IGNORED

New World - Bug contruction simulator

Flub

Don't forget the original design for New World was a PVP Rust clone with no quests at all. Base building, territory control and full looting. The testers hated it and it morphed in short notice to what we have here. Some of the towns are almost cookie cutter clones of each other. Lots of questing areas and basically cut and pasted too.

Don't forget that a very large amount of people were super hyped when this launched (Myself included) mostly because it was far more open world than theme park. However as time went by more and more of the shortcomings, badly designed systems and poor design made themselves apparent. It looks like the amount of control the client has over situations is pretty insane.

The game is full problems that in the MMO genre have basically been solved for years now. A lot of systems are inconvenient and annoying but would have been less so in a full pvp game.

From what I'm reading item duping is still rife at the moment. Despite my early reactions this isn't a game you want to be playing. It'll be very interesting to see if Amazon is willing to throw the money and the time needed to fix this at the game.

All trading to be disabled until the bug is fixed

Hi all,

We are aware of a possible gold duplication exploit that has been circling and we are temporarily disabling all forms of wealth transfer between players (ie. sending currency, guild treasury, trading post, player to player trading).

Any player that has engaged in the use of this exploit will be actioned against.

Once the gold duplication exploit has been investigated and we are ready to turn on wealth transfer again, we will update this post.

Thank you for your understanding.

"Possible"

16 hours ago, Flub said:

Don't forget the original design for New World was a PVP Rust clone with no quests at all. Base building, territory control and full looting. The testers hated it and it morphed in short notice to what we have here.

Im not saying the original idea was good, that whole Ark / Rust type game are a shit show in pvp. Im glad they changed from that, and theyve struck on something really good in theory, (all the bugs aside) that with a bit of tweaking could be really something special I think. 

Of course that all relies on them being able to fix all of the current crap thats going on which im not convinced they will be able to.

In  the meantime I will potter along enjoying myself :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Wealth transfer has been disabled again while they investigate another dupe bug. You may not be surprised to note that the mechanisms behind this new dupe are the same as the rest. Just in a slightly different segment of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday there was a three hour downtime to deploy a patch. Today they're having another one. Presumably because people are randomly being given hundreds of thousands of free gold by the servers.

image.thumb.png.2ca8f2da0016afbc5ea57057afd6856d.png

It never ends. That's an update for the EU servers (NA servers seemingly uneffected). For a player driven economy closing the trading posts (And trying to roll them back like last week) is a bit of a disaster for gameplay.

19 hours ago, Flub said:

It never ends. That's an update for the EU servers (NA servers seemingly uneffected). For a player driven economy closing the trading posts (And trying to roll them back like last week) is a bit of a disaster for gameplay.

Not having the market for this length of time is crippling. Everyone is maxing out their storage , it leaves you unable to do anything. Some guy just game me 1000 iron ingots for free just to clear space.

• Flub changed the title to New World - Bug contruction simulator