New World - New Amazon Queue simulator MMO

Flub

3 hours ago, Melon_Bread said:

Fishing is one of things I wanted to try but I couldn't find any of the fibres you need to make the fishing rod.

Do a google search. There's a low level quest that will give you a basic rod.

9 hours ago, Flub said:

I don't know if any of you have noticed but there's no swimming in the game. You just kinda walk underwater

New-World-Screenshot-2021-10-03-18-31-53

It's called new WORLD.

Not new SEA.

A2-09567.thumb.jpg.45bc0f5bd625beed1fd9996592e873b3.jpg

On 02/10/2021 at 14:42, 5R7 said:

so, er, this is still bricking cards then...

This is terrifying ! Ive played this a bunch over the weekend and feel like I've been playing russian roulette without knowing it!

That smoking card in the video looks like the same one I have !

II cant beleive this went out with this bug still in there!

Saying that Im hooked now, so ive dialled my power back to 90% im guessing that as Ive played to level 23 already im probably ok? 

More likely that the higher you get and the more stress you put on your card the worse it will be. As higher end areas get more populated, as spells and attacks get more graphically complex and as there are more and more of them going off, combined with environmental effects, lighting, shadows, all the bells and whistles…if anything I’d say you’re safer at low level! 

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

More likely that the higher you get and the more stress you put on your card the worse it will be. As higher end areas get more populated, as spells and attacks get more graphically complex and as there are more and more of them going off, combined with environmental effects, lighting, shadows, all the bells and whistles…if anything I’d say you’re safer at low level! 

I dunno Ive done the first raid, a PvP, a portal smashing  seige and been in a crowded town getting about 20fps.  I dont know how much else its got to throw.

Some of the reports said it happened to people as soon as they openend the menu? 

Plan for tonight. Farm for hemp, rawhide and iron so I can level my outfiting skill 7 more points. Then do a few faction missions until I can afford a bigger rune of holding.

Then craft a huge sack for my junk.

1 hour ago, Flub said:

Plan for tonight. Farm for hemp, rawhide and iron so I can level my outfiting skill 7 more points. Then do a few faction missions until I can afford a bigger rune of holding.

Then craft a huge sack for my junk.

1745319548_sidjames.thumb.jpg.9f650653802d9ffe6a7899776d31ae83.jpg

You know what I hate about MMOs? I get told "Go here and activate this whatyahmacallit". Fine. I carefully work my way there, killing the mobs in my path. I get there (In this case a shattered temple where I need to use a magic anvil and I'm just about to click the thing when impaitent Johnny Shitcock charges in dragging half the zone into the room with him. No fighting along the way for old Johnny. He's got no time for that nonsense.

It's bedlam and so damn rude. I should have just stepped to one side and let them kill him but they'd only have turned on me when they were done. Good job my hammer is fucking massive.

I see more of that in this game than any other. I guess because of how busy the game is, the respawn timers around main missions are set to barely existing so you stand still for a second and three mobs spawn. People just give up trying to fight multiple mobs and end up dragging Benny Hill like trains of enemies around the zone. 

1 hour ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I see more of that in this game than any other. I guess because of how busy the game is, the respawn timers around main missions are set to barely existing so you stand still for a second and three mobs spawn. People just give up trying to fight multiple mobs and end up dragging Benny Hill like trains of enemies around the zone. 

It's really weird spawn rates at times. There's a mine to the north of the zone I'm in. The place is bedlam. Corruption tentacles hitting you from miles away while 4-5 mobs pounce on you if you put the slightest foot wrong and the respawn rate is insane. Head into a cave there to kill the boss? 20 minute respawn timer and god help you if you don't do enough damage because there's 20 people in there waiting.

Go kill 5 sheep in this place. BTW there's only three and they're on a 10 minute respawn timer

Was playing this and was getting microstutters and checked dragon Center on my msi 3090. 

the temps are crazy it goes from 48 stock doing nothing. To 80 as soon as I boot the game. 

think I’m going to hold off until they patch this. 

Sexy bag made. Tier 3 camp got. Level 28. Moving to a different zone and I wish the guilds running these towns would upgrade the bloody kitchens to level 3. You can't win a war without good grub

New-World-Screenshot-2021-10-04-19-33-17

My plan for tonight is to work on my chopping and mining skills. If I'm going to move into a higher level zone I need to be able to mine star metal and chop wyrd trees. Thankfully I can just do that mindlessly in a low level zone while watching Twitch.

Also Twitch midroll ads during a stream fucking suck. Actually hateful. So many of them as well.

Level 100 mining and I've got a stack of starmetal ore now. Of course it turns out you can't equip starmetal tools until much later so no rush there. Nearly level 30 and then I'll be able to craft another sweet delicious junk sack.

1 hour ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Shame you can't try this before buying it.

You can. Go to your local supermarket. Stand in the longest queue you can find. When you get to the front, abruptly leave and walk back to the back of the longest queue you can find. Repeat until you get bored and go home.

Almost. You have to have a thousand pounds of shopping in your trolley, and when you finally make it successfully to the checkout (a day or two later) pay up, take your shopping outside and set fire to it.

Happy patch day everyone.

https://www.thegamecrater.com/all-the-details-on-the-new-world-1-0-1-patch-notes/

General Fixes

Sets up groundwork for the character server transfer. You may see elements of that work in the in-game store. The developers are continuing to work on this feature, and will have more information on how the system works later this week when they release server transfers.

War

Changed turret projectiles in War from physical projectiles to use hitscan detection. This should help performance in War, with fewer objects spawning in the world.

AFK Prevention

Added additional AFK prevention to ensure players cannot fool the existing system with simulated mouse movement.

Shortened the AFK warning message from 20mins to 15mins.

Shortened the AFK disconnect from 25mins to 20mins.

World Queue

Added a confirmation screen when a player attempts to leave the queue for a world, asking the player to confirm if they’re intending to leave the queue. This should help ensure nobody accidentally leaves the queue and misses out on their spot in line.

Bug Fixes:

General Fixes

Fixed a rare issue causing the interact key to not properly function on various objects in the world.

Fixed an issue causing the barrel to not appear in “Pirate Stance” emote.

Fixed an issue where players did not receive coin as a reward from some activities.

Fixed a bug where interrupting the fast travel animation may cause the player’s character to become stuck inside of a house.

Fixed an issue in Territory Standing rewards where some localized text was missing.

Fixed an issue where players are asked to claim achievement titles multiple times after logging back into the game, despite already having claimed the rewards.

Fixed an issue causing leg animations to freeze.

Fixed game crashes related to the New World Twitch integrations. Integrations have been re-enabled in this update.

Fixed a rare issue where players could enter state where they could not be hit by most attacks.

Fixed an issue where certain item containers could be looted infinitely.

Fixed an issue where the abandoning event notification could sometimes persist after the player abandoned the event.

AI Fixes

Fixed an issue causing Pastor Walsh to spawn aggressively at the Walsham point of interest (POI).

Fixed an issue causing enemies to spawn slower than intended in the Bullrush Wash POI.

Fixed an issue causing Overseer Zane to respawn slower than intended in the “Something to Prove” quest.

Fixed an issue where Master Zindt could have duplicated respawns at the Kannan Tomb POI.

Quest Fixes

Added missing journal information about the recommended quest level for players attempting to unlock the second faction rank.

Fixed an issue where resetting the “Blessings of Earth” quest when gaining any of the blessings blocks progression in the Main Story Quest (MSQ).

Fixed an issue where the “Azoth Fulminate” quest will be unavailable to players if they first complete other Windsward quests.

Fixed an issue where completing the “Goodwill Squashing” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Arruda Jam” quest.

Fixed an issue where the barkeep conversation state in First Light can enter a state where quests cannot be obtained from the barkeep.

Fixed an issue where completing the “Taste for Revenge” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Predator, Prey” and “Great Expectations” quests.

Fixed an issue where completing the “Curse of Ebony Hawk” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Bond’s Gambit” quest.

Fixed an issue where completing “The Expedition into Saircor” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “One Threat at a Time” quest.

Fixed an issue where completing the “Strength of the Earth” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Fading Lights” and “Azure Tears” quests.

Fixed an issue where completing the “Twisted Metamorphosis” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Blessings of the Fallen” quest.

Fixed an issue where completing the “Facets of Light and Darkness” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Descent to Frosted Slumber” and “Transmuting Iron to Dust” quests.

I must say Ive never queued to get in even once. 

Still enjoying this very much, making the push for level 30. Spending a lot of time crafting my steel worktools and better bags.

Its same shit different day but its done very well and looks gorgeous in places. I was VERY dissapointed with the opening beach area so have been presently suprised since then.

Managed to squeeze in some pvp which is quite fun, it shoudl be interesting when we push properly for another groups region. 

1 hour ago, Padaxes said:

I must say Ive never queued to get in even once. 

You must be the only person playing it who hasn't queued at some point or you are playing at an ungodly hour.

I've lost interest in this now, it's the same old grind.

14 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

You must be the only person playing it who hasn't queued at some point or you are playing at an ungodly hour.

I've lost interest in this now, it's the same old grind.

Nope I just picked the lowest pop server when i signed up, its become medium population since then , but no queues even at peak hours (so far).

Im still enjoying this, although I fully acknowledge its mainly because I am a sucker for this kind of thing. Melon is not wrong when he says its the same old grind. 
It's not done anything really innovative but the formula has been polished pretty well.

The pvp does add some adidtional interest to it as well. I've modified my build to be a pvp build that works in pve , although not as effectivly in some cases. So i can drop what i am doing and run to defend or attack a fort which breaks things up quite nicely.