Where is Peter Molyneux?

choddo

His last listed gig on linkedin is 22Cans which was still a going concern in Feb 2021.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-17-peter-molyneuxs-22cans-hit-with-layoffs

Peter Molyneux's 22Cans studio has suffered a round of layoffs.

As first reported by GamesIndustry.biz, the Guildford studio made an undisclosed number of staff redundant recently.

In a statement issued to Eurogamer, 22cans insisted development continues at the studio despite the layoffs.

"Unfortunately, due to a number of factors including projects reaching a certain stage in their development, we can confirm that a number of roles at 22cans have been made redundant," 22cans said.

"Development at the studio is continuing however."

14 hours ago, Nick R said:

Everyone is saying Peter Molyneux this, and Peter Molyneux that.

But no one is saying Will Wright this, and Archer Maclean that!

Reveal hidden contents

1138495149_SimpsonsPeterMolyneux.jpg.d123510e4a98dd9110f2774e5a5783ec.jpg

I sometimes say Geoff Crammond this & that. And I know what Andrew Braybrook is doing because he’s on twitter a lot (and thanked me for sort of helping him with a coding problem :o)

I remember about 20 years ago when we were discussing Peter Molyneux on the Edge forums and how a lot of posters hailed him as the western Miyamoto.

I suspect I was one of them as I was a fan of a lot of his projects, like Populous, Magic Carpet, Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper, The Movies, Fable and Black & White. 

In his early carreer I think he was a brilliant designer with a lot of love for video games but I suspect the business side of it all ruined him, turning him into lying bastard.