IGNORED

Castlevania Advance Collection

layten

3 hours ago, Sumire said:

I am pretty sure Circle of the Moon had the "garish" colours because there was no backlit model at the time so they did it so you could see what is happening on dim screen better.

Yeah, I know - but I’m sure some games had slightly different colour schemes depending on which GBA you played on.

Finished Harmony of Dissonance having never played it before. I liked the dash buttons. I liked the magic system, although I ended up only really using the ice axe one. I really didn't like the garish outline around the player character, but I understand why it's there.

Overall I like it but it's let down slightly by how absolutely piss easy it is. I think I died twice in my entire playthrough, once to Pazuzu and once to the final boss. Although having said that I did look up the locations of two of Vlad's parts and how to achieve the best ending. Oh and after the excellence of the CotM soundtrack, the music in this one was a let down.

All in all, good but not as good as CotM.

18 hours ago, deKay said:

This is a ridiculously good bargain. Three of the best games ever, which are sometimes hundreds of quid on eBay, for less than £20?

They certainly are a bargain. I sold my mint Aria of Sorrow for £250 recently :)

1 hour ago, Hideous Kojima said:

FYI Vampire's Kiss is like molasses but I believe the other region/s run a bit faster.

I played the US version. It’s still slowwww.

1 hour ago, Hideous Kojima said:

Also, do you actually unlock anything when you clear all the games? Those crowns in the main menu are taunting me.

Doesn’t look like it.

2 hours ago, Hideous Kojima said:

FYI Vampire's Kiss is like molasses but I believe the other region/s run a bit faster.

Also, do you actually unlock anything when you clear all the games? Those crowns in the main menu are taunting me.

Can you select the region? Is the UK release the pal rom, with the US being the 60hz US rom? Would seem odd they would do that, but plan on picking this up soon so be good to know 

4 hours ago, Jazz Glands said:

Can you select the region? Is the UK release the pal rom, with the US being the 60hz US rom? Would seem odd they would do that, but plan on picking this up soon so be good to know 

You can select any region, with the PAL version running just like it did before we knew better. M2 are thorough, man. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing these in completely the wrong order I'm guessing. Just completed Aria of Sorrow which was absolutely superb and I've moved onto Harmony of Dissonance. So far, so good. Not going to bother with Vampire's Kiss but I will give CoTM a bash. Best to worst :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

Just a heads up. apparently this collection isn't compatible with Steam Deck. Which is a huge missed opportunity.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Unofficial Who said:

Steam Deck runs Steam OS which is a variant or Linux I think. I don't understand why Konami wouldn't devote some resources to making it Steam Deck compatible.

Sure, but there's a WINE-like wrapper as well, right? Then again, Konami doing anything beyond the bare minimum is asking for a lot these days.

18 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

Just a heads up. apparently this collection isn't compatible with Steam Deck. Which is a huge missed opportunity.

Just play it on your Switch then.

39 minutes ago, deKay said:

Just play it on your Switch then.

But then you have no dpad and tiny buttons on a machine that gives me hand cramps to use in handheld mode. 

41 minutes ago, Mallet said:

But then you have no dpad and tiny buttons on a machine that gives me hand cramps to use in handheld mode. 

Get new hands? I mean, come on.