IGNORED

Bandai Namco changes logo

Cyhwuhx

13 minutes ago, rgraves said:

That tagline ("purpose") is absolutely dreadful. How did such clumsy lengthy derge get the go-ahead!?

Koei Tecmo has "Contribute to society through the creation of new value instilled within our products and services".

It’s not really going to ruin the day but I can’t really get the thinking behind turning a bright, distinctive logo that looks quite nice when it flashes up on screen into bland typeface. Maybe they want to look more serious*

*boring

10 minutes ago, BlackHoodedCrow said:

I officially rate this rebrand 1/10

And I know what I'm talking about - I'm a designer AND I use a mac.

I actually wish there was more so Brand New could actually do a proper review.

New logo looks like something I'd expect to see from a rebrand of FRANK or some other helpline.

I think it's the colour that's throwing me off.  Keeping the Red/Orange/Yellow from the old motif would have been better, but rebrandings are usually a big pile of business wankery that appeases shareholders and bob-all else.

Multiple schoolboy errors here - for starters, your Brand Purpose is an internal guide that steers what the eventual public-facing communication line should be, but only after having gone through several other thought and work processes first.

It’s like they’ve started at (to their credit, what is actually a quite nicely-formed) A, and gone straight to Z without bothering to craft the rest of their alphabet.  Hence why the final execution is getting so much hate.