Total War Warhammer III - 2022

Captain Kelsten

Ghorst is still a silly zombie boy by the looks of things. 

I am a big fan of leaving some broken stuff in for single player and just balancing the multiplayer. Let people choose the experience they want. 

@Scruff big boy Kholek is definitely on the list. I played so much WoC in earlier versions that I want to wait a while before touching them again, even with all the improvements.  Same for best best rat boy Ikit. 

my inner emo does pull me towards the bad guy factions though. Hopefully chaos dwarfs don’t take too long. 

I love Ikit. He reminds me of a (murderous) big Labrador; full of personality and craziness. Only thing I don't like is Scryre's start position. I preferred their Vortex start position as I find Skavenblight lulls you into thinking it's quite well protected with the mountain range behind you, but then Belegar underways into your face, Sartosa can go either way, the fanatic French in Araby huff some anti player bias and head towards you completely forgetting about Arkhan murderising them, Bretonia (for ze lady!) start, fantasy Italy (if Aranessa doesn't kill them first) DOW you and then you've got the utterly genocidal Wood Elves who seem to have OD'd on venom or something as Immortal Empires has turned their bloodlust up to 11.

I mean it's no Karl Franz campaign but it's not as safe as it looks! :D 

I'm also gagging for the Chorfs. I really really really hope they drop this year.

Ikit was the only vortex campaign I ever actually finished. I don’t think anything is as satisfying as watching ratling gunners completely melt a charging infantry line before any of them touch you. 

He’s the only dlc lord I think is absolutely mandatory if you want to play that race. The units in that pack make the skaven. You might actually have to enter melee combat without them. *spit*

I’m so glad immortal empires is here. I’m going to be playing this for years. 

Respect, anti-melee brother.

No, he really isn't Ste :( Other than Ikit, Skaven have really got the shitty end of the stick with LLs. Snikch is fine, and Queek is OK for a dualing lord (but his faction buffs are poo because Stormvermin are poo) but Skrolk and Tretch are meme lords and Thrott is only good if you're willing to put up with a terribad starting position in exchange for turning skavenslaves into mutants suicide bombers.

I'd recommend giving Snikch another go. Clan Eshin have a mechanic called "Purge into Anarchy" which essentially deletes a faction. Doesn't matter how strong that faction is, they could be strength 1 with a hundred armies and you have one solitary town, you can essentially Thanos Snap them out of existence. It's incredible and the most busted mechanic in the whole of Total War Warhammer.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing a clan Eshin playthrough and on turn 126 the ultimate thing kicks in and the Greenskins spawn about 40 full stacks, I'm in the mountains of mourn so I have a buffer zone between me and them with the Chaos Dwarfs area but 5 turns later and Skarsnik has confederated all the other Greensking factions into his. I let them rampage their way over to me and the turn they attack my settlerment I use the Eshin mechanic and delete the entire faction from existence. half the world is now just random rebel factions, it's toally broken the game.

• 4 weeks later...

I played several hours (more than we planned to) of a 3 player co-op campaign last night and it worked amazingly well. We'd tried on an earlier version and it was a bit prone to crashing which broke up the flow of the game (luckily it autosaves each turn).

Last night was flawless however, so I think they've got it licked. Simultaneous turns work so much better than the old system of waiting for each other.

• 1 month later...

Just wrapping up a Kairos IE campaign on legendary/VH, Jesus Christ it's a rough first 100 turns, it took me that long just to get out of the southern wastes. I took out Teclis in the first 10 turns but then it turned to shit, I had Oxy and Tehen sending 4 stacks from the west and Tiq and Kroq Gar sending 4 stacks from the North while trying to deal with Slaneesh from the east. Kairos economy is so bad at the start that even trying to have 2 stacks of chaffe is difficult then once you've cleared the southern wastes and have a couple of regions in the southland and Lustria your economy explodes and you're running 6 armies.

It's a really difficult start and then piss easy from there. 

My tips would be to transfer the nurgle settlement to Sathoreal at the start and form an alliance with him and transfer one of Oxys settlements to the All seeing eye Tzeentch faction from the chaos wastes and use the AI as help and a buffer to give you a little extra time to work.