal back lost models which isn't a problem when there is only one model.

@Faded Kholek who literally gets bigger and his weapon damage goes up for every vassal he gets and can almost solo 20+ stack armies after a few vassals (not even needed the sword of khaine) counts as a living creature, right? :eyebrows: 

1 hour ago, Angles Morts said:

It’s feeling a bit like a dating sim as Karl.  You have to flirt with the Elector Counts to make them like you, then reject their confederation advances a few times to get your Imperial Authority up before you can safely say yes.

All the while Festus, Throgg, Azezel and Vlad eat through EC capitals giving you minus one for everyone they take. 

I'm too scared for a Franz run anytime soon. I'll stick with MF Doom or the religious nutter for my Empire fix.

Got into a spot of bother around turn 51 as Count Noctilus - I ran out of money and the attrition that sets is brutal! Lost a load of my army including my fully developed Gunnery Wight and two vampire captains (and Noctilus was 'injured') and then the game had a weird bug where it wouldn't let me do anything until I'd dismissed all advice but there was nothing to dismiss, so I couldn't play any more. I'd just got Noctilus' mount, too :( 

6 hours ago, Scruff said:

All the while Festus, Throgg, Azezel and Vlad eat through EC capitals giving you minus one for everyone they take. 

I'm too scared for a Franz run anytime soon. I'll stick with MF Doom or the religious nutter for my Empire fix.

It was a tricky start

First time I snapped up any Elector Count settlements retaken from the puss lovers or goat heads, but soon ran out of Authority and it all got a bit nasty.

Second time I paid more attention to Fealty by returning settlements, then milked the +1 Authority from every a confederation request declined until I had enough in the bank to allow one.

Apparently in 2.1 they removed the penalty for the first lost province, which would have been useful. Still no way to get military alliances and war coordination across the Empire factions though.

5 hours ago, Scruff said:

They have immense range so shouldn't be anywhere they can get shot :P 

Besides, you have a Vampirate who knows the lore of vampires. They have heals which work especially well with STE (heh, see what I did there?)- Single Target Entities as they can't heal back lost models which isn't a problem when there is only one model.

@Faded Kholek who literally gets bigger and his weapon damage goes up for every vassal he gets and can almost solo 20+ stack armies after a few vassals (not even needed the sword of khaine) counts as a living creature, right? :eyebrows: 

I saw the Kholek video where he took up an insane amount of the map and a single unit was the size of half his foot. 

I'm guessing Bel'akor will be my next campaign.